PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 2 Days......

donnatracey
10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I know it's probably not a big deal to most of you but it definitely has been an interesting time and big steps forward for me. BTW, all of this was done in drab....

Yesterday I had my 1st ever manicure/pedicure - what a wonderful/relaxing experience. Left with bright orange toenails for Halloween.....:heehee:

Today I finally bought my wig from a local shop - the owner has been so helpful over the past few weeks. I am sure I will be going back. She also put me in contact with a makeover artist from a local salon...can't wait to see what he can do for me....:daydreaming:

Then went to the outlet mall for several stops. First, picked up a nice pair of brown sandals (on clearance) to show off my new nails.....

Then off to Lane Bryant - had a sign in the window for free bra fittings so I figured why not? The SA measured me and gave me some tips - but did not have the right size for me....referred me to the Hanes/Bali/Playtex shop at the other end of the mall. This is where it got interesting.....

Went in and explained my "plight" for Halloween and had 1 SA's undivided attention for almost an hour as she picked bras out for me. She asked if I'd mind trying some on...yeah, right! Must have tried on 7-8 (she kept popping them over the door and I kept trying them on and she kept checking back before we finally found the right one, Playtex Secrets, 42B). Wonder what the lady in the booth next door was thinking......:daydreaming: Anyway, the SA "checked me out" and pronounced me "good to go".

The interesting thing is that a month or 2 ago I would have given long odds for me to do any of this and not feel nervous or threatened. Just like my recent shopping for clothes....just feels natural and like you all have said, it's amazing how no one pays attention and the SAs have all been so helpful, when I needed assistance.

So...for any of girls who have been holding back, if I can do it, anyone can.....:battingeyelashes:

Next step...to go out shopping dressed as a woman. That may take some time yet but def can see it happening now.

Thanks to all who have given me the support and encouragement ....it meant so much!

Chloe Renee
10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Conngrats on getting out there and being yourself. I wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Miranda09
10-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Woo hoo...way to go Donna. Sounded like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing/ :)

donnatracey
10-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Victoria and Miranda, thanks for your kind words! Still hard to believe how much happened so fast....and how relaxed I was....:heehee:

gennee
10-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Donna, you'll be amazed how fast things move when you make up your mind to act. Congrats to you.

Gennee

:love:

donnatracey
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Donna, you'll be amazed how fast things move when you make up your mind to act. Congrats to you.

Gennee

:love:

Thanks, Gennee! Yes, things sure have been going faster the past few days. Sometimes I wonder if it's too fast....:doh:

Rita B
10-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Had my pedicure and manicure done today too for a party tomorrow. My nails are now "hooker" red to go with my lbd. I've been doing this for some time now and I love it. The salon operator also lets me use her "back" room to change and get made up. Real cool. . .hey. . .I'm a good customer. Pedicures are fantastic. Women have been holding out on all the wonderfull ways that they can relax and be pampered!

Jennylace
10-25-2009, 03:31 AM
have a blast donna! enjoy every moment every feeling every adventure because when you experince it. it adds to your personality.
so sway those hips and just have fun....................................Jen

donnatracey
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
...thanks for the encouraging comments! And to think I waited until a week before I turn 60.....almost like I'm trying to make up for lost time.....which I suppose I am.

sissystephanie
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Way to go, Donna! Everything will be easier for you now. Of course, I have 17 years on you in age and experience. But if I or anyone else can do it, then so can you. Since my wife is no longer around (passed away) to do my makeup and wig, I just go out as me in a skirt!:heehee: And yes, I go virtually everywhere, including trying on femme things of all types!

You go, Girl!!!:hugs::hugs:

Rebecca Jayne
10-25-2009, 10:36 PM
DT How great! Quite the day huh girl?
Chalk another one up for the Good girls.

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks, RJ! Yes, it's been quite "invigorating", to say the least. If you had told me a month ago I would have done all that, I never would have believed it. But you never know unless you try, right? So glad I did....:o

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Had my pedicure and manicure done today too for a party tomorrow. My nails are now "hooker" red to go with my lbd. I've been doing this for some time now and I love it. The salon operator also lets me use her "back" room to change and get made up. Real cool. . .hey. . .I'm a good customer. Pedicures are fantastic. Women have been holding out on all the wonderfull ways that they can relax and be pampered!

Rita - hope your party goes well! With nails like that, you're off to a great start...:). Something about "hooker red" that paints a pretty picture.

Your right about women and pedicures - 1 of the most relaxing/pampered experiences I've ever had.

Decided to get my fingernails done today in the same orange color to match my toes. Talk about standing out now....:D And, unlike you, I went in drab. Maybe I'll "upgrade" to hooker red for the Xmas holidays.....:battingeyelashes:

"Mary"
10-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Way to go donnatracey - I can't wait to hear how this goes for you.

Thanks for sharing.

TonyaV
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I do travel often, and when I do, by the time I get to my destination, I am usually very tired. So, I've learned a perfect way to get pampered - I go to the nearest mall and get my make-up there. Usually, I go in drab. Most times, the make-up artists are the nicest people. You will get few lookers (shoppers), here and there; but who cares? Once I am done, I leave the store, back to the hotel, get dressed, and out goes Tonya.

The first time, few years ago, I did ii around Halloween, and said I am going to a party as a TV. After the first experience, I became very comfortable with simply walking in, and asking for a feminine look. Usually I buy the make-up remover from them in return for the favor.

sherri52
10-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats for getting out there. I would think it harder to try on bras in drab. Completely enfemme for me

DawnRodgers
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Donna,
Better late then never - and I should know. It feels so good to be fem.
Dawn

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Ladies, thanks for all your kind words....

Stephanie - yes, hopefully, it will get easier and easier....

Mary - thanks, btw, love your photo "mix"....:)

Tonya - what a wonderful idea when traveling - something to keep in mind....:daydreaming:

Sherri - yes, you would think but not ready to go en femme - and I was amazed how calm I was with the process. The SA was absolutely an angel to work with....:heehee:

Dawn - agreed!

joann426
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
i am like you donna i love to do the same and dont give a s#it it is alot of fun doing it