PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor says Hello to Deidra

Deidra Cowen
07-24-2005, 07:58 PM
After a nap I got dressed this afteroon and decided to leave my condo to get some cigerettes and also buy some stuff at the drug store. Went out and had a nice shopping trip.

Came back home and my next door neighbors have like 4 people standing in front of their condo. Their familly from outta town was visiting. Crap! I decided not to have to walk thru em and never got out of the car. I pulled back out and drove around for a bit. (big chicken!!!)

After an hour or so that included a fast food drive-thru stop I came back home. The crowd was gone and I headed to my door. My next door neighbor that instance comes outta his condo and walks right up and by me. He smiled and said hello! I just smiled and nodded a greeting and kept going.

I have had long talks with him several times and he did not read me! This makes me feel better since one of the only things that has been worrying me is the neighbors seeing me come and go as a fem.

My kids visit every other weekend and I don't want them to hear about Deidra...but dang it I just love dressing and don't want to give up coming and going from my place. So this is good news for me!

Deidra

katheverson
07-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow, you go Deidra! That's pretty good... I'll bet you were a wreck until you realized that you weren't read (I would have been)... What a confidence booster!! Just from seeing your pics here, I don't think you would have trouble passing anywhere! :D

Tristen Cox
07-24-2005, 11:05 PM
No invite in for a cup of coffee? Drats.. :D

Sharon
07-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Very cool, Deidre!

Deidra Cowen
07-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Update: I saw that neighbor again this morning. Talked for a bit and it was just normal conversation. So I think indeed I fooled him. Also another neighbor came out that had seen me as Deidra in my car. He shouted good morning and kept on going. Again judging by the reactions of both of them they do not connect my fem side with my drab side.

Living dangeriously but getting away with it. :rolleyes: Going to stay careful as I can but still intend on coming and going from my place dressed.

Thanks for the notes of support Kath, Tristan & Sharon! I don't have the ideal setup for being undercover here but am really feeling good about keeping the dressing under wraps. (for job and kids...otherwise I would not give a flip!)

Hugs,

Deidra

StephanieCD
07-27-2005, 10:36 AM
That must be so exciting! Like being a spy! How's your voice? Must be good to fool them :bunny:

Good for you!

Jamie M
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
That's absolutely wonderful , it's such a nice feeling being treated as the person you feel with no questions asked .

I'm curious though , and this question can apply to anyone reading this aswell

When dealing with the subject of being spotted by neighbours and friends would you rather that they-
a) 'read' you but still came and chatted anyway and accepted you for what you are
b) were oblivious to who you are and spoke to like as a visiting friend ?

just wondering

StephanieCD
07-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I would rather they accepted me so blanketly that I had to ask which one it was ;)

Really though I'd rather be accepted as a crossdresser than a false woman. (except on every other saturday night ;) )

Deidra Cowen
07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Point of clarification...this morning i was in drab on the way to work. What I was looking for was any funny reactions since both of them have seen me as Deidra coming and going. One of them very up close.

I have not spoken to them as Deidra...my voice is very deep and male. :mad:

Julia knowing how most people feel about crossdressers right now I just want them to think I am a visiting girl. It would be cool to be accepted as a CD but I am not trying to push that right now.

Thanks for the replies...I know I must sound a bit nutty to some...and I am running some risks...but I just love dressing and want to keep my drab side and my femmy side separate but going on at this point!

Deidra

Marla GG
07-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Deirdra,

Glad to hear that your fears about the neighbors aren't keeping you in. Brave girl!

Angel and I have been out twice en femme. The first time we went through an elaborate scheme to keep the neighbors from knowing.....baseball cap and sunglasses, quick into the car, put wig on later.....yeah I know, I feel kind of silly now :o

The second time, we decided we just didn't care, so we just strolled in and out like we had every right to (which we DO!). Our three sets of neighbors across the street (the ones who can see our driveway from their houses) have known me for 15 years but we are not close in any way. We usually just wave, and hardly ever speak. So my thoughts are, if they do figure it out and stop waving to us, or make us a hot topic of coversation among themselves, fine with me. They need something to take their minds off their boring lives anyway.

Krystal Lee
07-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Deirdra,

Glad to hear that your fears about the neighbors aren't keeping you in. Brave girl!

Angel and I have been out twice en femme. The first time we went through an elaborate scheme to keep the neighbors from knowing.....baseball cap and sunglasses, quick into the car, put wig on later.....yeah I know, I feel kind of silly now :o

The second time, we decided we just didn't care, so we just strolled in and out like we had every right to (which we DO!). Our three sets of neighbors across the street (the ones who can see our driveway from their houses) have known me for 15 years but we are not close in any way. We usually just wave, and hardly ever speak. So my thoughts are, if they do figure it out and stop waving to us, or make us a hot topic of coversation among themselves, fine with me. They need something to take their minds off their boring lives anyway.

Marla, you know as a community we give some people something to talk about that is probibly the most exciting thing that ever happened to them.
Maybe we should ask for royalties? :rolleyes:
Hugs Krystal.