PDA

View Full Version : How my SO (Tammy) changed my life and made me a woman!!!

Tamara Croft
07-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I sat thinking today about how much I have changed in the last year, well the last 6 years really.

1998 - Had short blonde hair, wore trousers all the time, bit my nails and hardly wore make-up. (I sound like a ftm... :rolleyes: )
1999 - 2004 Met the most wonderful man.... started to grow my hair, dyed it different colours, grew my nails and started to wear make-up more.
2005 - Hair was so long I had to have it cut. I dress like a woman now and have a lot of fem clothes, shoes etc. (Now I sound like a CD :eek: )

So from 1999 to present day, I have certainly changed. I wore trousers all the time because they made me feel comfortable. I'm not a super duper slim model and I am very concious of my weight and how things look on me. This last year has been a complete turn around in the way I look, dress, feel etc.

Today I said to Tam... do you think I've changed much?? She looked at me with a smile and told me I'm a lot more fem than I have ever been. I've started wearing skirts..... if someone had said to me 6 years ago I'd be wearing skirts, I would have laughed. Yesterday I went out specifically to buy a skirt, a couple of tops and some sandals. It felt good.. no it felt great and I can't believe I didn't shop like this years ago.

This year has been a complete turn around for me and I'm wondering if it's because of my relationship with a CD. Tam makes me feel confident, makes me feel like a woman, she makes me feel like I'm the most loved person in this whole universe. In the past she has urged me to wear skirts and pretty fem things, but I refused, because I always felt I looked too fat.. or I looked rediculous, yet she kept on saying I was beautiful and I looked wonderful. Today I don't feel like that anymore, I love the way my wardrobe is starting to fill up with fem things.... and not all black anymore either.

So I'd like to ask a few questions to the GG's here.

1. Do you think you are more feminine today because of your relationship with a crossdresser?

2. Has your lifestyle, way of dressing etc changed in anyway or are you the same person you are now from the day you met your SO?

I'd like to say thank you to Tammy for finally making me into a woman :p although I was born a girl... it's taken a few years for me to finally feel like one. :love:

Melissa Ryan
07-24-2005, 05:55 PM
That is so great to hear :thumbsup: and you always sound happy!! It does sound like a post from one of us! I bet most would love to be able to have changed over years and stay in our skirts and dresses full time :love: Nice dream though! So glad for you!!!!!!
.........Melissa..................

DanaJ
07-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Tamara - I am not a GG, but I do want to tell you - what a wonderful post! Tammy, great job girl :thumbsup: All you CDs with your supportive GGs are making me wistful....

DanaJ

Natalie x
07-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Tamara, I love your posts, you always make me cry:cry: they are so lovely!

StephanieCD
07-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn, Tam, you're the sweetest thing ever. I agree with Natalie - I got all weepy-eyed.

MonaSmith
07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Awww that is so sweet Tamara.

So, when are you going to shave the beard? :D

Mona x

~Tammy~
07-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Ya know Mona, I've been wondering about that too! :eek:

Oh, oh. Tamara's coming... *Runs to hide*

Tamara Croft
07-24-2005, 06:45 PM
BITCHES..... THE PAIR OF YOU :eek:

Now.... where's that ban button :lol: oh..... u know I have it!!!!!! :D

Oh... and you can go paint yer own damn nails Tam... :p

MonaSmith
07-24-2005, 06:46 PM
BITCHES..... THE PAIR OF YOU :eek:

Now.... where's that ban button :lol: oh..... u know I have it!!!!!! :DI know that you have it honey, but you love us too much to use it :love:

xx

Jenny Beth
07-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I know you asked for a GG's opinion but I had to put in my two cents worth and say your post has made my day. In recent months I have gotten my wife to wear colours and things she normally wouldn't and I think they look great on her. She's a tough sell though and I doubt I'll ever get her really girly but she is having more fun with clothes than she did even a year ago. Hmmmm, maybe I'll try to convince her to go to a salon for a complete make over.

Olivia
07-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow! Tamara, that's just a great post. I want my wife to read it! Olivia

Tamara Croft
07-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Jenny.... if you lived in the UK, I'd give her a make-over myself. I'm a Beauty Therapist.... yer think that in it's self would have made me quite fem.

