PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shoudn't I?

Sophie Lynne
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I an co-hosting a party Friday which will be mostly co-workers (book store.)

I have told them I'm doing drag like I did last year.

That said, last Halloween was Sophie's "birthday" when it all re-awakened inside me.

So, do I celebrate my "birthday" by dressing a s best I can, etc? Thus showing my co-workers that I've um gotten better at it? Or do I dress down in an obvious guy-in-drag outfit to play it off?

Caveat: the following night I'm going to a huge party, and will be enfemme there as well.

:drink:

sissystephanie
10-28-2009, 11:13 PM
As good looking as you are, why not go for the "Gusto?" They probably know, or at least suspect, that you are a CD. So why not show how good looking you can be? Even if they don't know they will be impressed by your "costume!" Of course, they then will have no idea that it is a sample of what you would wear all the time if you could, right?:heehee:

Adelaide
10-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I guess it depends if you are ready to show your co-workers who you really are... I would personally dress the best I can.
A.

marny
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Sounds like you're ready. Tell them where you live!

Miranda09
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey...look your best Sophie. It's Halloween and anything goes. :)

trannie T
10-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Go for it! Look your best! And have fun.

weekend woman
10-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Since it is also Sophie's birthday a party dress is in order.

Rogina B
10-29-2009, 04:29 AM
You can't be half pregnant....you have already shown them the girl clothes! Enjoy!:)

Stephenie S
10-29-2009, 04:43 AM
This yearly question always cracks me up. It's just another example of your own guilt ans shame over your CDing.

Really now, if you went to your party dressed as a pirate would you be worried that someone might think you were really a pirate if you did too good a job with the costume?

If you went as a bank robber would you think someone might actually think you were really a bank robber because you did such a good job with your costume?

If you went as Bernie Madof, do you think people would acuse you of being the REAL Bernie if you did too good a job with your costume?

No, no, and no. Of course not.

So relax, fer goodness sake. Do the best job you can with whatever costume you want. Hallowe'en is not a "let's see if we can guess who is really like their costume" kinda party. It's a go have a good time kinda party. So . . . . go have a good time. Wear what ever you want.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Kristen Kelly
10-29-2009, 06:07 AM
This yearly question always cracks me up. It's just another example of your own guilt ans shame over your CDing.

Really now, if you went to your party dressed as a pirate would you be worried that someone might think you were really a pirate if you did too good a job with the costume?

If you went as a bank robber would you think someone might actually think you were really a bank robber because you did such a good job with your costume?

If you went as Bernie Madof, do you think people would acuse you of being the REAL Bernie if you did too good a job with your costume?

No, no, and no. Of course not.

So relax, fer goodness sake. Do the best job you can with whatever costume you want. Hallowe'en is not a "let's see if we can guess who is really like their costume" kinda party. It's a go have a good time kinda party. So . . . . go have a good time. Wear what ever you want.

Lovies,
Stephenie

:iagree:
Stephenie I'm with you, look your best no matter what. For me halloween brings about a different problem, I'm out alot through out the year so for me I have to find a "girl" costume I am happy with.

TonyaV
10-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Go look your best! And don't forget to have fun!

noeleena
10-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi .
.I would go dressed the best you can & hey would you ask one who you know well to come & help you get dressed up . that then would work in your favour . share a little more of your self does help you know . even if its a fun night . love it go for it girl . oh have a neat night ,,,,,,
...noeleena.

AmiFL
10-29-2009, 07:48 AM
I just looked at your albums. If I looked as good as you I would go all out in my costume. Not only as a girl, but in a girls costume. Something to show off your great legs though.

I had been hinting for the past month that I dress as a woman this Halloween, but my wife wants no part of it...... Oh well, i can dream I look as good as you do.

However you dress, have fun, kick up your heels and post pictures

Jilmac
10-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Dress your best, hold your head high and be proud of your womanhood:thumbsup:

jane_williams
10-29-2009, 08:09 AM
regarding the replies above:
it's so easy to tell others to do risky things, isn't it. :)

Veronica75
10-29-2009, 09:13 AM
To take a different perspective, if you were going as a knight, would you wear sneakers to show yourself as an "obvious modern guy-in-armor outfit and play it off"? If you were going as a civil war soldier, would you purposely "dumb down" your uniform and gear so people wouldn't think you were some sort of freaky civil war reenactor (a population almost as demonized as crossdressers :straightface:)?

If you're going as a "guy-in-drag" then I suppose you might want to purposely muddle the illusion to communicate that. But if you're going in PROPER drag-- dressing like a girl, not dressing as a guy dressing like a girl-- I think you know what you need to do. If anyone gives you attitude or even a funny look, just smile and say, "Hey, when I do something I don't do it hass-affed."

CherylFlint
10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Being yourself isn't much of a costume, is it? So you say that you are a crossdresser, well then, I guess that's who, and what, you are. Not much of a costume dressing as you, is it? Hey, dress for fun, it's holloween for gods sake. And you gals who use holloween as a "coming out night", get fricking real. If you're twelve, I can see it, but as an adult act like an adult. When I dress and become Cheryl, I sure ain't wearing no fricking "costume". So when I went out during the month of April, or June, what, was I wearing my "holloween costume"? Get real. Grow up a little bit here, it's a holiday to have fun, not to make a fricking statement.

LisaM
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Sophie,

I think you should find a women's costume or create your own around one of your outfits.

I went to a party last week as a witch in my favorite black dress. I just accessorized with a witch's hat, a cape, and some witchy jewelry. I did my makeup to look my best and I had a wonderful evening.

Forget the guy-in-drag idea.

dawnmarrie1961
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Sophie,
Seems like you may have answered your own question. Since you co-workers are aware of it that will minimize the shock factor. And its Halloween!!! Tis the season to dress any way you want and get away with it!!!!

Have some fun!

Be safe. Be smart.
Dawn Marrie

Stacye Rose
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
My first thought was that you should do whatever makes you feel the best. Then i looked at your albums. I think you should pull out all the stops, throw caution to the wind, and go looking the best you can do.

trannie T
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
There still may be time to get that cowboy outfit.

Sophie Lynne
11-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I followed your advice and went for it! And I won Best Costume! :)

My eyesbrows look a bit odd now in guy mode, but oh well. They'll grow back.

Tora
11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Sophie, Well done, you look good. What did your co-workers say?

tricia_uktv
11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Sophie, why would you ever not want to do the best you can?

Sophie Lynne
11-03-2009, 01:54 AM
My co-workers were stunned to say the least. many didn't recognize me. :)

Tricia- my thoughts on "dumbing it down" were so they wouldn't connect with the idea that I do this a lot.

Catina
11-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Hi Sofie,
It seems to me that if you're asking this question then you have some suspicions that the more credible you look and behave, the more "uneasy" some others will be. Since we all know that we don't want to push or force our passion on others, I would say that you would best follow your intuition on this matter.

Sally2005
11-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Work is a complex situation. You must consider how doing anything will impact your situation at work. As for dressing up, I find it a lot of fun to dress well enough to keep people I don't know guessing. It is a good strategy for winning a contest because you get a lot of attention when people start talking to each other about you.