PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a mistake

Alicia Grey
10-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Last night, there was a pre Halloween party for the residents of the apartment building and I pulled all stops and went dressed to the nines, or at least close to the nines, maybe six and a half's

any hoo the women gave me compliments but the men behaved like I was the worst thing that had ever happened.

Mirani
10-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey - what do men know anyway ;)

Just revel in the compliments! 9 out of 9 to you!

TonyaV
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Pretty much expected - they were jealous; probably deep inside would love to be in your shoes, but have no guts. Good for you gurl!

Holly
10-31-2009, 11:05 AM
I always wonder if someone is protesting too much if it is because they were secretly wishing they had to courage to do it themselves? At ay rate, the real question here is, did you have a good time? If so, then no, you didn't go too far :).

docrobbysherry
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Your great look should have been appreciated by ALL!:daydreaming:

But, there r REASONS why CDing is NOT a much harolded activity! As you've discovered!:sad:

CamillaCD
10-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't think you made a mistake. Nothing wrong with your outfit. I would say it was a mistake of the men to not wanting to know more about you.

joannemarie barker
10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
good for you alicia :)

Shelly Preston
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
You look great and the women obviously thought so too :)

No mistake that I can see

Rachel Morley
10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Mistake? .... absolutely not! Even if the men (as you put it) "behaved like you were the worst thing that had ever happened", it's the women's compliments you should focus on. What the women think is much more important than what the men are thinking - right?

You should be proud of yourself. You look perfectly fine and your outfit really suits you. There is no shame in "embracing the feminine" :)

Miranda09
10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
It's funny...the women are open minded than the men are!!!! What do men know anyway. You know the women's compliments will be sincere. :)

Lorileah
10-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Same happened to me. I just figured it was Halloween and I was supposed to scare someone ;)

Kiera79
10-31-2009, 12:51 PM
I think you did a good thing. Let em do whatever. I'm gonna have fun no matter what.

sherri
10-31-2009, 12:54 PM
the men behaved like I was the worst thing that had ever happened.The odds are always good that someone in the crowd is closeted or envious, but for the majority it's much more likely that the dynamic in play was pack mentality -- one guy disses you (probably behind your back) and the rest feel compelled to chime in lest they too be perceived to be limp-wristed. Even someone who, on his own, might be inclined toward tolerance will wilt under this kind of peer pressure. Never underestimate the coerced fervor of the lynch mob. :)

And too, they would no doubt have been more receptive if you'd taken the caricature approach, hamming it up for yuks, whereas you no doubt looked waaayy too good for your own good.

Temptation
10-31-2009, 01:33 PM
you do realize you're in jeopardy of having your CD license revoked for wearing those stirrup pants???? :eek:

vikki2020
10-31-2009, 01:51 PM
No, their mistake! Too bad for them. You can't help it if girls just want to have fun!

kimberly ann487
10-31-2009, 01:54 PM
I think the reason the men didn't show they liked your appearance was because they were in a group. Each not wanting to show how they really felt about you to each other. :heehee:

Alicia Grey
10-31-2009, 02:02 PM
thank you for the kind words and the encourgement

you do realize you're in jeopardy of having your CD license revoked for wearing those stirrup pants????

I thought tne stirrup pants would soften the image, It did not. So it's skirts tonight for HALLOWEEN. I will hold on to my CD License, until it is pried from my cold dead hands. (from quote by Charlton Heston)

Lainie
10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
... one asks, "Why did the man cross the road?"
The other shrugs. "Why does a man do anything?"

Men get turned on by anything that even vaguely resembles a breeding opportunity--not excluding sheep. In your case they knew they were supposed to exercise some self-control, and that made them resentful. Don't worry. Maybe next year they'll have grown in wisdom just a little bit, and in the meantime just laugh it off.

Catina
10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe the fact that you are not afraid to express your Goddess side makes the men afraid of their own "Divine Feminine" ? Hugs !

lisalove
10-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I think you did a fine job, no misstakes that I can see. Except maybe not inviting me lol.

Cheryl T
10-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Jealousy is an ugly thing....:D

charlytuna
10-31-2009, 06:13 PM
I went to the local club once dress, with my wife, and I got hit on by a couple of guys{ theymust have been drunk realy drunk] my wife left alone for awhile with them I was scared at first then I spoke that was it for them they left I guess they realise it was hollween

Ruth
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
I think the reaction was really sad. They were scared and insecure so they couldn't show any kind of approval. Women in general are far less insecure about gender roles so they don't feel threatened by a man who is obviously straying out of role.
Those guys are the ones losing out in this situation.

Nicole Erin
10-31-2009, 07:02 PM
What the men thought - HAH AHAH AHA A
Who gives a rat's patootie what they thought?

Really now, if your femme side passes a woman's scrutiny, then you are good.
I am not talking about "passing" per se, but if you looked good enough for thier approval, well sis, you are doing fine.

Hold on hold on, let's laugh about this again -
What the men thought HAHAHAHA Gyod like THEIR opinion matters. :heehee:

joyce483
10-31-2009, 07:24 PM
isn't that the reason to go to a party to get dressed up?

Sally2005
11-01-2009, 05:06 AM
On year, I had this reaction from one friend who is always talking about how he is a gift to all woman. You know the type...mr ego. Anyways, as it turns out all my other friends were great with my enfem version and he was the one who turned in to a big scared baby. It was great to see how uncomfortable he was! In the end he loosened up a bit though.

Guys in a group...most will not make the first move to be nice. If you knew one well you could probably break in to the group. It helps if you can pull it off as a joke vs. being your day to come out.

Frédérique
11-01-2009, 08:47 AM
…the women gave me compliments but the men behaved like I was the worst thing that had ever happened.

You didn’t make a mistake, Alicia, but the male boobs certainly did. You’re my hero(ine)!

Guys in a group...most will not make the first move to be nice. If you knew one well you could probably break in to the group. It helps if you can pull it off as a joke vs. being your day to come out.

Alicia’s “coming out” or act of simply being herself is wasted on pack-mentality males, but that’s their shortcoming, not hers. I’ve seen this type of repulsive behavior at close hand*, so I stay clear of male friends (except here, of course :)). When you’re with another male you’re half a person, when you’re with two men your personality is reduced by two thirds, and so forth – Eddie Izzard once famously said that men travel in packs of five because they have one fifth of a personality each, and I concur (based on observation). I would’ve treated Alicia like a queen at the party, not only because I like men who are girls :doh:, but also because I like people who are comfortable with themselves, somewhat apart from others and…interesting. :thinking:

*Aside to Violetgray: I reserve the right to "bash" men now and then -- in this case they certainly deserve it...

trannie T
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM
If there is an eviction notice nailed to your door within the next month you may have made a mistake. It you are not evicted and if you had a good time you made a good choice.

Cristi
11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
After lots of worry about such things, I've finally come to the firm conclusion that when people react badly to me being dressed it says NOTHING about me and EVERYTHING about they kind of person they are.

If they are so closed minded that they won't even accept you dressing like that on halloween, of all times, then they surely have some issues that they need to resolve. That falls on their shoulders, not yours.

Cristi
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
...so I stay clear of male friends (except here, of course :))...

Ahem... *cough* *cough*

There ARE no men on this site, are there?? :heehee: Oh wait, perhaps you meant over in the FTM section.

PretzelGirl
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, there are FTMs here too. And don't forget about folks like Ralph.