PDA

View Full Version : Out to my Daughter, Today

Holly
07-24-2005, 10:56 PM
It wasn't something I had planned on doing on this Sunday afternoon. No, I didn't wake up this morning and think to myself, "Hey I think I'll tell my only daughter that I'm a crossdresser today." I hadn't even planned on seeing her today at all. She doesn't even live in the same county as I do. HTGurl and I were spendig a lazy Sunday at home topgether and hadn't even gotten dressed. We were still in our night gowns from the night before.

I was working on my laptop, editing a picture I'm planning to sent to a friend and my wife was in the den using the other computer. I was having trouble getting the picture to print so I went back to the den to see what was wrong. All of a sudden, we hear the front door open and our daughter's cheery, "Hello." She had driven out to see us while her BF was working. Hiding behind the door of the den did no good whatsoever. Busted! Well, it was ackward for a few minutes, that's for sure. I ran into the bedroom and changed into jeans and a tee shirt while my daughter went out into the living room where my computer was still on. When I walked out, she was looking at the picture I had been working on. I was in it, along with two other "girls" I had been out with a couple of weeks ago. At first she didn't want to talk about it. BUT she wasn't treating me any differently:) . We got caught up on what had been going on during the last couple of weeks in each others lives and by that time HTGurl finally joined us. (She had to shower and put on her makeup... she's such a girl!:D ) We all talked some more (not about CDing) and had a light snack. We played a game and had a real nice visit.

When my daughter's BF called to say that he had finished his work, we decided that it would be nice to all go out and have dinner together... so we did. The place we dedcided to go to was about a half hour drive from our house. I rode with my daughter and my wife followed in our truck.

It was now or never. I mean, she had seen me dressed before on Halloween, but not in the middle of July in a purple satin nightie. Once we got on the road, I asked her if there was anything she wanted to talk about. At first she said no. She said that I didn't ask her about her personal life and I could do whatever I wanted. After a few moments she did say that if I was going to have breasts the next time she saw me that she would like to know about that. I told her that if I did, they would come out of a box. She smiled, then laughed. And then the questions started to come. How long? How often? Where do you go? How does mom feel about it? I was honest and forthright in answering all her questions. On the plus side, she never did ask if I was gay. I told her about this place and gave her the web address. I'm sure that she will visit here. The bottom line is that she accepted it without reservation. I'm still her daddy, and she is still my baby girl. And I'm confident that will NEVER change. Why? Because she said so.

We talked about crossdressing a little more and then she started sharing some things with me about her. Wow! We have always been pretty close. But this has seemed to open up and entire new level of trust and mutual respect for one another. My little girl is a young woman now... and a very fine young woman, at that.

Sweetheart, I know you are reading this. I want you and the world to know how very proud of you I am. While your mom and I handed you the pieces of life as you were growing up, it is you who have assembled them into the beautiful, caring, compassionate, human being that you have become. Don't ever sell yourself short. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't. Don't settle for the mediocre or the status quo. Continue to see the good in people and encourage those around you to become all that they can be. Keep dreaming your dreams and don't ever stop. Love, Daddy.

Pip
07-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Congratulations on a great outcome of what must have been an awkward situation at first. Your daughter sounds great!

My wife and I have mentioned that her daughter would probably be very open minded out my dressing. I don't know if I'm ready to tell her yet or not though. Would be nice as she has excellent fashion sense. I couldn't think of a better person to help me pick out clothes, but that will definately have to wait for awhile.

Way to go Holly!

Pip

Tristen Cox
07-24-2005, 11:10 PM
You have a very kewl daughter Holly :thumbsup: You should certainly be proud of her :)

Mandy Salamander
07-24-2005, 11:17 PM
,,,quite different than the way I came out to my daughter,, but results seem similar,,, just as I kinda figured,, is not in how they're told, but rather in how they're raised!!!,,, GOOD LUCK,, doo hope all works out for you, as well as it has for me,,,

Sharon
07-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't expect any other reaction from a daughter of yours, Holly! I'm so happy for you and the freedom of peace of mind you now have with your daughter.
Actually, I can relate to your post intimately, so I know how great it is when this huge secret we have is no longer a secret from those we most love.

