PDA

View Full Version : Femme Identification

SuzanneBender
10-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I am out and about en femme a lot more lately. I had a girl friend who is a police officer suggest getting a state issued identification card (not a driver's license) with all of my male information on it but with my picture en femme. She said that it would help enormously when needing identification while dressed. Especially when it comes to using credit cards or dealing with law enforcement.

I was wondering if any of you have done this. If you have done it is it really that helpful and was it a huge hastle getting the ID? :battingeyelashes:

izzfan
10-28-2009, 10:03 PM
This is a brilliant idea, but it could be hard to explain if you have to use your ID card when you aren't en femme. Although if your driving licence has a photo of you in "bob mode" then you could probably show that instead.

TJ Tresa
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
This has been discussed in another thread not long ago. Sorry don't remember which one. But it seems to me that it would be of benifit to havea female ID without changing you DL, (now that I think about it I believe it was someone who had changed thier DL and had to wait for a year to change it back.)

joann426
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
i think it wood be great idea to have one

AllieSF
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
There have been several threads on this topic in the past. I think that for some it is a good idea. The one thing to take into consideration is that once you get your femme photo in the DMV system, some states then use that most recent pic when sending out a new drivers license to you. Then if that is not what you want, you have to take the extra step to go back and redo your pic and get a new drivers license, and I am not sure if there is an extra cost for this. Since I go out all the time, I just use my male ID (drivers license) when asked. This includes two stops by the police in California and the Detroit area while dressed for a night out. I have never had any problems and have always been treated with respect, so far.

MissyW
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Seems like a good idea

Terrihoney
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Suzanne,
Every state may be different. I'm in Illinios and the state ID carries the same status as a drivers license. So, I'd have to bring all the identification needed as Terri, i.e. bill recipts, birth certificate,... And for me to go through the DMV en femme, geesh!
There are some local places near me now offering a photo ID for us gals. Not a legal document, but a step closer. A good start may be your own credit card, and establish from there, other pieces of ID.
Good idea anyway.
Hugs, Terri

Kathrynn
10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I have one. A state issued I.D. from Oklahoma. I had to jump through a couple of hoops but it really wasn't bad. First i had to go to the main d.o.t. to get the application done and take the pic. Then they sent me to a driver licence place and take another pic and pay the 10.00 and viola a state issued identification card. Although the pic is en-fem, It has my boy name.
Kathrynn:2c:

Laura Evans
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I have an ID card with my male and female pictures and drivers license information just for those occasions that might require it. It was made through a Tri-Ess chapter and you do not have to be a member to get one. Email: tasidevil@yahoo.com. They ask for $15., and an SASE for the return, and two pictures (head and shoulders. I used the ID once when I made a purchase using a check and gave the SA my drivers lic (male pic) for ID and she told me that I gave her the wrong ID because it definantly was not me:), I said thank you and showed her the above ID. She was so apologetic after. I smiled and told her she unknowingly gave me a compliment.

joann07
10-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Some states allow you to have both an ID and a driver ID.
Basically, all the information is the same as your driver ID, but only the picture is different if you want to get your picture in femme.

Here in Florida, it was possible to have both, but in November the law will change. After November 1st, a Florida resident can only have one or the other, not both. :sad:
I got my Florida ID back in 2008 and it's good until 2012, but after that I cannot renew it since I just renewed my driver ID.

Someone mentioned earlier that once you get your femme photo in the DMV system, some states then use that most recent pic. Well, as I was at my local driver's license office renewing my driver ID an interesting thing happened. Everything went fine as far as the renewal process and picture taking, but after the clerk asked me to wait that's when something seemed strange. Here's how it played out.

As I was sitting there, I noticed that other people were getting their new IDs within a matter of minutes, while I just kept waiting. Even the guy right after me, served by the same clerk, got his in a few minutes. I had a feeling something wasn't right because right after she was done with him I could see her walk over to the back office holding some ID in her hand.

