PDA

View Full Version : Beauty school and CD'ing.

Nicole Erin
10-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, my stupid computer diploma was about as useful as a scrap sheet of paper. I was pissed for a while that I worked so hard to earn it and it went no where. But I eventually moved on...

Yep, so now, I am going to beauty school. :D
It is great cause I don't have to worry about my presentation. Of course we have to stay within school dress codes, but no one questions why I might be slightly made up or have some pretty top. Today for halloween, one of the other guys dressed en femme (looked good too) and we were just outside smoking during break and there was some other lady, we just talked/bitched openly about finding shoes that fit. :heehee:

IN fact, a couple of the other male students are CD's. They are not like so much in the "TG community" but CD'ers, definately. Of course unlike most CD's who are straight, they are gay. I think I am gonna have a certain one of them teach me how to act like a woman hahah.

See, right now I am not really qualified to do anything and 3.5 years later, I doubt my IT degree is gonna do any good. I don't even care at this point. I chose cosmetology because in that field, a CD or gay male would not look a bit out of place. In fact, a gay or CD male working in a beauty shop is pretty much expected to have a feminine side.

Don't get me wrong, I have wanted to do this for a long time, it was not some spur of the moment choice.

So, if everything goes as expected, I can finally work in a field someday where I can be myself or maybe even transition on the job without having to worry about stupid crap. :daydreaming:

Barbara Dugan
10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
great news:hugs:

tinalynn
10-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Good luck, Erin! Sounds like you made a good choice with what path to go forward with. Unfortunately, an IT degree gets lumped in with the dime a dozen Windows certifications one can get in a Cracker Jack box. And Unix admins normally start out with nothing and gain experience on the job. Anyway, good luck with the choice! I hope you can dress for a few classes...

kellycan27
10-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Your personal happiness is what's important. that being said I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck Nicole.
Kel

Laura Evans
10-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Good for you,Nicole, picking a career that makes you happy is the way to go IMO. Best wishes.