PDA

View Full Version : Girls helping girls.

Teri Jean
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Today I had to get a refill for my prescription and while there I would also need to pick up some buff pads for exfoliating the face. Well I walked into Walgreens and headed for the cosmetics and the SA, a twenty something gg, asked if I needed help. I told her what I was looking for and after a few tries I spotted them and she then asked what they are for. Now since I dress 24-7and in a pair of slacks and nice top it is no question that I'm a trans-female. So I take the time to explain why it is good to exfoliate a couple times a week or at least once and she stands there with a second box reading the directions and listening to my answer.

It is nice when they help us with our dressing or make up but it is truely great to help them also. When I left the store she made sure to say goodby with a warm smile. Girls helping girls. :):hugs::love:

Teri

paulaN
10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Way cool for sure..

Kinky with Ink
10-29-2009, 05:35 PM
A loufa doesn't exfoliate enough for you? I wub my loufa

Lorileah
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
20 somethings don't need to exfoliate...damn them :Angry3:

Persephone
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
It is nice when they help us with our dressing or make up but it is truely great to help them also. When I left the store she made sure to say goodby with a warm smile. Girls helping girls. :):hugs::love:
Teri

Totally, Teri! It always amazes me how frequently women seem to automatically help other women and it is really great when we can be the ones doing the helping. Love it!

I've also found, although without a really scientific study, that women seem to get away with stuff, especially when working with other women.

For example, I make withdrawals from my bank accounts and also frequently make deposits to an account that is in someone else's name. When I'm en drab they ask for ID, etc. But when I'm en femme, particularly when the teller is a woman, I never get asked for any ID. (Hope I haven't jinxed myself by telling about it! :)).

A loufa doesn't exfoliate enough for you? I wub my loufa

Love them loufas! Grew a bunch of them in my garden a few years ago.

Fab Karen
10-30-2009, 05:07 AM
20 somethings don't need to exfoliate...damn them :Angry3:
Everytime you catch yourself thinking that, just picture them in their 40's. Everyone is getting older.

Teri Jean
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Working in a University environment all I see is twenty somethings, wooooo hoooo, well there are a few faculty and staff that are older but who's looking. I think the sweetest thing is when I was leaving she made a point to say goodby. I know, customer service, but I have had other SA who when they are done with you say nothing. She made my day in a small way but then they all count.

Happy Halloween, huggs Teri