PDA

View Full Version : An interesting experience today.

Miranda09
11-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, today (Sunday) I was out and about (not dressed) with a buddy of mine. Typically, early on Sundays we'll head over to one of the malls and walk around, stretch the legs, and pop into the stores to see what's new. We stopped in at Williams Sonoma, where a cooking demo was just starting, so we stuck around for some pointers...ok, and a few free samples! Anyway, later, I spied one of our sisters in the store as well. At first, I was taken aback as I had never run across one of us other than at the convention venues. But what I did notice was how well pulled together she looked. A very nice simple ensemble that that was very flattering to her. She was very tall and hard to miss, so as the program was progressing, I casually scoped the sea of attendees to see what their reaction was, and was pleasantly surprised as no one took much notice, and she was treated as properly as any other customer. This made me feel really good, and really made me feel good for her too. I didn't really acknowledge her directly, not sure of what the proper thing to do was, but did look at her several times, wanting to acknowledge that a sister was there with her. So, if you were at Oakbrook Shopping Center today, and are a member of this forum, I just want to say you looked great, and handled yourself with class, and showed me directly, how the general public reacts to us, which was something I had never witnessed. Who knows, I may be getting closer to doing this myself.

Oh, and BTW, my friend noticed she was TG'd and was very cool with it, as I knew would be. For those of you wondering, no, he doesn't know about me yet. Not sure if he ever will, but who knows. I trust him like a brother and I may just let him into my comfort zone someday.

Thanks for reading. :)

Sara Jessica
11-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Very cool, it's kind of like being the proverbial fly on the wall, being able to witness our world from the outside. I'm so glad she was treated well by everyone, even if being treated well might mean being ignored by some. Sometimes no reaction is a sincere form of flattery in TG land.

DanaR
11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Unless you really stand out, most people just don't notice or care and are oblivious to what is going on in their surroundings; they are into their own world with what they are doing.

StacyCD
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
If I open my mouth it's obvious to anyone that the package isn't entirely as presented. However, seldom has anyone reacted badly. I just go about my business and for the most part I am treated as I am presenting.

Adelaide
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Miranda.
Wow, you are very fortunate....Your comments are also very reassuring, having been in shopping centers before but not necessarily in a position to see people's reaction towards me.
A.

boardpuppy
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi,
Been to 2 malls, 1 several times, got a few smiles but nothing else really. I would be interested to be in that position also.

If anyone knows the correct manner to approach a sister in this circumstance, I would sure like to know if for no other reason than general information.

Hugs,
Alice

5150 Girl
11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I think I'd just walk up and say, "Hi, my name is Nonnie, what's your's?" Or somthing to that effect...