PDA

View Full Version : nervous

cd_sarah
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
hi everyone just on here for some advice im meeting a guy off the net for the first time soon (ive never been with a guy before) and im a bit nervous also don't have a clue what to wear, what do u think of leggings and a LBD i saw a nice sequined one in topshop last week with heels

tamarav
10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
First of all, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have very little outside time dressed, this could be a mistake in my eyes, meeting an unknown guy. I know the draw but this is a risky step. Do you have any friends that could go with you?

My martial arts skills are fairly high and I still get antsy around some men. I just hate tearing up a new pair of pantyhose..

Give us some more information to go on, how long have you been at this? What kind of area were you lanning on meeting this guy? How long have you been communicating with him?

Be careful sis.

Tami

Lorileah
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
what you wear will probably be of little import after you meet. Typically these guys just want a little sometim sumtim in the car and no more. (hopefully that is all)

A couple rules. Let someone know where you are going and when you should be back.

Two, be careful in every conceivable way. Maybe meet in a public place. Then stay in public. and do not get in the car with him alone (my mother used to say that). and while we are on conceivable, protection.... Double raincoats

I agree with Tamara, it sounds risky.

If you are meeting somewhere safe, the LBD sounds good

cd_sarah
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
im confident about going out dressed up and ive been speaking to him for a while now and he seems really nice he knows the situation im in thanks for the replys so far by the way was thinking of meeting in a bar see how it goes from their.

giuseppina
10-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Sarah,

Meeting someone for the first time in a bar may not be the best place. Alcohol tends to negatively effect sound judgement. You're nervous for a reason.

Please stay safe.

Dana
10-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree you nervous for a reason, don't ignore your sixth sense ~ pay heed to it.

Regardless of the dynamics of a first date, the best thing to do is to it neutral and short. Don't let yourself become overwhelmed by the moment of it.

Meet in a public place, and I don't mean a bar.

Let someone know (that you trust) where you will be, how long you will be, and what time you will be home.

Bottom line?

Let common sense prevail.

noeleena
10-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Hi...
Where is this leading . as a friend or a sexual night out .
have a minder . some were close . dont have a drink & leave it druges . can be sliped in . & ,,,,,,,, if you do go to a pub tell the bar man to look out for you . or some one who knows you . have you any background on him . or can you get it . if you leave the place your going to . your on your own .
Have some one pick you up at a time given . so you are safe . at all times . or make it a 4 some .
This is like telling our kids . oh dear . well its the old saying better safe than sorry .
the other detail is have a phone & have some one ring every 1 /.2 hour or so .or you ring them . so you can be tracked . sorry if it sounds like your a kid . i just dont trust . this at all .....
...noeleena....

Karren H
10-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Leggins with a LBD? Ekkkkkk..... Don't forget to wear a pair of crocks too...

DiannaRose
10-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Sarah, I agree with the others..don't let the excitement of anticipation shut off your safety systems. A double-date would be ideal...that way nobody is alone. Go slowly, and let your date know you're going to go slowly. Make him wait on you. Bring pepper spray, just in case (better to have it and not need it, right?)

No matter how long you've been "meeting" this guy on-line, you still don't know him. Keep that in mind as you meet him face-to-face. Treat it as a blind date. :)