PDA

View Full Version : Time is running out…

Frédérique
10-27-2009, 07:36 AM
…and we aren’t getting any younger!

Thanks to the recent threads about death and the afterlife, I’ve been thinking…
Is there anything you would like to accomplish, in a crossdressing sense, before you die? Many of us, especially the more extroverted types, have done a lot more than I have, but are there things you’d like to try that you haven’t done yet, maybe just once? Let’s see -- I've done my fair share of crazy things...

Personally, I’d like to meet another crossdresser face-to-face before I cease to “be.” It hasn’t happened yet for me (sad but true), and I guarantee you I’ll be very nervous if an opportunity arises, but this unfulfilled longing pops up in my dreams now and then. I have no illusions about what may transpire, but I wonder how the whole thing would go down – one shy person meeting another shy person for the first time. At the moment I’m not quite ready for such an important encounter, but hopefully someday my gender-unspecific princess/prince will come. I’ll leave a light on…:sigh:

Kristen Marie
10-27-2009, 08:21 AM
It must be hard to met people if you are in a small town, but if you travel, there are girls almost everywhere. Do you get to travel? If you come to Boston there are groups that get together all the time....

I remember my exact feelings you described and how excited/nervous I was before, during, and even after I met another CD for the first time. But then meeting other sisters after that was easier and normal.

Michelle S
10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
You aren't that far from Kansas City.

Check this out: http://www.fallharvest.org/ ! But I am not sure if the info is correct.

There is or was a support group there. You probably don't need to be en femme to go or meet with someone. I've met up with three cross dressers who had never met anyone like themselves (one for lunch, two for coffee - these were not "dates"). I presented female but they didn't dress en femme.

You are pretty close to Kansas State University in Manhattan. Try these links:

http://www.k-state.edu/womenscenter/About%20US/about_us.htm
http://www.k-state.edu/safezone/

I found this at Wichita State University:
http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=tgg

Michaella
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
A couple of years ago I thought the one thing I wanted to do was to go out in public fully dressed en femme and presenting as a woman. So I did, thinking this would be a one-time only thing. Well, I found I rather liked it, and it was a successful effort (either I passed, or if I didn't it didn't matter) and have done it about a dozen times all told since. Quite a surprising development.

So, now what? A few thoughts:

- Going to a party in a really fancy very femme party dress, though not necessarily presenting as a woman. I've sort of done that, but it wasn't much of a party.
- Doing a cross-dressing role on stage. I did rehearse Lady Macbeth once, wearing a red dress and red high-heel boots. Great fun, but only a workshop, no audience.
- Going to work very substantially dressed femme, but again not necessarily presenting as a woman. Actually did a bit of this at a short-term job once, wearing high heels, big earrings, and even a bit of make-up from time to time. Never tried wearing a skirt, but looking back I think it would have been accepted had I tried.

So, none of these can be considered impossible, though not very likely at this point. Some things are quite beyond any realistic expectation though:
- Spending a significant length of time, a month say, living and presenting only as a woman, not a single minute in male mode. Longest I've gone is 3 days, and I cannot see any circumstances in which any longer than that by more than a day or two will be possible.
- Gaining acceptance from my spouse. (Won't happen.)
- Sexual activity with her, with us both dressed very femme. (Won't happen.)

Michaella

Karren H
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
My bucket list is a short one and repetative...

Wake up tommorow....

Yeah!! Simple plans are the most easily achievable.. (Add learn to friggin spell to the list).

:)

docrobbysherry
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Even I was accepted at the SCC! My first time meeting other CDs, AND being out dressed! :o

You'll get LOTS of encouragement, make some new friends in a non threatening environment! AND, feel rite at home DRESSED out!:)

Me, I've ALREADY accomplished more than I ever IMAGINED when I started dressing, about 12 years ago!:D

Barbara Dugan
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I think for me would be wear a wedding dress but not just for a photoshoot:hugs:

RavenAndrea
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
The Kansas City Support Group is a good idea. For me, it is my SRS I am looking forward to before I go. I finally was approved for hormones this year.

suit
10-27-2009, 09:44 PM
yea to feel like your own skin is yours .
to feel like you deserve the hermit crabs schell your recognized by .
( you first have to belive that others can see your soul not as the masklulin thing you see inthe mirror but as you feel free to show ) ooopss there I go thinking againe!