Somehow, I had a feeling it had to do with me so then I started thinking that it had to do with my Florida ID. Well, I went up to check on what was causing the hold up, when the clerk returned and called me back. She said that when she initially pulled up my information, the picture on her screen didn't match the picture on my old driver ID. She wasn't sure who the person was in the photo and so she had to get a second pair of eyes to compare them. That's when I showed her my Florida ID, which had my female picture, and mentioned that I was a crossdresser.

She was very professional and explained that their system keeps the last updated photo. And since I got my Florida ID last year, my femme photo was the most current that showed up. She chuckled in amazement and said that my photo looks so convincing that she thought the girl in the picture might have been a sister or some relative. She even complemented me on my eyes saying that they look really nice. I mentioned that I use a newer makeup combination and that I look much more natural looking than that old photo. She said that I do my make up very well and that I look really great.

I thanked her for her kind and thoughtful compliments and once we got that all cleared up, she continued processing the rest of my information and then I finally paid my renewal fee. After a few minutes, she handed me my new driver ID and I was on my way. =)

I know my Florida ID's days are numbered, but even if it expires I have no issues with using my driver ID. I've used it before when flying in femme and had no problems, but it's nice to have my femme ID as a convenience.
Oh well, hopefully the law will reverse before my ID expires.

Hugs!

Sally24
10-29-2009, 05:23 AM
I have had both for several years. I hand them both to any police officer at a stop and I think it explains things quickly to them to avoid confusion.

Kristen Kelly
10-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Here is a link to a resent post on this same subject. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1908540&postcount=1
I am due to have my drivers license renewed next month, after all the changes in me in the last 4 years, I will be glad to have a pic that looks like me. It will still say "M" and have the same info but at least out dressed I will look like my picture.

sherri
10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I had a girl friend who is a police officer suggest getting a state issued identification card (not a driver's license) with all of my male information on it but with my picture en femme. She said that it would help enormously when needing identification while dressed.
I think it would be cool to have an "official" femme ID (a friend of mine has one), but I don't know how necessary it is. I've had to present my driver's license to police officers a couple of times (nothing serious) while dressed and there wasn't any problem. The lawmen just took it in stride without comment. So I'm puzzled by your friend's comment. I can see how it would be useful when shopping though. I just can't imagine sashaying into my local DMV all dolled up, not in this little town. :D

PetiteTonya
10-29-2009, 09:58 AM
but I read recently a thread from someone who had encountered unexpected problems using her female DL so for now, I'm still in hold mode.

The idea does however, very much appeal to me.

Granny Gray
10-29-2009, 03:13 PM
In TX we can have both. I have only a TDL. Why? Simple. If I have to show legal govt. issued "proof" who I say I am. The TDL or my Passport is accepted. If I'm dressed and the other person says anything I just say "there's been some changes since that old picture was made." To date while dressing virtually 100% of the time, there's never been a problem. The conclusion I've drawn is: 99% of a CD's fears are all in her head. They mean nothing in reality. Granny

suchacutie
10-29-2009, 04:21 PM
In my travels I've come across a number of professionals who don't use their married name professionally. Thus, everything they do in their professional activities has a different name associated with them, including names on credit cards and such.

Secondly I'm aware of the designation "doing business as", such as DBA Frank Smith, meaning that this person is known as Frank Smith and is associated with, say, Frank Smith Enterprises. The designation DBA is then used on credit cards and identification documents.

So, I have wondered why we can't do that. If we start an on-line business in our femme names isn't there a way to make that our professional names and then use that tactic to the hilt? I very much wonder what the legal issues are in having a professional name and just how much it can be used for identification documents and the legal legitimization of our femme selves.

Anyone know for sure? (any lawyers in the house?)

tina

SweetCaroline
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Massachusetts doesn't allow you to have both a drivers licence and a regular ID, for some reason, so no luck for us in the Bay State. I've been stopped en femme in both MA and New Hampshire and not had any problem, but then again, I don't look very much different in male mode as I do en femme.

