PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany

Rebecca Jayne
10-23-2009, 01:33 PM
After I got done with some electrical work this morning,
I decided to put on a nice blouse and skirt, it wasn't warm enough so I slipped on 2 petticoats, and
Vowalla I had an epiphany, a microscopic memory flashback,

I was 3-4 at Kathleen's house (my best friend) and she suggested playing dress up and so we did and we had a ball wearing her mothers clothes walking in those huge high heels, getting them caught in slips and tops, I think I may have even worn a hat.
Funny how clear this memory is now , yet this is the first time that I remember it, guess it was parked way in the back of the grey matter lot and I just found the claim check.

It was fun then and still is I guess I really have come full circle.

Janine cd
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I had a similar experience last February when I put on a full black satin slip. I was dressing up in black suede jumper and off white knit sweater. All of a sudden, I felt the same way as I did when I tried on my mom's satin slip for the first time some 59 years ago. The same wonderful feeling of complete satisfaction that I was a girl came back.

sissystephanie
10-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I had a similar flashback just a couple of day ago. I was getting ready for bed, and since our weather has cooled off I decided to wear a nightgown. I opened the drawer and grabbed the first one I touched. It was a pink satin knee length one, which fits me perfectly. The flashback was to our wedding night. My dear late wife knew all about my CD activities before we married and totally accepted them. On our wedding nite she presented me with a pink silk nightgown very similar to the satin one I was putting on. I am not ashamed to admit the thought brought tears to my eyes, as this year would have been our 54th anniversary had she lived!:love:

Sarah5
10-23-2009, 10:05 PM
I had one a while back as well...for me it was recalling at about ge 12 getting dressed up in my Moms purple satin blouse....and thinking how pretty I looked.