PDA

View Full Version : In a Funk

Jaclyn NM
10-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Do any of you gals every get into a little bit of a funk concerning your crossdressing? The reason I ask, is because I'm sort of experiencing one right now. I think a big reason, is that I'm spending a little bit too much time thinking about, and obsessing about being dressed. I don't have any regrets about crossdressing because it's part of who I am, and I do love it, but I think I need to get it back in the right perspective. I can't dress as much as I'd like, and that's not going to change, so I need to accept it and move on. The amount of time I have still gives me pleasure (in fact probably more so, since it is limited), and I can live with that. I guess the problem is I need to stop thinking about it so much. Have any of you had this experience? I'd love to hear all of your thoughts.

Wen4cd
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, when Kat stopped being "something I dressed as" and became a real 'presence' it got worse. Once I felt her real presence, I am now miserably empty without it, and she's not always there. It's not dependent on dress either, it really is a spiritual presence I feel within me that I do not wish to live without anymore, and would live to achieve union with.

This is why I am practicing meditation now, and wanting to learn yoga. :)

carolinoakland
10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I swear it's something in the water your like the sixth person to say they're all moody and stuff, and i've been feeling that way too. Carol

Miranda09
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh yea...I would love to dress all the time, but at the same time, I don't want to get lost in it and lose my male self..so to speak. Sometimes it's a hard balance, but I can usually manage it fairly well. :)

Karren H
10-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Well It happens... Not to me... I rarely get into a funk... But I do obsess all the time... Just ask my wife... Whether it be crossdressing or makeup or hockey... My truck... My hair... or just about anything... Kind of like an obsession of the week.. And although obsessing isn't supposed to be good.. Changing your obsessions daily is working pretty good since I never get depressed about what I was obsessing about yesterday? And my obsessing isn't really a negative thing more like concentrated enegries towards one or two things and then on to something else. Just-in-time obsessing!! Obsession of the day.. Lol.

LisaM
10-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I feel the same way at times---that is why I continue to see a therapist and why I continue to fight depression.

vikki2020
10-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah, when Kat stopped being "something I dressed as" and became a real 'presence' it got worse. Once I felt her real presence, I am now miserably empty without it, and she's not always there. It's not dependent on dress either, it really is a spiritual presence I feel within me that I do not wish to live without anymore, and would live to achieve union with.

This is why I am practicing meditation now, and wanting to learn yoga. :)

"She's not always there"-- I guess it's something we all go thru. Last time I got to dress, and get out, I just didn't feel "it". But, I have to take my opportunities as they come, so I tried to force it. Just didn't work at all! I kept thinking I would be OK after a while, but I couldn't get it going. I was asking myself--"where did she go?"

tinalynn
10-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Ebbs and tides are a part of my life. I'll go for months without dressing, then want to every day for three weeks. Its all about balance... You'll get through it, we all do.

PretzelGirl
10-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Life is like that. What do you do where things don't go through a series of ups and downs? Sometimes we are in the mood for what we enjoy and sometimes we just don't feel like. Nothing to worry about. Fill you time with a hobby or if you really want to get the urge back, do chores! :D

Just-in-time obsessing!! Obsession of the day.. Lol.

Don't be obsessing about obsessing now. :heehee:

Kolokea GG
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
My SO has bouts of it from time to time..Like with anything..sometimes you need to take a step back in order to enjoy it again.