PDA

View Full Version : the pink fog makes you do crazy things

DeniseNJ
10-30-2009, 05:53 PM
As with may of us, the urge to dress can be stronger at times . To those girls that can dress everyday I envy you:) Well here's my crazy story. It all started out by me calling in sick Thursday and going to get a pedicure. Yea I got a few before, not a whole lot. I usually get a very light color or clear like opaque. Well I used Halloween as an excuse and went bold. I liked the pedi so much new heels were in order, while I was at it a complete outfit, I didn't find what I wanted at the thrift, If only I was a size 6 :daydreaming: I took a shower and shaved my legs completely put on my new thi highs /avenue girl jeans and the red thrift store sweater. OH! I put on a little mascrea and lip gloss to make me feel good. Off I go. Well I am not new to shopping in drab at this store, usually around halloween. This woman see's me and says can I help you, I said yes ,I need some new heels, got any on sale. Well I tried on these heels and fell in love. She then helped me find a skirt, all the time commenting on how nice the heels look with my pedi . Off to the dressing room , she said ,You walk better than I do in heels, That made me feel good . She brought me a few tops to try on once getting locked out of the dressing room as I looked in the triple mirror , I am done so was off to the register. I liked the looks of the heels so much ,I told the girl, I will just wear these for now and told her to box my sneakers. By not I am engulfed in pink fog. What am I crazy, this isn't halloween, what if someone see me that I know
(Home town shopping) this gets long.... the walk to my car across the parking lot was a thrill , had a few car let me pass and the headlights light me up. I am feeling so much like Denise and I am not dressed. I drive to starbucks , dare I go inside in these heels, a member on this board told me (You better show off that pedi, it looks great) after swallowing my courage pills I go , my heels clicking on the pavemant. inside this young teen girl was walking out , her eyes got so big as she looked down, the counter girl heard me come, in even tho I was trying to now make alot of noise. She was like wow they look so cute. back to the car and some guys are looking at me and I don't really care. Off to a big department store. I park and was getting ready to put on my sneakers, starbucks is one thing but a BIG well lit store:o Another sip of joe and I get out of the car like a lady, legs down like a proper girl should, this is about 7pm peak time. I ask myself (am I nuts) but I am loving the look so much, wouldn't you know it, I have to walk across the whole store to the womans section I need some new pamties.. You know how some stores have tile then carpet were the clothes are, I ZIZ ZAGGED and didn't walk on all tile, the heels are real loud on the tile. I hope you not bored yet I will speed it up. I find me some panties and notice 2 women looking at me I walk up to the counter with a wiggle in my step and the sales girl says step back and she was like OMG that lady was right. Little did I know but the 2 women went to checkout and mentioned to the sales girl about some guy wearing heels looking at panties and she also mentioned that she was jealous that my feet looked better than her's. When I heard this it was like my second stage went off. I was actually happy and felt so sexy. To a dollar store I go and the 2 india girls were in disbelief and wanted to know who did my pedi and she said my feet look better than her.. is there a cloud 10 ?? cause I was on it. OK there is more but I will let pics tell the story OH tried on new wigs today the the girls had a blast with me, you know I had to show them my pedi , in sneakers today and they were like wow. so I got dressed up and out to get pizza last night as Denise here is how I looked , I had a guy whistle at me too.. I know I don't look as good as you tight body pretty girls but I sure felt good. PS: OH !!the complete outfit heels,skirt and blouse $20.62 this girl can shop the pedi cost more

DeniseNJ
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I will post a black top with the

DeniseNJ
10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
You can see the bra through the black top, is that NO NO in the fashion world can't wait to try out my new wig and earrings

AllieSF
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
What a wonderful story and besides what you think, you have the look nailed down. Too bad I really can't see your pedi and new shoes with my poor eyes. I have had that "pink fog" courage a few times and it really is hard for me to get it under control before I do something I would regret later. Thanks for sharing.

Persephone
10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
So cool! You can keep breating it in, but it looks like the pink fog has made it all the way to your toes!

What shoes did you wear to your pedicure? Don't you have to wear open toes so the polish can dry?

DeniseNJ
10-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I dried my toes wearing just some black D&G flip flops at to the salon under the drier. I had butterflies that day to walking in the thrift store like that.

donnatracey
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Congrats and a great story, Denise! You're a lot braver than I am..... I thought I did good last week getting a manicure/pedicure in drab and then leaving the salon with bright orange toenails and my sandals! Not a peep as I shopped in Best Buy for an hour or so...

Glad you had such a fun time.....:)

boardpuppy
10-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi Denise,
That Pink Fog will get you every time. The pedi had you from the get go and girl it was down hill all the way. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time but wait untill next time.

Hugs,
Alice

MissyW
10-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Wonderful story.