PDA

View Full Version : Small step for others, Big step for me

Marsha K
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Yesterday I went to pick up a prescription for my wife. It was supposed to be ready when I got there but it wasn’t. The girl said it will be about 10 minutes. So I wandered around. In the sale rack there were a few make-up sets for $6.24. The sets contained; 2 eye shadow, 2 eye liner pencils, foundation, lip gloss, mascara, (all in full size) and 3 applicators. I went down the cosmetics aisle and checked out the prices of these different items. The prices of 2 cosmetics were more than that whole set. Now all the colors might not be what I would chose, but I figured I could get practice applying make-up and advance to other colors later. I got and paid for the prescription, then picked up the make-up kit. I went to the check out line and the cute college age girl in front of me put down a divider after her stuff. I put mine on the belt. She saw it, turned and smiled at me. Neither she, nor the check out guy commented at all about it. Wow, my first make-up. It also has a picture and detailed instructions on how to apply it.

Later, after supper, when I was home with my wife, she wanted to show me something. The neighbor lady dropped off some Avon booklets. She asked if it was alright to get a certain type of lipstick. She said she wasn’t sure if she would like it but she would like to try it. “And for only $.99 if I don’t like it…” I said, “I co…um…Sure you may get it.” Oops! Boy that was close. I almost said that I could use it. What an evening. I guess I’m getting into this deeper. :eek::) This is exciting to me.

Miranda09
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Small steps Marsha...small steps. Before you know it, you'll reach your nirvana!! :)

deja true
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
When we look back at all those little firsts with amazement and pleasure, we still gotta realize what huge steps they were at the time. :heehee:

Congratulations, Marsha, keep expanding that envelope. There's nothing but fun and pleasure there. :)

(And consider a way to share your new found self with your wife, too. )

;)

Teri Jean
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
It is truely fun Marsha and it becomes addicting.

Teri