PDA

View Full Version : Walking

Emme
10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Have you ever set up a video camera and taped yourself walking. UGG I did and I started readig and trying to practice. My wife saw me coming across the yard and commented that I almost have it down.

Last night I did something quite out of the ordinary for me. I started on a journey...couch to 5K....never been into running, but the cardiologist said lose the weight and get exercise. My daughter showed me a poscast that walks you thru 12 weeks of learning to run. I want to fit in an 18 dress! I got running shoes just like hers!

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html

BUT THAT IS NOT WHY I AM TELLING YOU THIS. THE TRUTH IS: THE TREAD MILL IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO PRACTICE YOUR FEMALE WALK!

I HAD A BRIGHT LIGHT BEHIND ME AND I STARTED WATCHING MY SHADOW.

TRY THIS TECHNIQUE AND REPORT BACK HERE TO SAY WHAT YOU THINK.

Thank you!

BTW I did finish the 34 minutes....surprised me too!

SuzanneBender
10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on the move towards fitness. I couldn't picture my life without running and I hope you grow to feel the same way about it. Cool idea picking the same shoes as your daughter.

I also love your idea about watching yourself on the treadmill. We have a mirror in front of ours, but the shadow idea is great! Any time you can provide yourself feedback on your femme traits it is great.

TJ Tresa
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Congradulations on your comitment to fitness. I wish you the best and I want to see your picture in the size 18

Terrihoney
10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I wish I knew what I looked like from behind! I'd have to get a full length mirror over to my neighbors treadmill. Me dressed, no one home for a while. MMM... Timing is everything.
The treadmill won't fit in my closet. Dang!

Terri

docrobbysherry
10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I have to turn the sound off on it! :brolleyes:

Seems I make involuntary MOOING sounds when I walk in hi- heels!:eek: