PDA

View Full Version : numbers

erica12b
10-26-2009, 07:54 PM
has anyone ever crunched the numbers on how meany crossdressers , do get to have it all, and how many have half a life , how many hide it and so forth , i starting to feel its like winning the lottery , (just not going to happen for me) i have not even had any gg's talk with me in the last month (just trying to network .localy) i am lossing hope , and just dont have the faith any more , you know?

Ashley_in_Texas
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I started off with a "half life", then I decided to tell the wife, I thought it would cause a lot of strife, but now I have a great life.
HMMM.... I'm a poet and didn't know it.
Seriously, KEEP UP THE FAITH! Just like I was told, a thousand times, you will find someone, and they WILL be worth the wait.

trannie T
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
There are no numbers. We have no clear defination of what may constitute crossdressing, we have no idea as to how many people are crossdressers to any degree.
I don't care how many there are, there are many in here to talk with and share thoughts, so I know I am not the only one.

erica12b
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
i know there is no way all the closeted gurls can put there hands out and say im one , but im trying to find hope , like i said im loosing faith that good thing can happed any more i feel like im whating for the other shoe to drop (you know) find a excepting gg. to the point just to find a gg . even if i had to hide , lol just venting sorry

NathalieX66
10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Recently, America Online two weeks ago ran the story about the student in Atlanta who got expelled for crossdressing, and the article floowed up with a poll which you could participate, the results were something, if I can remember like:
Do you agree with the school's policy on the student's expulsion?
Approve....76%
Dissaprove....21%
I Am a crossdresser....3%

What the article didn't mention was whether the "I am a crossdresser" category was answered by females. If you take females out of the equation, does that mean the figure is closer to 5-6%?

Naturally, as an aol subscriber, I did my part, and became part of the 3%.:battingeyelashes:

Sandra Dunn
10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I have worked with these numbers and since the TG closet is so deep I beleive the numbers to be higher. Due to society and the western mythology many girls are so afriad they commit suicide. You have at least accepted yourself and are willing to be you. This is a very big step. Like any other venture it seems the darkest lonliest just before the dawn of a great event or experience.

Some demographics show there are just 5 - 8 % of us totally. When you look at the numbers in a different way and light the numbers jump to 30%. I am not talking about just a man in a dress, I am talking about we as humans and the history of our kind.

Hear is a big item that many will find hard to swallow, I was amazed when I came across it. Do not take my word for it, look for yourselves. I mean look. We can trace our roots to the first earth creature. I know you are thinking I have lost it and I am talking about Aliens or some far out fanticy. Look in the Jewish Tora, perferably an older one or one that has been actually researched for authenticity. I had a Jewish lady point this out to me in her book.

Hang in there Sis. I have had several freinds mention to others that when we accept ourselves fully and we show it our attitude then we find people who will accept us and like us for who we are.

HUGS Sandra

DeeArel
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Sandra covers it completely. Accept and enjoy yourself. Be self sufficient and maintain your standards. Don't settle for less than you want and you will be ready when the right one comes along.

StaceyJane
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
It's the fear of losing my family that keeps me in the closet. I was very lonely before I met my wife and she has made me very happy.

SuzanneBender
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I lived in the closet for almost he first 35 years of my life. It is a stuffy and confining place and definitely not a fun place to be. Also take heart. You will find that most of us have one foot still in that closet or at least our hand on the door handle. My advice to you darling is first accept yourself and then you will find that GG to accept you. Find some supportive sisters and celebrate your feminity. Mrs. Right is waiting out there you just never know when and where you will find her. :love:

erica12b
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
i know who i am, but i still dont go out dressed and do not want to stand out in a crowd, im a very privet person after my divorce , i am having big trust issues . i dont see my world changing much, so ill just go with the flow , learn to cook for one, dress behind closed doors, and try to be the best dad i can for my sons i can, just doing the right thing at the right time , not going to wish any more its not going to happen so ill just deal with it or with out it

Karren H
10-27-2009, 12:06 AM
All I know is there is one.... that is making the best of the situation that was delt her and having a blast..... I loose count after one... lol

Ruth
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Good point from Karren. We only know what we know. A lot of CDers, we believe, don't want to be identified in any way and so don't show up on any form of count.
Karren's one and I'm one, so that's two. Beyond that it's all guesswork.

erica12b
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Karren is a positve. In the world. Lol. I can try but I'm a realist to.

victoriamwilliams1
10-27-2009, 03:44 PM
There are many of us in all aspects of business and life and like it has been stated, many are not out to work or family, however we are out in the public. I am the one out in the public.

erica12b
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
after reading the up beat ,responses i see im letting my self be a downer , ill try and be more up ,

Karren H
10-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Just put Absolute Value brackets around each your formulas and you will be surprised at how positive everything turns!! :)

docrobbysherry
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm ancient, and even I met a few interesting ladies that way. No keepers yet. But, they have to compete with Sherry! Hopefully, u don't have that issue!:heehee:
Oh, PLEASE Brer Fox, do anything u like, but DON'T throw me into the briar patch with Sherry!:devil:

Recently, America Online two weeks ago ran the story about the student in Atlanta who got expelled for crossdressing, and the article floowed up with a poll which you could participate, the results were something, if I can remember like:
Do you agree with the school's policy on the student's expulsion?
Approve....76%
Dissaprove....21%
I Am a crossdresser....3%

What the article didn't mention was whether the "I am a crossdresser" category was answered by females. If you take females out of the equation, does that mean the figure is closer to 5-6%?

Did I miss something, Nathalie? U SUBTRACTED the GGs from 3% and got 5%? Shouldn't that have been 1% or 2%?
The topic here WAS numbers after all!:eek:

SuzanneBender
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Just put Absolute Value brackets around each your formulas and you will be surprised at how positive everything turns!! :)

Tee Hee Karren I love it. I am going to have to start using that one. :heehee: