PDA

View Full Version : Finally out... to one person

Morford
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
One of my female friends is helping me with an outfit for Halloween. We've been discussing for a month or so what I should be looking for - colors, styles, and the like. Last week I asked her to go purse shopping with me (the last piece I needed), and after that we went back to my apartment, where I showed her what I'd come up with and had her give me some makeup tips.

I must have done or said something to tip her off, because as I was driving her home (after letting her talk me into wearing my outfit to the car), she asked me flat out if this was more than just a Halloween thing. Well, I couldn't lie to such a direct question, so I said yes. She told me she's 100% behind me and will help me out as much as she can with tips and advice. Even though I'm not sure how far I want to go with my CDing - or if it will ever become more than a "hobby" of sorts - it's good to know that there's someone who will stick with me.

(And before the comments start coming: Dating her is very likely out of the question. I enjoy spending time with her and she's fun to hang out with, but it's not likely things will move past platonic friendship, for reasons I'd rather not discuss.)

Ashley_in_Texas
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh...., to have that kind of luck, and that kind of friend. Can I borrow her as a friend? I wish I had a girl friend like that. That's "girl" and "friend", not girlfriend.

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
It's great that you have someone on your side who can help when needed. Best of luck on your costume!

Danielle Hyatt
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
That is so Cool!!!!

Your Friend
Danielle:Debs:

Sandra Dunn
10-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I have several freinds like that. In facted I try and make it a point to be me whenever we get together it hads to the freindship being just us girls for a luncheon, go shopping, or even a trip or two.
It really helps to have a freind like her to help you learn how to be a woman and not just a "man in a dress". There is a lot to being a woman. Taking bellydance lessons helps you learn your body. When you girl watch notice the things they do and how they do it. Subscribe to a fashion magazine like Style. Listen to what the other women are talking about I mean listen to them.
I think it is wonderfull for you to have a freind like yours. Treasure her and respect her as you are doing. Who knows you two might become best of girlfreinds.

HUGS Sandra

Miranda09
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
It's always a great feeling to have at least 1 person who knows your secret, and it's especially nice when it's a gg. I have outed myself to 1 person, a close gg friend of mine who has been very supportive. Her view is simple..."everyone should be allowed to be who they want to be." Have fun and value her friendship. :)

Illusions Of Amy
10-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Heh, the first person I intentionally outed myself to was a GG who I'd emphasize is also just a "friend" (although a really close one) that I have no intention of ever dating. We haven't gone on any of those girly shopping adventures yet, mainly because she has way too many friends and when we get together it's often with several others around, but she'd definitely be open to it in the future and finds the idea of both of us switching genders particularly fun. Which is amusing in her case since there aren't many guys as short as 5'0" out there, even if she did date one of those few for awhile... :D

Teri Jean
10-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Moford, I had a simular situation when I came to work dressed last Halloween. One of the gals said I looked to comfortable in a dress for it to be the first time. Another commented on the makeup and wig as being to perfect for a one time venture. A year later I'm 24-7 everyday at work. Yep, you are right, they can spot a one timer and those who love to do this more often.

Give her the benefit and tell her as she already has made her mind up. You never know she could be your best ggf, whether you date or not.

Teri

StaceyJane
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
One person down, 4,999,999,999 left to go!