PDA

View Full Version : General Behavior Boy-Mode vs En-Femme

TonyaV
10-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Few general questions to all the sisters -

When you're in boy-mode, do you walk as if you're en-femme? Do you always sit in a lady-like manner? Etc...

Tessa_Green
10-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Depends on my mood of the day, really i'd say when I'm in boy-mode (75% of the time) its masc. mannerisms with a 25% fem mix. Most of the people I chose to be in my environment dont notice anything. However I'm always underdressing but that doesn't concern anyone lol. Be as you are and be happy. Thats how I see it.

LisaM
10-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I like to practice female mannerisms and gait while in boy mode but I generally do it when I am alone. They have always been pretty natural so they often carry over in other situations. In addition, I have always sat in a cross-legged female fashion--often getting teased when I was younger.

DiannaRose
10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Well, since I've never been en femme for more than a few minutes at a time (and that very rarely, and never "fully" en femme, ever), I have to say my male mannerisms are at the fore 99.99% of the time. :)

However, I hope to have an opportunity coming up soon to explore a little more of my "woman within". I even bought a dress and heels for the first time ever. I have practiced walking in heels, but they were way too small for me so I could never get a natural feel--or even stance.

Wish me luck!

Sandra
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Please remember that threads/posts about sitting/standing/ peeing are not allowed http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content.

~amy
10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
It depends on the situation. Weird thing I just realized is that my femme side really leaps out when I'm communicating with my bosses one is female the other is male. Otherwize I'm mostly andro.

PhillyGuy2Girl
10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
WheN I'm in guy mode,I'm 100 percent guy. Now when I'm in female mode,then my feminine side comes out and after I have some drinks while in female mode,watch out because I really start acting girly.

Felicity

Lorileah
10-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I am me and me is I. The walk is what it is. I have always walked on my toes (according to my mother, but it may have been from the early dance training I had:doh I do tend to be more macho when I am in a sport. But in my mind I am not female sometimes or male sometimes. I am me. I don't "think" about how I do things all day.

CharleneT
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM
I walk the way I walk every day. So I guess that means I keep up the "en femme" version. I've been told I run like a girl too...

LindaMarie
10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
I think I do act a little differently when I'm dressed. I don't think the changes are dramatic but I do seem a little less reserved and my mannerisms change a little.

My wife has commented that this is one of the characteristics of my crossdressing that she really dislikes - she thinks I should be the same person no matter how I'm dressed. I don't think I'm a different person - there may just be aspects of my personality that are always there that are more likely to come out when I'm dressed.

abigailf
10-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Of course when I am dressed, my mannerisms are completely feminine; I walk, talk, sit and behave like a girl. When I am not dressed I try to be masculine. However, I have noticed and been told by my wife that I sometimes act girly when I am in boy mode. I do this unconsciously and when I notice in boy mode that I am acting girly, I smile to myself and then focus on being masculine.

Laura_Stephens
10-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I only display female mannerisms when I am dressed. When I am not dressed, it is because I am around co-workers, customers, or audiences. In my position, I am expected to be super confident, polished, and expected to drive public opinion. Honestly, it is so tiring that in the middle of a speach or a presentation, I find myself thinking about how soon I can get dressed.

Angelofsomekind
10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
When I dress I guess it's like a switch that gets flipped on. A couple years ago the day after Be All we went to a family gathering. My was was worried that since I had been dressed the previous 4 days I would end up making some girly movement or pose, but it's something I don't think about doing, when I dress I'm in that state of mind and it just happens.

Stephanie Miller
10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I've always been able to keep my physical mannerisms separate. I guess it's like the same mental process that I use to go through while I was a kid going to church. You know... its O.K. to yell and scream out in the playground but you just don't do it in the church. Conditioning maybe? So it is with drab/femme. Get whacked with rosary beads if you act up in church :evilbegon/ get teased by friends if you act femme at the bar. :doh:

Prissy Linda
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I never have acted real masculine although I don't act extremely feminine either, so when I do display feminine mannerisms it isn't that noticable because it isn't that much different than my normal behavior. I can go into full girly mode without much effort because it just feels rather normal. My wife says I have a soft way about me.

