PDA

View Full Version : Its so much easier than you think

tricia_uktv
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
And I will keep ploughing this lonely furrow.

On Friday I went to visit Hadrian's Wall with another t-girl (schoolgirl actually) dressed. To get there I had to walk through Manchester in the rush hour and take two trains there and back. We had a walk around Carlisle and a pub lunch then went up to see the Wall by bus.

We had no problems whatsover although the locals were clearly intrigued by us. In fact we were likely more of an attraction than Hadrian's Wall.

Some funny things happened during the day but you'll have to read about them in the blog later. Nothing bad happened at all and we were treated properly and with respect everywhere we went.

So why don't/can't more girls go out? It would make it so much easier for all of us.

It is real fun out there I promise!

Persephone
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I love your fuchsia jacket, Tricia! Where is this blog of which you speak?

sherri52
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I think the fear of unacceptance in the family is the worst of all. I could never dress in front of my father. He would disown me (fact). He knows but doesn't want to hear about it. Going out is a different matter, where are we going?

Alicia Grey
10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
So why don't/can't more girls go out? It would make it so much easier for all of us.

It is real fun out there I promise!

Fear keeps us from so much fun, someone on this forum wrote,
It takes more courage to go into public in a dress than to charge into battle! ...

tricia_uktv
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Alicia, like in a battle, once you've done it once..... But you won't get killed if your careful. So I don't think that is fair :)

Persephone, the blog is in my sig.

For us to get out as a people, and I really believe we are a people, albeit a minority, I honestly feel we must be braver. We must look to the generations coming up behind us and help and support them. With the internet there are more and more people who can realise their dreams, more and more who can mould the future for others behind them. It's both exciting and its fun.

I can't believe I've just said that but it is in me.

Believe me I am having the time of my life now I'm out and I understand the problems others have in getting there. But girls, if you have half a chance; be brave, be open, be honest and do it to help us all.

Sos, not a rant but a feeling,

Hugs,

vikki2020
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
You are 100% right! After the first step, just keep on truckin'!

skirtsuit
10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Great story, Hadrian's Wall is really amazing.

I walked the whole length from New Castle to Bowness in Sept '04, wearing a 'kilt' that I bought at a Scotch Plaid store in London most of the way. I was yelled at by kids in Carlisle and quickly switched into my shorts. I was in no way en femme except the kilt. Backpack, fleece shirt, hiking socks and boots I guess don't go well with the kilt according to the locals. I also got stared at when I wore my other bottoms, black polypro long underware with kahki shorts.

BTW, kilts really are insanely comfortable for hiking.

Anyway, glad you had a good time, the wall is awesome.

All the Best,
Ann / SS