PDA

View Full Version : Came out to a friend today.

Kassina
10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Bringing my total out-comings to ... 2.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a major event. It wasn't planned out meticulously in advance, so this isn't some majorly emotional story.

The friend in question came round slightly unexpectedly this afternoon. He had popped round on Tuesday when we spent the day gaming but I was busy yesterday and he told me he was golfing this morning so I didn't think I would see him again till tomorrow.

Cue me half lazily browsing the web, half tidying my room wearing something less than masculine when I hear someone at the door. I did the 'change at the speed of light' routine an went to answer the door wearing just a pair of trousers.

As I welcomed him into my home I denied having just got up (I have been known to get up at 2pm), so when he asked what I was doing that took me so long to answer the door I just told him. Simple as.

He didn't really believe me till I lobbed what I had previously been wearing at him.

All this has led me to the conclusion that I don't care if people know, I just rather they didn't.

xd-tigger
10-30-2009, 06:13 PM
That's one way of doing it, congrats.

Ashley_in_Texas
10-30-2009, 06:42 PM
He didn't really believe me till I lobbed what I had previously been wearing at him.

I would have loved to see the look on his face. How did he respond?

TonyaV
10-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I have told several friends already. You'd be surprised how well they take it. I think the only ones that have the potential of being affected by the news typically are immediate family members. Even then, you'd be surprised.

Anyway - good for you!

RobertaM
10-30-2009, 08:53 PM
cool an non event. More importantly what were you gaming ? Cd gamer here!

Kassina
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I would have loved to see the look on his face. How did he respond?

Mild shock and confusion followed along with the mumbled phrase 'Hallowe'en'. I denied all accusations of Hallowe'en as I'm not a Hallowe'en person.

I have told several friends already. You'd be surprised how well they take it. I think the only ones that have the potential of being affected by the news typically are immediate family members. Even then, you'd be surprised.

Anyway - good for you!

That is very true. The other friend I outed to (I was nervous there coz that one was preplanned as he lived alone at the time) wasn't bothered at all. I recall the non-committal 'meh' being used.

cool an non event. More importantly what were you gaming ? Cd gamer here!

We were playing Gears of War! A good game made better with Co-op!

sherri52
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Good for you. It's better than him finding out latter by accident or from someone else

Miranda09
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Well Kassina, if he's a good friend, after the mild shock, he should be cool with it. Almost came out a to another friend of mine today, related to my thread.."An interesting experience..." May yet do it, but I'm still runing it out in my head. :)

victoriamwilliams1
11-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Now that was intresting.