Samantha43
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
When I'm in guy mode I walk, sit and act like a guy. When I'm in girl mode I walk, sit and act like a guy...... I have never really been able to adopt feminine mannerisms. I try to "shake my booty" when walking, but it's just not natural for me. Oh well, my wife gets a good laugh when I try to act feminine. :D She has even tried to coach me with little success.

bobi jean
10-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I have always felt I carried myself according to attire but the other day (Wed) my wife, who is not accepting of me crossdressing, but laughs when she sees Mario L. in his get up on NIP_TUCK. told me to stop acting like a woman. we were in the Disney store, I was dressed in male attire and she says, Will you stop acting like a woman in here. I said I didn't realize I was and just kept on doing what I was doing. guess what, I was, after she said that I naturally paid a bit more attention to what I was doing. I was holding my hand up on my chest just like a woman. I appologized and went right back to shopping. NOTE! I said disney store. full of women and children and a few dads. my wife was about 15 feet away when she said that and I ackknowledged her, and maybe 5 feet away when I realized she was right and appologized. Not one soul even batted an eye and I am sure at least 10 adults heard both of us... to preoccupied with their own world I suppose. later that evening she said she was sorry about blurting it out that way but I caught her off guard acting like that... That's O.K. thats what I get for dressing and acting like a woman as often as I do.

carhill2mn
10-30-2009, 01:42 PM
No and not really.

lisa-marie
10-30-2009, 02:02 PM
when dressed i act and feel 100% femme but in male mode I am just a guy

SuzanneBender
10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I used to be able to flip the switch and jump right back to guy mode. Now, I find it hard to turn it off. I will catch myself in girl mode and try to compensate but I eventually slip right back into it. The only time I feel self conscious about it is when I am instructing a class.

Kathi Lake
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I am just used to doing a lot of things - I cross my legs (and even sometimes scoot them under me) like a girl when I sit. I enter a car "butt first" and exit feet first, my walk is decidedly feminine (according to my wife), and my hand gestures are kind of expressive and girly. I do this whether in guy or girl mode. As others have said, it's just me.

Kathi

Ashley_in_Texas
10-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I act pretty much the same no matter the clothing. I don't dress every day, but when I do, my wife will comment that the way I sit, stand, and walk is not "ladylike", and laugh. It would take a lot of practice for me to become more "ladylike". I'll work on it. I see myself as an apple covered in an orange peel. I may look like an orange, but I'm just an old bruised apple underneath.

borbiusle
10-30-2009, 06:46 PM
I cross my legs like a girl when I'm at home.

Frédérique
10-31-2009, 12:22 AM
When you're in boy-mode, do you walk as if you're en-femme? Do you always sit in a lady-like manner? Etc...

I sit with my legs crossed most of the time, unless I’m at a table or desk, but even then I usually put my legs over to one side together. I’ve always sat in a lady-like manner, ever since I can remember. I notice how males sit all the time, so I consciously avoid sitting like they do, just to point out to everyone that I don’t travel with the pack. Of course, I usually do the opposite of what everyone else does out of habit, but if I was in a room of sitting ladies I would still sit like a lady and straighten my posture.

I am just used to doing a lot of things - I cross my legs (and even sometimes scoot them under me) like a girl when I sit. I enter a car "butt first" and exit feet first, my walk is decidedly feminine (according to my wife), and my hand gestures are kind of expressive and girly. I do this whether in guy or girl mode. As others have said, it's just me.

I’m so used to tucking my skirt under just-so before I sit that I do that all the time now, whether I’m dressed or not. There’s no doubt my walk is affected by the women’s clothes I wear, but my flats don’t exacerbate the “expressiveness” of it. Also, being an artist, my hands are very, very important in a gestural sense, but probably not as “girly” as Kathi’s – I’m working on it, though...:battingeyelashes:

Hope
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
When I was dating my wife, before I came anywhere near a closet door, my wife's then (gay) roommate referred to me as "the pretty pretty princess." You do the math.

MissyW
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Nope, not really.

Monica73
10-31-2009, 01:11 AM
When I'm wearing panties I try to walk as suttle as I can in a femminine manner. I sit up and am as proper as can be. If they only knew at work why :)

Jocelyn Quivers
10-31-2009, 08:07 AM
When in male mode I'm 100% totally testosterone macho guy doing everything possible to hide and contain "this" side of me. Although there are times when my femme side slips or forces her way out.

Kristen Kelly
10-31-2009, 10:15 AM

Kathi

I am Kristen no matter how I'm dressed. I do this all with out a single thought, at a wedding resently my GF said,'"I danced like a girl" but most of the time I am a girl out dancing it's just normal for me. This is 1 of the reasons I have not worked too much on my voice for when I was, the gf said I would slip in and out of Kristen mode when talking.

shayleetv
12-27-2009, 06:01 AM
I am not really aware of what I do in one form or the other, but my wife says the longer in amount of time that I'm Shaylee I become more feminine. The way I sit, walk, talk and gesture. She sees more of my man side when I first dress but then my features in my face begin to soften over time and then she says she sees me more as another girl. This she says takes about 3 hours.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Few general questions to all the sisters -

I haven't mastered the fem walk yet, so no. But I do practice when I'm able to, even when in drab. As for sitting, I've always sat in a fairly ladylike manner. Always. Kinda comes from being the only child, and homeschooling for 4 years with a stay-at-home mom. I ended up picking up the way she sits.