Olivia.... print it out for her to read if she doesn't come to this forum :D

And..... anyone feel free to post... it's not limited to the GG's. Some of you have partners that aren't members of this board.... so please feel free to tell me if you think they have changed.

MonaSmith
07-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Tamara honey, can I borrow Tammy, so that she can make me into a woman too?

x

Jenny Beth
07-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Jenny.... if you lived in the UK, I'd give her a make-over myself. I'm a Beauty Therapist.... yer think that in it's self would have made me quite fem.

Send tickets!

Tamara Croft
07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Tamara honey, can I borrow Tammy, so that she can make me into a woman too?

x
Nope..... she's all mine :p

Jenny.... if only I had the money... :(

MonaSmith
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Spoilsport :( . Can't you clone her or something, you are a beauty therapist after all, you must know how!!

x

Tamara Croft
07-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Spoilsport :( . Can't you clone her or something, you are a beauty therapist after all, you must know how!!

x
You think if I could clone her I wouldn't make a few more for myself??? ;)

And anyway.... stop taking this off topic dammit....

Julie
07-24-2005, 07:18 PM
I think Marla made a similar comment, that she was never really into feminine attire until Angel opened her eyes. Makes me wonder if the girl to look for is one who's NOT into looking feminine?

Thanks for pointing out how this has had a postitve impact on your life. Maybe other SOs who aren't so accepting will see there are good things that can come from a relationship with s CD. :)

cosmolovesph
07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
That is great and congrats!!

I too am not a GG but wanted to chime in...

I had gotten my wife to wear pantyhose,stockings and skirts more often but she now has a more casual job and she hardly dresses up anymore.. hardly on the weekends... kinda miss it.

Di
07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
In my case i,ve always loved skirts and dresses and sexie undergarmets all that stuff....my girls say i,m foo foo. Thats just been how I always liked to dress..but sharing all these things with someone is what I love.......

Melissa Ryan
07-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi, Melissa Ryans GG here. My name is Lyn, I love all you guys, I have been reading along every day with Melissa, even snuck in a couple of posts, I am so glad you are here, it truely has given her a lot of help, direction and acceptance, Thankyou all.
As for have I changed, No I don't think so, a little more accepting (although I never had much of a problem with it anyway) I'm pretty much a dress in black girl, a wanna be goth but can't quite pull it off. On the girlie side of me I wear a lot of long velvet dresses (romantic goth) and I've always had coloured hair although mostly purple of late (my favorite colour ). My biggest problem is Melissa looks better in all the cute stuff, she has a better bod, mines a bit larger than hers, (boobs and hips) so I get jelous that she can wear a lot of things I would like too. But I love her/him to pieces so it's not a real problem. I hope my answer wasn't too off track for what you were asking. Hugs Lyn.....

Stormgirl
07-25-2005, 12:18 AM
and you're a beautiful woman too! :love:

Rikki
07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Tamara, Tammi has done a great job on you. It's too sad that a GG has to learn how to dress from her SO. :) My wife has always had a problem dressing, then she started wearing my clothes.We always kid around about her having no taste for clothes. I'll have to get over your way so you can give me a make over, which won't be easy.

Rikki

Clare
07-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Your post could have been written by my ex wife. It is spookily accurate.

When i met my ex, she had no money, her mum had just died, she only wore basic clothes and had lost interest in makeup & general appearance.

After a couple of years of me filling her closet with new clothes (she never wanted them) she suddenly started wearing them, then became an AVON rep and was into makeup bigtime. She blossomed as a person after that!

I just wish we were still together......... (tears....)

Christine

PS: Mona - I didn't recognise you! How long have you had the new avatar? Damn, I like it!

DonnaT
07-25-2005, 06:12 AM
What a nice read Tamara, thanks.

My wife has only recently gone through some changes. I think this is due more towards my getting a chance to go out a couple of times, which lead to more shopping together. Plus the time I gave her a gift of a spa day and she really liked being pampered.

For example, she's taken more interest in her makeup and nails. Has had several makeovers at her favorite makeup counter and has been to the nail salon a few times. She still hardly ever wears a skirt, but does like skorts now.

Adrianne
07-25-2005, 06:50 AM
I am so happy for you sweetie, i wish both of you all the best for the rest of your lifes.