SuzanneBender
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I have one. A state issued I.D. from Oklahoma. I had to jump through a couple of hoops but it really wasn't bad. First i had to go to the main d.o.t. to get the application done and take the pic. Then they sent me to a driver licence place and take another pic and pay the 10.00 and viola a state issued identification card. Although the pic is en-fem, It has my boy name.
Kathrynn:2c:

Thanks hun. I am going to give it a whirl in the next couple of weeks in Kansas. I will let everyone know how it turns out. :hugs:

jenna_woods
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
yes its a good idea I have one got it on line, has my pic. one fmeale and one male,

SuzanneBender
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it would be cool to have an "official" femme ID (a friend of mine has one), but I don't know how necessary it is. I've had to present my driver's license to police officers a couple of times (nothing serious) while dressed and there wasn't any problem. The lawmen just took it in stride without comment. So I'm puzzled by your friend's comment. I can see how it would be useful when shopping though. I just can't imagine sashaying into my local DMV all dolled up, not in this little town. :D

Several girls have posted that they really haven't had a need for one. As I look at it I guess I never have either. There has been a couple of times when I have been ID'd using my credit card or going into a straight club that I have had to explain, but nothing significant. I guess the biggest thing for me is I just want an official piece of paper that reflects who I really am. Ohhh and I hate my male pic on my drivers license. :doh:

donnatracey
10-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Several girls have posted that they really haven't had a need for one. As I look at it I guess I never have either. There has been a couple of times when I have been ID'd using my credit card or going into a straight club that I have had to explain, but nothing significant. I guess the biggest thing for me is I just want an official piece of paper that reflects who I really am. Ohhh and I hate my male pic on my drivers license. :doh:

Who doesn't?.....:D

sherri
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I just want an official piece of paper that reflects who I really am. I agree, I'd luv to have a femme ID in my purse, but I'm thinking I want one that has Sherri's photo and name etc. Of course it wouldn't be official, so it would probably be nearly worthless as an acceptable form of identification if a merchant or somebody really pressed the issue. However, I've been thinking of getting a second of one of my credit cards in Sherri's name (which is perfectly legal and compliant with issuer policy), and in that case the ID card might actually be of use. I dunno.

I used to have a site bookmarked where you can get a TG ID for about US$15, but now I can't find it. Anybody?

AmiFL
10-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I do not think any state will allow an ID of a male dressed as a female. Big government is not that understanding................

Daphne Renee
10-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I do not think any state will allow an ID of a male dressed as a female. Big government is not that understanding................

Others on here do have one so it must be legal at least in some states. I think if your state allows you to have the 2nd ID it would be legal. This is so long as your information is correct. Your real name, age , etc..

Starr
10-30-2009, 07:59 AM
From what I have read in Tennessee you can only have one or the other as in DL or State ID. So it would not be leagal to have one of each here. If you are thinking of getting you DL with a fem photo, first think about all the places you might have to use this ID in boy mode. There are many places were a photo ID is required in everyday life so be sure you are not going to be embaressed in having to show the photo in order to board a plane, shipping packages internationally, or when cashing a check.

AmberLynn
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I have thought the same even though i have yet to go out enfemm. but i did locate this on the net after a yahoo new's bite about cd's and a gay bar in chicgo requireing them to have a fem id to enter

http://www.fullidentity.com/Default.aspx?Page=CardSetup&CatID=14

These are not state issued id's but are very convincing id's non the less for certin thing's.

im full heartedly thinking of getting one cause in this town,the police do know who you are and who drive's your vehical and a woman driving my truck would be a massive red flag,the id might simplify a stop and hence stop another one.

what do you think?

Angelofsomekind
11-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm in Illinois as well, I usually go to the club that they say is requiring us to have the ID's. So far they haven't given me any problems at all. I have heard about this place requiring the ID's from several different sources, and I guess it was in the newspaper a while ago to. But again, they let me in with no problems at all.

I can see why it would be needed for shopping and things like that. But as far as getting pulled over I don't think it would be too big an issue. If they want to give you a hard time I don't think it matters if you have the right ID or not. But in the end you can prove it is you in the picture nomatter how you are dresed.