PDA

View Full Version : When you stop caring what people think

sandra-leigh
10-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Some days, the situation is such that you don't give a darn what exactly you have on or what other people think of it, because you have more important things to worry about. Today was such a day.

Background:

In an earlier thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109763) I mentioned that we have care-givers in our home (for my mother-in-law) and that one of them had gotten displeased about my panties (the bathrobe I was wearing would sometimes pull open a bit.)

The outcome of that situation was that I bought two pairs of women's PJs, one separates and one in the form of a "lounge-wear" -- which even the interior label referred to as a "dress". So the care-givers don't see my panties anymore, I get to wear a dress around the house, and everything worked out. Though we do wonder why the "devout Mennonite" who (fully justifiably as far as I am concerned) reported the problem has somehow rarely been available lately... a touch of trans-phobia perhaps?

Today:

This morning, my mother-in-law (80 years old, with Alzheimer's) sneaked out of the house to "go for a walk". Neither my wife nor I noticed immediately, but likely no more than 15-20 minutes after she left. I was still in my lounge-dress, so I tossed on a jacket (it's only about 40F/ 5C) and went out looking for her -- with the bottom of the lounge-dress fully visible. Out to the main street nearby, down the end of the local block, across to look at the nearby alley, and back to home. A few of the neighbours 3 doors down were sitting around on their front lawn and saw me and my wife... but they've already seen me in a skirt, and they know about my M-I-L -- they didn't care what I was wearing, but they were concerned about us finding my M-I-L. Even the freaky new neighbour (and I don't mean that in a good sense) was outside in his camoflauge suit and hunting knife saw me -- and if upset or displeased him, he can go ____ himself.

My M-I-L was missing, and was likely to get lost... what I was wearing while I searched for her was not important!

My wife called the police, I changed into something warmer, and went out looking again.

About 15 minutes later the police called her to report that someone had found my M-I-L and that the police would fetch her and return her to us. So we returned home. About 5 minutes later, the woman who found my M-I-L must have looked through her purse and found the contact information that is there, and called us directly, and my wife immediately went over to fetch her mother. I know the street -- my M-I-L had walked a full kilometer (at least) before someone noticed her. Extremely doubtful that she would have found her own way home -- the only time we take her in that direction is by car. Almost certainly she got disoriented and kept walking, looking for our street :(

So she was found, after giving us a good scare. We don't know what we're going to do, as she is definitely getting worse about deliberately sneaking out of the house.

And what anyone thought of my being out searching in strange clothes... I don't care. When you have an emergency, you do what you have to do.

giuseppina
10-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother wandering off.

So she was found, after giving us a good scare. We don't know what we're going to do, as she is definitely getting worse about deliberately sneaking out of the house.

And what anyone thought of my being out searching in strange clothes... I don't care. When you have an emergency, you do what you have to do.

Agreed. If your new neigbour causes trouble, there is the option of a no-contact restraining order if he doesn't smarten up. You were there first, so he should have to move if it comes to it.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a chat with your MIL's doctor about some sort of restraint, like door locks she can't open. Since the incident has been documented with the police, there ought to be enough evidence that a problem exists.

It's not a good idea to do this alone without documentation and authorisation from the proper authorities. If someone finds out that you are restraining your MIL and the police get involved, you risk a charge of forcible confinement unless you can prove that you are restraining her under orders from an MD or other qualified professional. It doesn't matter if you have your MIL's best interests in mind.

You and your wife aren't the only ones with an elderly relative with these tendencies.

Stephenie S
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Some days, the situation is such that you don't give a darn what exactly you have on or what other people think of it, because you have more important things to worry about. Today was such a day.

Background:

In an earlier thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109763) I mentioned that we have care-givers in our home (for my mother-in-law) and that one of them had gotten displeased about my panties (the bathrobe I was wearing would sometimes pull open a bit.)

The outcome of that situation was that I bought two pairs of women's PJs, one separates and one in the form of a "lounge-wear" -- which even the interior label referred to as a "dress". So the care-givers don't see my panties anymore, I get to wear a dress around the house, and everything worked out. Though we do wonder why the "devout Mennonite" who (fully justifiably as far as I am concerned) reported the problem has somehow rarely been available lately... a touch of trans-phobia perhaps?

Today:

This morning, my mother-in-law (80 years old, with Alzheimer's) sneaked out of the house to "go for a walk". Neither my wife nor I noticed immediately, but likely no more than 15-20 minutes after she left. I was still in my lounge-dress, so I tossed on a jacket (it's only about 40F/ 5C) and went out looking for her -- with the bottom of the lounge-dress fully visible. Out to the main street nearby, down the end of the local block, across to look at the nearby alley, and back to home. A few of the neighbours 3 doors down were sitting around on their front lawn and saw me and my wife... but they've already seen me in a skirt, and they know about my M-I-L -- they didn't care what I was wearing, but they were concerned about us finding my M-I-L. Even the freaky new neighbour (and I don't mean that in a good sense) was outside in his camoflauge suit and hunting knife saw me -- and if upset or displeased him, he can go ____ himself.

My M-I-L was missing, and was likely to get lost... what I was wearing while I searched for her was not important!

My wife called the police, I changed into something warmer, and went out looking again.

About 15 minutes later the police called her to report that someone had found my M-I-L and that the police would fetch her and return her to us. So we returned home. About 5 minutes later, the woman who found my M-I-L must have looked through her purse and found the contact information that is there, and called us directly, and my wife immediately went over to fetch her mother. I know the street -- my M-I-L had walked a full kilometer (at least) before someone noticed her. Extremely doubtful that she would have found her own way home -- the only time we take her in that direction is by car. Almost certainly she got disoriented and kept walking, looking for our street :(

Dear Sandra,

This situation is only going to get worse. Please know this. We put little slide bolt locks on all the doors up high where my mom couldn't reach them, or even notice them much, and where she could reach we put in combination padlocks. It looks terrible, and almost like you are locking your dear MIL in, but that's exactly what you ARE doing. Otherwise, you will be chasing her everyday and eventually she's gonna get hurt or worse. Alzhiemers is a progresive disease. She will continue to decline in the future. Brace yourselves. If your marriage can survive this, it might make it through you TG problems.

And BTW, any caregiver who "noticed" my underwear would be out on the street in no time. That's sick.

Lovies,
Stephenie