PDA

View Full Version : Feelings

Stephenie
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
It seems that a lot of gals are feeling down lately. Some of the more active ladies here are either posting that they are Lonely, sad or just plain feeling blue. We have had several say that they don't feel welcome or that have left.

So what is up? Is there something I'm missing? I for one thank god for all of you, for with out you I would be alone. Since I was about 7 yrs old I have not been able to share this part of me with any one, now I have all you wonderful gals to talk and share with. I feel bad that I cann't help you. I hope that what ever is going on passes quickly.

I haven't sent many PMs or E-mails but I still care about you all. If I can help let me know.

:wave:

Vivian Best
07-25-2005, 02:38 PM
It seems that a lot of gals are feeling down lately. Some of the more active ladies here are either posting that they are Lonely, sad or just plain feeling blue. We have had several say that they don't feel welcome or that have left.

So what is up? Is there something I'm missing? I for one thank god for all of you, for with out you I would be alone. Since I was about 7 yrs old I have not been able to share this part of me with any one, now I have all you wonderful gals to talk and share with. I feel bad that I cann't help you. I hope that what ever is going on passes quickly.

I haven't sent many PMs or E-mails but I still care about you all. If I can help let me know.

:wave:

Hi Stephenie,

It does seem that there is a lot of issues going on with a lot of people. My heart goes out to them. Like you, I will try to help them. I'm so lucky that I just seem to go along without many problems in life. Sure, there are daily things that I have to deal with but for the most part thankfully I do not have any big problems like some of our friends on our forum.

Vivian

mand
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Hello Stephanie :) For me being on an emotional rollercoaster just seems to go with the terrirtory of being TG, up one miniute down the next, just can't find the balance.
This afternoon I was as cranky as hell, well I was susposed to go out to the Bank but I chicken'd out in the end. However I have just forced myself to go to the supermarket for some groceries. So glad I did, it was very busy and as far as I noticed no one even noticed me. Now my mood is very good.
Predicting my moods/feelings/emotions is an immpossible job.

Loneliness is something I have become used to, I don't mean lonely in the physical sense, the house can be full of family and maybe friends here as well and yet I still feel lonely inside, that know one knows the real me.
You see people only see the physical me, the guy in womens clothes they can't see the woman inside. So I can suffer loneliness a hell of alot.

love mand xxx

Tristen Cox
07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I just have PMS, that explains all :D

Stephanie Mancini
07-25-2005, 02:52 PM

Nothing a glass of brandy and an HRT tablet wouldn't fix hun!

Steph

mand
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM

I know one cure Tristen .........but it ain't quite ready yet ;)

love mand xxx :)

Tristen Cox
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
I know one cure Tristen .........but it ain't quite ready yet ;)

love mand xxx :)
Uhm yes I know love. Keep them healthy :)

CharleneCD
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I know what you are talking about. I just went through a week or so period where I was a bit off. Didnt feel like dressing or posting on the forum. I think it has something to do with the heat. We had a 10 degree drop in temp yesterday and bam, I wanted to dress (and did) and I posted up a storm.

Wendy me
07-25-2005, 04:01 PM
well i just sh_t how would describe this i am not depressed life and all them funny things that go along with it....i think a good venting out on the ocean with a large bottle of jd are long over due....through in some real rough water and things will be just fine for a while ....next sunday for shure......

Natalie x
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I guess there is something about our "condition" that keeps us teetering on the brink between sadness and joy, lonliness and fullfillment.

There are certainly a few beautiful girls beating themselves up at the moment, and it breaks my heart to see it. The world out there sometimes seems a very hostile place to anyone who dares to be "different".

There are rednecks and bigots who are so weak that they can only gain courage from running with the loudest crowd. There are lazy, selfish parasites who think we exist only to support them and their grubby lives. And there are people who are so insecure that they feel threatened by anything that does not fit into their neat little boxes.

We have a precious gift, and we share it with our friends. The rest of the world can go to hell! This community of ours is totally unique. I have never seen any group anywhere that brings together so many different souls in support and unity. What do we have in common? Only that we like to wear women's clothes. Yet, within that simple heading are TVs, TSs, Drag Queens, Gay and Straight, Fetishists, Democrats and Republicans. And yet, we are more united, more loving and more supportive than any other group, be it religious, political or social.

Girls, we are what we are, we have to live in the world, and the process of change is too slow to be measured. All we can do is stick together with love and support for each other.

(gets off soapbox and walks off into the lake)

Julie York
07-25-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm all right. (This week.)

:D

robin/rjs
07-25-2005, 04:36 PM
:) Speaking for my self , It seems if you dont have alot of poast on this site we are classed as nubiee or just inorged, I have learned alot here and are very thankfull for it. But it is soo hard to get involved when we get jumped by others, as so called nubiee ,we have to learn also. So i feel some have gone to other palces for their support. :love:

Katiegirl
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Like most people here it would seem, I can get very down.