Adrianne.

norbie
07-25-2005, 06:55 AM
What a great sharing, Dear Tamara,
is Norbie allowed to be a little chicky??
When is your first corset coming? And don't forget a corset is equal to an embrathment of a lover...
Anyway I can see you happy and proud: 'look i am all woman'
Good on you dear Lady!
Norbie

Marla GG
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Tamara,

Wow, what a terrific post. You expressed yourself so eloquently and it was a true pleasure to read.

I completely get where you're coming from. I dress much more femininely than I did in the past, and I notice other positive changes in me too. For example, I am much more affectionate, both verbally and physically, than I used to be. I think being with a partner who loves femininity so much is what brings it out in me. I took my womanhood for granted before and didn't really value it. What a shame. But seeing myself through Angel's eyes has changed everything. Just like Tam does for you, Angel makes me feel completely loved and cherished, and I will never be able to thank her enough for that.

Let me make one thing clear, though. There was never a question of me having poor taste or having to "learn how to dress" from my partner. Angel would be the first to admit that she had nothing to teach me in that department. I had plenty of taste.....it's just that my personal style tended to de-emphasize the feminine because I did not want to be perceived as weak, dumb, shallow, or any number of other stereotypical female traits. But I have gotten past those fears now. What I have learned from Angel is not what to wear, but how to love myself in whatever I wear, including girly things if I feel like it.

I actually did write about my feelings on this in a previous post, and I'm happy the topic has come up again. Thanks again for a fantastic read.

For anyone who is interested and missed it the first time: Girls Have More Fun? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10116)

kathy gg
07-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Tamara,

You sounded so genuinely happy about your new found love for some of these things that many of us do 'take for granted'.

to answer the questions...
I believe that I am more feminine today because of wanting to be with a cd.
I think I always wanted to be more girly. But money, my job, and the exhusband, those things kept me from being who I am today. But once I did have the funds to buy the type of clothing that I like, got divorced, and stopped worrying about my job and the 'image' I projected I really came into who I am today.

Although my hsiar is probably the shortes it has ever been, due to having the baby and having no time to style it in the way I prefer when it is long, it still is pretty feminine.

Being with a cd has made me more experimental with make up and things I never used to care for like pantyhose and heels.

I don't think those things make me a 'better' woman, because I, like many of you other gg's here, think there is more to being a woman than clothing alone. But there is a confidence that feeling good does bring. And you don't get that slumping around in sweat pants. Don't get me wrong, I still have casual stuff, but the joy of the feminine stuff is always prefered it time and circumstance allow.

hugs
kathy in canada

So I'd like to ask a few questions to the GG's here.

1. Do you think you are more feminine today because of your relationship with a crossdresser?

2. Has your lifestyle, way of dressing etc changed in anyway or are you the same person you are now from the day you met your SO?

I'd like to say thank you to Tammy for finally making me into a woman :p although I was born a girl... it's taken a few years for me to finally feel like one. :love:

Rachel_740
07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Tamara,

It's great to hear that you've re-found the comfort and looks of wearing skirts again. ;) Well done Tammy :thumbsup:

Anne

~Tammy~
07-26-2005, 06:04 PM
There's just one problem with Tamara now going out dressed up in flowing skirts & gypsy tops. Going out with nice painted finger and toes nails, and long hair.

I'M SO DAMN JEALOUS! :(

But she sure was looking lovely today :D

Tamara Croft
07-26-2005, 06:06 PM
But she sure was looking lovely today :D
Aww sweetie..... :o :o thankyou :hugs:

womanatheart
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
This isnt quite exactly how the thread started but I'd like to add: my wife, before that gut wrenching night she found my CD photos and she learned I was a CDer, she was very unfem. But in the past year, she has changed 180 degrees. No longer plain cotton nickers that rise past the waist but now real fem ones (the kind I wear!), changed bras from old grandma's to bras are more sheer and revealing (like I wear), classy and colorful trousers and blouses. Unless she has some bloke on the side which I am unaware, I can only attribute this to the impact of that night and learning I was a CD. I really think she feels better about herself being more fem. So - who knows, maybe there was a hidden benefit from that night that rocked our boat.
My dream, is to walk down a street or in a mall with my wife next to me and both are fem, accepting each other as girls, no regret or fear, not being ashamed, enjoying each other as equals and sharing/thrilling in the moment as two in love.
Love,
Stephanie