Jenny Beth
07-24-2005, 11:45 PM
I am glad to hear that the outcome was a good one. I just posted this somewhere else today but I wasn't so lucky when my daughter discovered this about me. But years later and after a good talk she is okay with it. You have an amazing daughter, no doubt you are very proud of her.

Rikki
07-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Holly, you have to be proud of your daughter, she sounds like a chip off the ole block. Nice story.

Rikki :thumbsup:

Olivia
07-25-2005, 12:08 AM
That's great Holly! You do have a great daughter. When it comes down to it, you are exactly right, you are still dad and she's still your girl. That's how I feel about my daughter too. I'd say that you and her mom have much to be proud of. Congratulations dear. Love, Olivia

Holly
07-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks, ladies.

PIP- I surely wasn't READY to tell my daughter. It's just a great thing that she was ready to hear it!

Tristen- You have no idea just "kewl" she is. She's never been embarassed to be around me. We've even performed on stage together (she's much better at acting than I am, BTW).

Mandy- You are so right! It is about how they are raised. Her mom did a great job:D !

Sharon- It may not be the weight of the world, but yes, it is quite a relief. If your revelation to your daughter only went half as well, you have it made. Maybe we could chat sometime and compare notes!

Jenny Beth- Thank-you for your kind words. I'm so happy that you and your daughter were finally able to reconcile. It is a frightening thought, risking the loss of those you hold closest!

Rikki- If the truth be told, it is HER that has taught me a lot:idea:

Olivia- There is just something so special about a father/daughter relationship. Thank-you for your insight.

Sharon
07-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Anytime, Holly. :)

Adrianne
07-25-2005, 05:02 AM
Hello Holly

I am so happy for you Holly, you have a wonderful daughter.

Adrianne.

DonnaT
07-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Really wonderful news Holly.

Although I let my daughter know recently, we still have not talked about it. I only hope it goes half as well as your talk.

Wendy me
07-25-2005, 07:48 AM
holly that was so nice to hear that she was so ok with that but with a set pf parents like you and HTGurl one would not expect any less...........

Marla GG
07-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Holly,

I am so happy for you! Your daughter's reaction speaks volumes about what a wonderful, understanding person she is. You must be very proud of her. I hope either of you will now be able to mention the subject without worrying about making the other one uncomfortable. I also trust from all I've read about your wife, HTGurl, that she will help in any way she can to reassure your daughter that you are still the same father she knows and loves and that mom and dad's marriage is as strong as ever.

To Holly's daughter, if you are reading this: I know you don't know me, but I am a woman married to a crossdresser. I just want to tell you something I've learned about these men in our lives who have a feminine side. Your dad, and my husband, are very special men indeed. I believe that being in touch with their softer side makes them better parents, partners, and people. It's not just about the clothes, but about a love, respect, and admiration for women that goes deeper than what most guys will ever feel. On one level it's a harmless, fun hobby; but on another level it is a precious part of who they are and why we love them....and that would be true even if we didn't know about it.

Bless you for being so understanding and supportive. Your dad is very lucky to have you in his life.

joni-alice
07-25-2005, 09:42 AM
sometimes reading these posts bring out the tears...guess thinking about my daughter and a long row to hoe.

Julie York
07-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Damn. I can't think of anything funny, silly or sarcastic to say.

You've left me speechless. (And Marla said I was SPECIAL!!!)

Congrats Holly..

(Quick wave to Holly Junior! Coowee! :D )

TrueGemini'sWife GG
07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Dear Holly and HTGurl,

As I read this, the tears just streamed drown my face.
I am so very happy that things went as well as they did with your daughter, just as I knew deep down they would. As we talked about a few months ago, the way your children were raised what else could possibly happen except true acceptance?
You both should be very proud of not only your children, but yourselves.
As I have said before, on other issues, I will say for this one too.
You are both such an inspiration and mentors to Gem and I. We just hope to do things as well as the two of you have. With our marriage, our life together and also with raising our children.