Wen4cd
10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd totally hang with you Freddy, we'd catch the train down to DC and hit the galleries and museums and such. That would be fun.

Frédérique
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Do you get to travel? If you come to Boston there are groups that get together all the time....

Thanks, Kristen – I used to live just south of Boston. In fact, the only time I ever actually saw a crossdresser/transvestite (one of us, I mean, not an entertainer) was in Boston, near Park Square. Unfortunately, I was in a car full of idiotic males at the time – I was lucky to escape…
The fact is, I’m a solitary creature by nature, so it would be highly unlikely for me to seek out a group atmosphere. I mean, I’m an artist, and I don’t even go to receptions for exhibitions I’m participating in! A one-on-one meeting with a crossdresser as shy (or nearly as shy) as I am would be really “nice,” if I may use that over-used term…

I think for me would be wear a wedding dress but not just for a photoshoot

Funny you would mention this – I was going to say that I would dearly love to photograph one of “us” in a studio setting someday, with an eye towards getting reference material for a painting. I’ve done many portraits of females, but a portrait of a MtF crossdresser (other than myself) would be quite special, since it is a subject near and dear to me.

I'd totally hang with you Freddy, we'd catch the train down to DC and hit the galleries and museums and such. That would be fun.

I appreciate that, Wen! The feeling is mutual -- I’ll let you lead the way…:)

cd_jamie
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
My bucket list is a short one and repetative...

Wake up tommorow....

Yeah!! Simple plans are the most easily achievable.. (Add learn to friggin spell to the list).

:)

ditto:D

kellycan27
10-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I am 26.. how much time do I have left? :heehee:

Alice Torn
10-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Since both my parents are going to pass, soon, and my brothers are both in prison, now, and i have new health problems, i think about time getting short, too. I am a shy, solitary creature, too, but, still dream of having a semi-formal date, with a man, to a symphony, opera, or ballet. There have been lots of men, who just want to meet for sex, but, none for a true date, dressed up. Or, i would also like to meet a gg date, dressed.

sherri52
10-28-2009, 07:44 PM
We all have our days. Hopefully your is around the corner.

trannie T
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
There is a sign at the carwash near my house, "Live everyday like it will be your last, eventually you will be right." I do not have any big goals,just to venture out a little farther as I progress.

gemsay32
10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
…and we aren’t getting any younger!

Thanks to the recent threads about death and the afterlife, I’ve been thinking…
Is there anything you would like to accomplish, in a crossdressing sense, before you die? Many of us, especially the more extroverted types, have done a lot more than I have, but are there things you’d like to try that you haven’t done yet, maybe just once? Let’s see -- I've done my fair share of crazy things...

Personally, I’d like to meet another crossdresser face-to-face before I cease to “be.” It hasn’t happened yet for me (sad but true), and I guarantee you I’ll be very nervous if an opportunity arises, but this unfulfilled longing pops up in my dreams now and then. I have no illusions about what may transpire, but I wonder how the whole thing would go down – one shy person meeting another shy person for the first time. At the moment I’m not quite ready for such an important encounter, but hopefully someday my gender-unspecific princess/prince will come. I’ll leave a light on…:sigh:

Only thing I'd like to do b4 I die is to touch and see the smoothest shiniest fabric in the world. Thing is, fabrics will just get better and better. So it's a never-ending quest. That means I can't complete it. So maybe I should just forget it and die peacefully? No way!!! I'm committed to this quest. Fine things are like wine. They're both a quest of discovery.

This is absolutely vain, but so what? You said "in a crossdressing sense". I came to this forum puzzled because a lot of people CD for reasons I don't understand. I CD in a very sloppy, undignified kind of way. So for me this is a very simple quest, it's not elegant or expansive. It's just about the fabric itself for me.