PDA

View Full Version : Outed myself in a pink fog, maybe...

Lainie
10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Yesterday I had a day off and an excuse to go down town in Houston, so I got dressed and set off without really making a plan. I don't pass, but do want to interact with people. First place I went was Lawndale Art Center, where a few employees were standing around in silly costumes. Turns out they were planning to give a "Day of the Dead" T-shirt to the first person who walked in wearing a costume. Seeing the mustache, they assumed that the shawl, necklace, turtleneck, leather skirt, hose & high-heeled boots constituted a costume, and gave me the prize! They asked if they could take a picture & post it, & I said "yes". This is crazy--I don't want to be outed. I haven't seen the picture on line, maybe they are just going to put it up on the wall. Of course I also do want to be outed--I've met one of the curators before in another context, and wasn't surprised to see him there this time.
Anyway they were very nice, and recommended the Center for Contemporary Craft, up Main Street a block, so I walked over there and really enjoyed the exhibit. Bought a book in the gift shop and the SA remarked that she "really liked my costume". I thought of explaining that it wasn't a costume, but after a short pause I just said "Thank You!", :battingeyelashes: very sincerely, which was a much better answer.
Then a few more galleries, lunch, clothes shopping....

This is nuts! My wife still hates CDing, I still hate sneaking around and buying clothes that no one gets to see. I'm just getting better all the time at doing things I don't want to do. :Angry3:

tinalynn
10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
I doubt you outed yourself, thank goodness for Halloween... :) That pic may be posted on the museum's web site for a day (if at all). Any longer than that and I'd be surprised. Same with a picture hung on the wall. Its a Halloween deal, nothing more...

StacyCD
10-31-2009, 06:24 PM
This is perhaps the only time that people won't think a second thought except that you are more daring/exciting than most men.

Barbara Jo
10-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I would not worry about it.

It is not uncommon for a so called "macho man" to put on a dress and other female clothes, etc for Halloween and it is always viewd as a costume in the spirt of Halloween.

The fact that you had a mustache reinforces this as just a bit of Holloween fun.