We are so very lucky and proud, to have you both as such dear friends.
Love you!
Pattie and Gem

:hugs: & :kissing:

KittyKat GG
07-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, here I am.. Holly's and HTGurl's daughter. The first thing I want to say is that I am so glad that both of my parents have found such a tremendous group of people to share their lives with. And now, I'm sure what you all have been waiting for... MY take on my father's confession. :) First, I'll NEVER ever forget that time my father dressed up as a french maid for Halloween one year when I was very young. In fact, I think his costume is STILL hanging in my old room at their house, as it did all throughout my growing up. I never gave it a second look. It was just there, and that's how my dad was, funny. Quite a few years later, I find out he's been going to get pedicures and manicures, which is cool, 'cause I just think "Oh, yeah, those metrosexuals like taking care of themselves...". And then came Halloween last year. My crazy parents went to Las Vegas for Halloween. (Who DOES that?!?!? Not even I'VE gone to Vegas for Halloween). My Mom, cute as she is, goes as the Queen of Hearts. And who else does my dad go as?? ALICE!! (you know, the native of WONDERLAND?) Not really any huge flags or anything there, I just think "Geez, my parents are so ridiculously cool and funny!" I even tell my FRIEND'S that's what my parents did for Halloween. They rule. Anyways... I decided to surprise my parents yesterday morning and show up at their house unannounced. I mean, I DID call them to make sure they were home. I didn't want to drive all that way for nothing... Well, the door's locked, but thank goodness that they never changed the locks even when both us kids moved out. I unlock the door, go to the back, see my mom at the computer, but wait a minute.... the DOOR'S NOT OPENING ALL THE WAY!!! I peek my cute little head around, and don't see much.... except the straps of a satin purple nightgown on my father's shoulder. I kinda leave the room.... thinking "I thought I used to see that nightgown in my MOM'S dresser drawer as a kid..." Anyways, the rest of the story you've all heard from Holly (Holly, Dad? Really?? :)) But rest assured, I still love my dad... probably more than ever. He rules. And my mother? I only hope that I can aspire to her level of understanding and unconditional love to my husband (if I ever get married, right Dad?) I always knew my parents went a little party-crazy after my brother and I moved out, but this was not something I was expecting. But ya know what?? I'm totally cool with it, and I love my parents very much. :)

Tristen Cox
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Pleased to meet you Kitty, yes you're parents are pretty cool. Dare I say I have spoken with them at least on voice chat and they really are good people. Sensible and fun. And 'Alice' was cute also:D And I'm certain it's a big relief to know you're cool with Holly(dad) just being his/her self.

Thanks for popping in to say hello, stop by anytime ;)

TrueGemini'sWife GG
07-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!

I do hope we get a chance to know each other better. If you have any question or anything, feel free to contact me. My husband and I are very good friends with your "Rockin" Mom and Dad and will be going to Vegas next year to meet them. We CANNOT wait!

And a personal thanks to you for being sooo cool with all of this. Takes a great worry from them. They were really concerned with all of this and how the reaction would be.
They are so lucky to have such a great daughter.

DonnaT
07-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Welcome aboard KittyKat!

I hope my daughter takes to my CDing have as well as you have with Holly's.

Adrianne
07-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I just got to say Kitty is that i am happy for you and your dad, you took so much weight off them when you saw him wearing.
You are a very understanding young lady and it was great the way you took everything in your stride. I wish you all the best.

Adrianne.

Vivian Best
07-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Very powerful thread from a couple of cool human beings. Sensitive father and a more sensitive daughter. Congratulations folks.

Vivian

HTGurl GG
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Wow, what a special daughter we have. I just got off the phone with you and just read your post. I do hope you join us now and then and maybe I;ll go on the forum more often now that you are here. I love you "special one" and thank you so much for your deepest understanding, we are still two "wild and crazy" people and always will be. Welcome and maybe join the GG section too. I know you will be welcome there also. This is a fabulous community and this is totally awesome.. I LOVE YOU KITTYKAT

HTGURL :love:M :hugs: OM

CharleneCD
07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
And I thought nothing could top the love I was seeing in Marla and Angels posts. I will say that you are three of the luckiest people around. To see that much love and true acceptance brings a bit of mist to my eyes. Holly, HTGurl, And KittyKat, you are all deserving of the best that life brings you.

Adrianne
07-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I got to agree with Charlene, A very loving family.

Adrianne,

StephanieCD
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
WOW. WOW. KittyKat - you rule. Just flat out rule. Not just because you can accept such a thing - but because you DID take the time to check out the forum... and you POSTED on it... and even referred to your Father as Holly (as weird as it might have been it shows a LOT).

Amazing. What an amazing thread. Thanks! Made me cry.

Jenny Beth
07-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Wow, I'm just speechless, what a close knit family! How could things get any better than that?

KittyKat GG
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Thank you all for the outstanding welcome. I am so thankful that my parents (and myself, too!) are supported by all of you. I am honored that all of you would care so deeply for my parents and their concerns with my brother and I. One down, one to go! Thank you so SO much for being there... not only for my parents, but for me as well. Thank you.

MonaSmith
07-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow, well done to all three of you.

You all handled this so well, I'm so happy for you all.

Well done Holly, so sensitively handled, as I have come to expect from you.

Welcome Kitty, I hope that you stick around for a while and get to know us all, and let us all get to know you too.

Ahhh, isn't life grand.

Love Mona xx.

Julie York
07-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I'll think of something funny soon!

Have you seen in the archive where Holly told us about the time she.....(Julie York banned.)

No I'm not.(banned again)

I was just saying....(banned)

B.....(banned)

Hi, I am new. My name is....(banned)

womanatheart
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
I honestly cannot respond. I am in tears!
To go from reading the worst of experience (in my mind) of being found - not by a stranger out in public, but by my dear daughter. I hate being "read" but being seen suddenly by ones dear daughter in womens clothes and then rushing to change clothes - is my worst nightmare. Its not how I would choose to tell my daughter - if I would. Dealing with my wife is one hurt - but inflicting pain, doubt, hurt on my daughter is another level. (again my emotions)
And then to read the converstation in car.
And then to read KittyKats post. Tears are down my face! Unbelievable. How wonderful.
Society now has 3 people who have (Mom, Dad and Daughter) graduated to the highest levels of human love - total acceptance. It must be still fresh and fragile but only the love of two parents shown and exhibited year in and year out in front of their children through out their childrens life creates results like this. The highest credit to Dad, Mom and KittyKat.
Society as a whole could learn something from you 3.
It has been an unbelieveable blessing to read this thread today.
Thank you.
Stephanie

StephanieCD
07-25-2005, 06:17 PM
KittyKat, as long as it's ok with your parents please do stick around and visit us sometimes. We're a great group and we actually do give a damn about each other :)

Anyway - I'm so impressed with the lot of you.

Olivia
07-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow! That is so great. Welcome KittyKat. I'm moved beyond words. Olivia

Holly
07-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh, boy! It's a good thing I wasn't dressed today when I got home from work and read the posts on this thread. You all KNOW how hard it is to get mascara cleaned up out of a keyboard:D ! I just sent my daughter a PM telling her how proud I am of her. If there was ever any doubt that unconditional love is alive and well, I hope we have put that to rest. My greatest hope for all that come here for support and encouragement, is that you will find the inspiration to become all that you know that you are.

HTGurl and I have a wonderful daughter, of that there is no doubt. But many of you who have read our account have done as well or better in raising you children and/or nurturing your various other relationships. There is true power in that love you have invested in all these years. I ask only that you open yourselves to the possibility that you are safe with those with whom you have entrusted your hearts. I'm not naive enough to believe that everyone will have the same ending that we have had. But if you think that there is even the slightest chance, are you willing to trade the fear, for love and accpetance?

This is the real battle ground for acceptance of our group within society... one person at a time realizing that we are not freaks and weirdos, but loving, caring human beings with great gifts to offer if we could only get out of these darned closets!

Adrianne
07-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Holly i am so happy for all 3 of you, you have a great wife and daughter.

Adrianne.

Rachel Morley
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi Holly, HTGurl, and Kittykat,

As I write this I am filling up with emotion. You guys are the bomb! Both Marla and I think that this is the best thread we have ever read!

The love, trust and openess of your family is there for all to see. It makes me want to group hug you all. :D

By sharing this wonderful outcome with everyone you have given many people hope and perhaps the courage to come out to their own families. Thank you for that.

eileen1969
07-25-2005, 10:47 PM
my how very touching! and I am going to tell my not so little girl anymore about my female spirit! I have a strong feeling she suspects! a women/girl intuition! she showed me her bracelet that was mine! lol a sweet feminine one and displayed it proudly! she gives me a girl look and I know! pray for me and my little girl who now bigger than her daddy! ty and for sharing a very beautiful story! Eileenxoxo :love: :love: :love: :love:

uknowhoo
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Like the others, I am truly touched by this heartwarming story and thread.

