PDA

View Full Version : Did I Just Get A "C" In Girly!!??!! ;)

Persephone
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Halloweenwithveil.jpgStanding in front of the salon.

I may have just gotten a "C" in Girly!

Today was the day for my bi-weekly (fortnightly) manicure. It may be the day before Halloween, but I knew that my friends at the salon would expect me to be in costume.

I really wanted a chance to wear a fabulous veiled hat. It's a bit like wandering around with spots before your eyes, but there is a delightful element of feminine mystery. Have you ever tried one? You should!

The one that I selected was red and black with a black veil that comes down to just under my nose, and that pretty well dictated my color scheme. I prepared a soft red silk blouse, a very straight long skirt, 5" stiletto pumps (everyone there expects me to wear seriously high heels), a black strapped watch, a pair of red earrings and matching red bracelets.

Now into quick time, 'cause I'm running late. Shave, shower, lingerie, makeup . . . I'm frantic about being late because my manicurist hates late!

Into skirt, top, heels, and hat . . . and, Oh! No!, my earring back is broken!

No big red earrings for me today! What to do? What to do? Going through my jewelry boxes for other earrings is definitely going to make me late, and I'll have to find other bracelets, and, and, and . . . I try my emergency mantra -- WWGGD? What would a GG do?

I decide she would forget the earrings and head for the salon. After all, it isn't the red carpet at the Monaco Film Festival, it's just the salon.

So off I go. There are two older women, members of my congregation, who wait for me every time, to say "Hi," to tell me how they are, to catch up on gossip, and, of course, to see what I'm wearing.

It's the day before Halloween, so they're practically breathless with anticipation (which could be alarming at their age!). They start smiling as soon as I arrive at the front door, and I'm still about 50-feet (about 15ΒΌ metres) from them!

They and my manicurist have a great time with my outfit, how good I look, and how can I walk in those 5" heels? Of course, then they tell me all about their experiences when they wore high heels and about how the new styles like mine are even higher than anything they ever wore, and we get in some conversation about what they're doing, etc.

Suddenly my manicurist says, "Where are your earrings? You usually wear earrings!"

I tell her about how the earring broke and she says, "But you have others!"

I explain that I didn't want to be late, and then, fishing for a compliment, I say, "I guess I get a "C" in Girly."

I'm figuring she'll say something like, "Nah, maybe a "B."

But she doesn't. She says, "Yeah, jewelry failure, "C" in Girly!"

My over-inflated ego dropped faster than buttered toast can hit the floor!

The older ladies said their goodbyes and left, and my manicurist and I moved on to other topics. Other manicurists and salon personnel came by and all admired my outfit.

Now, if you've read this far I have to ask you -- have you ever worn a long, tight, slinky straight skirt? Especially, have you ever worn one with high heels?

I have no idea how GG's do it! Lots of times you see them wearing these skirts with flats and that works O.K., but it's a lot trickier with heels than it seems.

After my manicure I wiggled my way to the bank to pick up some funds, to the post office to mail some letters, to another bank to make a deposit to my son's account, to the self-serve gas station to fill the tank, and then over to the shoe repair shop to have some boots repaired.

Then it was home to write this report. The shoes are off, but I'm still in that skirt.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Heck, I'd give you a B+ at a minimum! Love the skirt and really love the hat.

Kathi

sissystephanie
10-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Heck, I would give an "A" just for the outfit. I am not much into hats. but I love silk tops, or anything silk! you definitley rate an "A!":thumbsup::thumbsup:

kellycan27
10-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Great outfit, and I love the hat!
Kel

Persephone
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Heck, I'd give you a B+ at a minimum! Love the skirt and really love the hat.
Kathi

Thanks Kathi! All summer long I watch women in long dresses and skirts and I love the look. I have a few long skirts and dresses, but seldom get to spend a day in them.

Today was really fun! But the combination of tight ankle length skirt and vicious high heels sure makes navigation tricky! When I said something about how confining it felt, my manicurist smiled and said "You learn to walk with smaller, more feminine steps."

That feeling of smaller steps and heightened gracefulness as essentially feminine definitely seems to have an appeal to at least some women. Obviously, it doesn't bother them, instead it offers some heightened self-esteem. But if you grew up in boy world, where bigger is better and there are seemingly no restrictions, then it is a very odd sensation to find yourself reined in by your clothes.

Heck, I would give an "A" just for the outfit. I am not much into hats. but I love silk tops, or anything silk! you definitley rate an "A!":thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Stephanie! It's amazing how many different sensations women's clothing offers. Soft fabrics, long sleeves to no sleeves, loose or tight, flats to heels, your shoulders and back bare on a warm day. Guys basically get two sleeve lengths and two pant lengths in casual clothes and one sleeve length and one pants length in business atire.

Soft silk is a wonderful feeling!

Great outfit, and I love the hat!
Kel

Thanks Kelly! I grew up when women wore veiled hats (and gloves) pretty much whenever they left the house; they even wore them to go shopping.

Have you worn veiled hats? Like long skirts, they are one of those things that are so totally feminine. They offer mystery to those looking at you, and a very different perspective to look out from. I find so few chances to wear one and wish they were back in style.

Dragster
10-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Your skirt doesn't look all that tight Persephone! I know from experience that tightness around the knees and thighs is what excites me and makes it more difficult to walk, except in short "feminine" steps. Climbing stairs in a tight skirt and 5" heels is a hell of a challenge too; you need to go up sideways!

Tony

Nicole Erin
10-31-2009, 07:22 PM
hahah well, maybe you got a C for girly, but your manicurist gets an "A" for acceptance. ;)

tinalynn
10-31-2009, 07:27 PM
There's no doubt that women's clothing offer's far more choices than mens. Anything is possible, even mens clothes if you're a gg - and nobody thinks twice about it. Shania Twain's song 'I Feel Like a Woman' says it all!

Satin and lace are awesome, and I really like the feel of a skirt liner on my legs. I have a leather skirt that is only a couple of inches above the knee, and fits tight, with a liner. It feels ohhh so wonderful when walking around, especially up and down stairs. I'd love to feel the same thing with a longer skirt. Too bad that long skirts don't show off your legs!