PDA

View Full Version : Through the Looking Glass, Ma'm

Persephone
10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I must have fallen through the looking glass this morning!

Talk about quick change Olympics -- I'm wearing Docker's from the men's department; a long-sleeved t-shirt that's admittedly from the misses' department but isn't really styled or anything, and a Smith & Wesson camo jacket from the men's hunting department. I haven't shaved since yesterday morning, I have no makeup on, I'm not carrying a purse, and my wallet is stuffed in my back pocket.

I bring my purchases to the woman at the bookstore checkout. I'm buying a science fiction paperback and three or four magazines like Backwoods Home, Hobby Farm, and Countryside.

"How are you today, Ma'm?" she asks.

I answer in as soft a voice as I can muster. I hand her my bookstore club membership card, which comes up with my male name.

She completes the transaction, hands me my change, and says, "Have a nice day, Ma'm."

On the way out, I realize I forgot to pick up a copy of Rifle magazine (great articles on the Savage Acustock and on long-range varmint guns).

I go back to checkout, this time with the clerk next to the one I dealt with before.

"I forgot to get this magazine when I came through a few minutes ago," I say.

"No problem, Ma'm," she says.

Then it's off to the tire place to get a tire repaired. No change in outfit, except that this time I am carrying my purse.

The salesrep greets me, "Good afternoon, Ma'm, how can I help you?"

"I've been screwed," I say, "Really, I have a screw in my tire."

He laughs and looks up my account, which comes up with, again, my male name.

Thirty minutes later they've fixed my tire. He apparently called "my name" (must be my male name) but got no response, so, when I figured out that they were finished, I went over to him.

He gets out my keys and says, "All ready to go. Have a great day, Ma'm!"

I may just try to stay on this side of the looking glass!

Kathi Lake
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Gee, sounds like I'm not the only one that went "poof."

;)

Kathi

Persephone
10-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Gee, sounds like I'm not the only one that went "poof."

;)

Kathi

Yep! Pouffe!

LaurenB
10-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Persephone, did you forget to say you had a side holster with the 1911 in it. That usually gets folks to be very polite. Too funny, thanks for sharing that. Lauren

Persephone
10-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Persephone, did you forget to say you had a side holster with the 1911 in it. That usually gets folks to be very polite. Too funny, thanks for sharing that. Lauren

They make so few feminine side holsters for 1911's, which is why Roma Leather makes these wonderul little purses:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ConcealedCarryPurseHolster.jpg
Hm-m-m-m-m, is that a 5" barrel Kimber Gold Match 1911 in your purse or are you just happy to see me? :heehee:

LaurenB
10-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Does it have special pockets for the spare clips? Gotta get me one of them, LOL

Summer
11-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Local gun broker and shop owner near here just got a set of matching serial number 1911s in a presentation box. Current price on them is around 30K.
Extra clips not included. Just though I would share.
Love the carry bag. Just the correct amount of revel showing.
:devil:
Summer

Loni
11-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Please....O Please use the correct words,
they are mag's
Not clips!

Mags fit a gun to feed ammo.
Clips fit into miled slots in the recivers to put ammo into fixed mags.

Here on the leftes coast we try to say the correct terms as the anties just do not get what that keep getting wrong with all the anti gun/ammo laws.

It's all in how what is said.

But I do have to say it is good to hear talk of guns on this site.

Check out this site.
www.Calguns.net

a gun place, not a cd hangout.