Kate Simmons
12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
It's hard to say really how much behavior and mannerisms is learned and how much is intrinsic. At the very least I'm usually unpredictable when it comes to that stuff.:)

JenniferR771
12-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Whoops! Yes, at times I sit with crossed legs. My wife gets angry and says, "Stop sitting like a girl!" She is having a hard time adjusting--but --seems Ok with 8 dresses and 10 wigs in my closet--and the gold heels.

Karina_W
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't think I am different in either mode, I am more at ease dressed as a female, more comfy and more relaxed.
I am quiet when in boy mode, some would say that I am a very serious person.

MelodyS.
12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
When dressed I display femal mannerisims, although I have noticed when I shop (which I do in drab) I have a tendency to catch myself standing in a femme manner, which I correct quickly so that I don't attract unwanted attention.

carhill2mn
12-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I try to act in a manner appropriate to the way I am presenting.

kayesimone
12-27-2009, 03:27 PM
my nature is on the fem side, so when not thinking about it my movements and gestures and poses are not so guy like...but i do know when i am interacting with a group of guys i have to remind myself to be more like a guy...whatever that is. thank goodness i don't think about it too much...sounds like alot of work!

rocketscientist
12-27-2009, 03:44 PM
For me, it depends on my surroundings. If I am doing my job,never,but if I am at a store or someplace else and I see a nice pair of heels or some cute tops or skirts that I would love to wear,the pink fog comes over me and I fawn over them for a while and I just automatically go into "girl mode" for a minute. It's only when I realize I'm dressed like a lumberjack that I snap out of it.:eek:

MelanieP
12-27-2009, 07:06 PM
In guy mode (which is sadly most of the time), I don't have any feminine mannerisms (as far as I'm aware of). I need to be en femme for them to come out. But they do so pretty spontaneously when dressed. One time, I was dressed at home and was on a work-related conference call and I found my word enunciations and phrasing to change to a more feminine mode, and had to force myself to speak in a more 'manly' way less my co-workers started wondering what was going on.

Melanie

sherri52
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I can't sit in a lady like manner when enfemme. Up and down stairs (mailman) for thirty years has put muscles on muscles in my legs.

Evangeline
12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
how odd,i did not know there was something wrong sitting with crossed legs as over here nobody seems to mind or notice, is this an American phenomenon as that does to my eyes seem very strange.

Cathytg
12-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I walk very femininely when dressed and I sit and move generally in a more feminine manner. I know my voice stays the same.

I do not think that my personality changes when I am dressed. There was a time when I thought thatr I might evolve into a second person but I guess I have passed that point by now and I really think that today I am just a feminine appearing version of who I am.

Tamasina
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Hmmn, well for me I have to say the female mannerisms come out when dressed. I still have a need to keep both sides separate plus I really feel to inhabited in guy mode for that part of me to show.

Jason+
12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
There is only of me (thank god according to some :D ) so there is only one personality and mannerism. Obviously walking in 4" heels is different than tennis shoes and skirts require more attention than pants to maintain modesty depending on their length.

suchacutie
12-28-2009, 12:07 AM
My whole approach is a separation of my masculine and feminine selves. I work hard at keeping them separate, though I do admit to practicing my feminine voice while alone in male mode :)

tina

NathalieX66
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
I do what my pelvis allows....bone-wise.
The rest is all personality.
I watched my dad this weekened, he crosses his legs like a girl.
I can't do that because I am an avid cyclist and runner.

Vickie_CDTV
12-28-2009, 06:51 AM
I keep them separate. For me, it is hard and takes quite a bit of concentration to use my femme walk and mannerisms and not start to slip back to my usual male ones. One exception is that I tend to use a lot of hand gestures and talk with my hands, though I think that is more of a cultural issue. All the men in my family tend to do that as well (we are italians), even though most other men I know are not nearly as expressive that way.

Michelle 2774
12-28-2009, 07:12 AM
When I work, I do it as macho as possible but when I am home I get very girlish!! Although I try to keep them separate, when I see clothes (or wigs or shoes!!!) I can for the moment slip into my girl mode!