I live alone and can dress more or less when I like, but apart from here and a small number of people in a TG club I belong too, I couldn't discuss crossdressing to anyone.

I was outed by my ex many years ago, and it was not a pleasant experience and lost most of my so called friends, and that is why I don't discuss crossdressing outside the community. Having to bottle it up is very hard and it gets to me at times.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a man, Life is a Bitch

Marianne
07-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Natalie said it well. I'll just add a few personal thoughts of my own.

(I'm also going to use the royal 'we', which should be taken to only mean my own thoughts, feelings etc, unless they happen to express someone elses, in which case, go for it.)

We each reach for the stars in our own way, ever hoping that the next day, the next email or even the next post is going to bring us true enlightenment, true happiness (and twue wuv! Bonus points to anyone who gets that particular reference!) and satisfaction to our most innermost and deepest desires.

Each day we wake up and face yet another day of life's challenges, for some of us a good day is any day where we simply survive. We face each day, beset with societal and peer pressure, we live in fear of 'discovery'. We come here and see our sisters facing the same struggles and no matter how much we want to, we cannot 'fix things' for them. A kind word here, a compliment there, a bit of advice. It isn't much, but it's something *very* important. We're not alone.

Sadness and despondency seems to come and go in waves, and it can be very addictive. We see those prolific posters (you know who you are) gradually succumb to their own pressures (or just appear when they're having a bad day).

Now, to paraphrase, take my cat. All winter he's sitting at the balcony door complaining that he wants to go out. When I open the door he takes a few steps onto freezing concrete, attempts to walk on NO paws, and comes back in a few seconds later to complain some more. Last few weeks he's been doing the same thing, complaining. I open the door and toss him out into 90+ degree weather and either the sheer shock of the heat or the noise of the A/C unit has him immediately turning right back around again. 20 minutes later he's back at the door complaining again.

You see, there *are* days when things are just peachy outside for him. There *are* days when he can wander around on the balcony, he can sit there and make "come sit with me!" noises at the birds, he can climb onto the one lawn chair I have and fall asleep in the fresh air. He can chase (and eat!) flies, moths and butterfiles on those days.

But not today. Today is 95%. Today for him is sit and complain, followed by getting gently chucked outside, followed immediately by a quick turn around and scamper back inside. Even as I'm typing this he's complaining, he's pawing at my arm and trying to get me to open the door to 'nice weather' for him.

On those days where it *is* good outside, the door is opened as soon as I get home from work and not closed until darkness falls and the mosquitos appear.

On good days he's far too busy enjoying life to complain to me.

Me, I'm far too busy at work to sit here and complain. Well, up until now...

I could use a hug too. We all could. Unfortunately there's that thing called geography that gets in the way.

Will tomorrow be better for me? I have no idea. Perhaps one of these days there will be a knock on the apartment door and the girl/guy of my dreams will be there holding an empty cup and asking to borrow some sugar.

Or perhaps not. If I'm fully dressed and made up I might not even answer the door in the first place (not unless I'm holding something long and sharp in my other hand...).

For many of us, the internet is our best chance to meet someone who won't pre-judge (or at least not as much), but even the internet is no guarantee that those we meet are the ones we dream about. After all, we're all somewhat wierd here to start with. When we've spent so long hiding this side of ourselves it's all too easy to simply assume that the first person who emails and offers to meet is going to be 'the one'. After a few times of that the realization hits that all the internet does is filter out *most* of the really wierd ones.

Hence, many folks come to sites like this with various levels of hope in their hearts, only to find that this is simply another step along the path we call life. Some of us expect far too much, and many simply don't realise that you get out only what you put in. Those that do put in more than their fair share (you know who you are) can easily end up getting 'burned out' at putting all that in and getting little in return.

Me, I put in what I can, when I can, because I do realsie that in the long run, all that matters is that something I might say makes a difference to someone.

I got a touch of that today, with a long and totally unexpected email from someone who had read my old website (one I haven't updated in years). They basically said 'Thankyou, it's good to know I'm not alone!' (in about four pages...).

and finally, all rambling aside... A comment to Tristen.

You know why they call it PMS?
Because 'Mad Cow Disease' was already taken... :D

Clare
07-26-2005, 06:21 AM
I'm one of those who are suffering the blues at the moment.

However, it's not Christine or her desire to XDR that is causing me to be 'down and out', its his real life dramas which are causing distress and affecting Christine.

What i suspect is happening, is that everyone here only relates to the virtual world and the personas they interact with, but each of us has a 'real life' that can really affect the person and it shows here sometimes as negative feelings.

Christine

crispy
07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
for most of us it's summer, innit. ..........and we can't go to the pool or the beach wearing our favourite one-piece or bikini. .........and those of us who shave all over feel the need to keep our legs covered up for fear of being sussed.

winter is much more CD-friendly, at least for underdressers and shavers.