Kitty Kat,

First off, W E L C O M E !!

I wanted to call your attention to one of the less obvious aspects of this forum, the little green box below our names and # of posts. Putting your cursor on this little box lets you know of the member's "reputation." Well, about 99% of us are "on a distinguished road." This is rather nice and reassuring, even tho it is the default/entry level "reputation" assigned to each us upon joining. You will notice however that Holly "has a spectacular aura about." Well, this is no accident. It is the result of other members going out of their way to add to her reputation. Doing so as a result of Holly's streadfast support and compassion. I expect this should not come as too much of a shock to you (esp. compared to...).
We are always comforted and lifted up by her responses to our posts...but I'd say this thread she started pretty much blows anything else away. I think I'll stop here, as I suspect I'm beginning to ramble.

Anyway, sincerest thanks to the three of you for sharing yourselves and your story. We'll look fwd to meeting #4!!

Hugs,

Tammi

SilkenPrincess
07-26-2005, 05:45 PM
I am completely overwhelmed by the level of acceptance and love being displayed in your family, Holly! It sounds like heaven! And KittyKat? You're terrific! One day, there will be one more VERY happy man in this world, no doubt!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Tamara Croft
07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I've been meaning to post to this all day...... Holly... WOW... I know just how you and HTGurl must be feeling right now. It's like a big cloud has been lifted. I'm so glad things went the right way for you, like you said... you're still her daddy :D doesn't matter what you are wearing does it?

I've said to HTGurl... your daughter will be most welcome in the GG Forum should she wish to join us looniez in there ;)

:hugs: and congrats to you.

Melissa A.
07-26-2005, 06:04 PM
That is just so touching, Holly. I'm so glad it turned out so well. Not surprised, though. After all, she is YOUR daughter. Of all people, you deserve such an outcome.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

KittyKat GG
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I just knew my dad (and my mom) was an awesome person!! It is just so touching that he and my mom have so many people that love them and support them in everything. I am so glad that our lives have touched each an every one of yours. Thank you for being so welcoming and supportive of our relaitionship. I am truly honored that I feel welcome and comfortable with such a wonderful group of people. I hope that, despite my busy schedule, I can get to know everyone here and be a part of this great communi.... no, this great FAMILY. Thanks so much!!

KittyKat

Tamara Croft
07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Hiya KittyKat

Just a quick welcome to the forum :hugs: you have great parents..... and I'm sure you are proud of them both :D

I hope you join your mum (htgurl) in our gg forum, just follow the link in my signature ;)

eileen1969
07-27-2005, 08:11 PM
for Holly and your daughter as I JUST DID love! I hope things work out sweet for you two! God Bless much love Eileenxoxox

Holly
07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
From the depths of my soul, thank-you for your outpouring of support and love. I must give credit where credit is due and thank God for surrounding me with the families that I have (my wife and children, and all YOU wonderful people). <I'm the Moderator of the Religion Forum... what did you expect? :D > This week will be one that I will never, ever forget. Should the unthinkable happen and I lose everything I own, as long as I have all of you, life will always remain sweet.

racquel
07-28-2005, 05:02 AM
Can't say much cause my tears are making everything blurry.
Hello Kitty-kat
Welcome.You are a special person. :thumbsup:

ChristineRenee
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Holly,

I was enroute to Florida when all this occurred...as you well know...and was so happy to receive this news in our phone chat. You have a very, very special and precious daughter there....but you already knew that didn't you? I know that you are feeling the proud father these days and I am just so happy for all of you sweetie!:)

And Kitty Kat...my wife Penny and I feel very fortunate to be counted among your parent's large number of friends and admirers. They are so very proud of you honey...as well they should be. The love that you have for them is very evident...as is the upbringing that you have received from them. You can be very proud of them too. I was very pleased to hear also that you have joined the GG forum. Kudos to you for that as well and I hope that you will enjoy the time you spend here on this wonderful site!;)

Congrats again to all of you!:hugs:

Love to you all,
Chrissie

- Wow girl...we are gonna such fun in Vegas next year with you, HTgurl, and Pattie & Gem! Penny and I CANNOT wait either honey!!!