PDA

View Full Version : Have Events "Encouraged" Your CDing?

Lacy PJs
11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm not quite sure how to word this, but have there been events in your life that you think may have caused you to be more likely to dress? I'm not talking about trying on something or hearing of a certain experience but rather non-CDing things which you think may have led you to CD.

In my case, I have probably always had an interest in women's clothing from the time I was really small and remember thinking how neat my mother's nylons were. But CDing never really seemed interesting to me until I found myself in a rather stressful situation that lasted several months. I had absolutely no control over the events taking place in my life, and somehow, it seemed like crossdressing was a release or an escape from those circumstances. Of course, a very supportive spouse helped a lot too.

There was a time in my life where I didn't work for nearly two years. During that time is when my interest in women's lingerie & sleepwear probably expanded the most. More recently other things have happened which have made me more interested in CDing to the point where I am today.

If I feel like I have little or no control over a situation or if things aren't going well in general, dressing seems to allow me to forget about those things for a while and just allows me to relax and mellow out. On the other hand, when things do go well... say, a nice career advance, dressing doesn't seem nearly as interesting or as important to me at that time.

So I'm just wondering if others have had similar expereinces and, if so, what those events might have been.

Lacy PJs

JenniferR771
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I agree--I think--sometimes I reward myself by indulging in a little crossdressing session. Does that make sense?Or console myself.

Ashley_in_Texas
11-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I have just recently been thinking about the very same thing.
I was not at all popular in school, and was pretty shy as well, so I didn't have a girlfriend for many years. I lived miles from town, so the few friends I did have, were only friends at school. I spent most of my childhood, even through most of highschool, alone. I think the lack of a girlfriend for so many years is most of the reason I started. I just wanted to know what it felt like to see, touch, and hold a girl. Crossdressing seemed to be decent therapy, but it still wasn't a "girlfriend". When I finally had a girlfriend at age 17, the urge to crossdress was gone, so I thought. I went a few years without dressing, or even thinking of dressing, but then lonliness set in again. I couldn't fight it. Anyway....years down the road, I am married, and still crossdress. I guess it has become part of me.

Sherry-Stephanie
11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
It (Cding) may be a mechanism that allows one to escape from the reality of of a situation that we're in as males...it allows us to become another person in another (other) gender and by doing so we are no longer that person dealing with the events that are taking palce....but who knows because I'm not sure if that is the case or not....all I know is when I dress I'm not really the male guy anymore.....

VS Fan
11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Does your wife (or the little ones helping her put away laundry) accidentally putting her underwear in your drawer count? This is most decidedly what got me started in my adult years... there were several things in my teen years that looking back on them now are evidence of a CD undercurrent, but it wasn't until I found a nice silky pair of panties in my drawer that I began to really want to do it more and more often. I secretly hoped she knew I was wearing them... (after all I would put them through the laundry like normal afterwards).. but having recently come out to her, I know for sure now that she was clueless... kinda funny actually.

As for nowadays, it's definitely a stress reliever, but since I spend a good deal of time stressed out (work stuff mostly), so it's hard to say if that's really a "motivator."

VS Fan

Rebecca Jayne
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I have no control over control
that being said:
I am my feminine self 1st and my male self 2nd
but when I need to man up I do
but always as a woman would do it
RH Little pinkie in the air LH on your hips

OKAY girls lets torque that bolt down tight!

Samantha43
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Crossdressing is a great stress reliever for me. I have also noticed I have a greater desire to crossdress when things in my life get stressful. I have a sense of contentment when I am crossdressed. It's a welcome relief when things arent going well.

joann07
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
When I started living on my own a few years ago, I realized I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted and so that help get the ball rolling.
And so here I am today enjoying my feminine side to the fullest. :c9:

Hugs!

sherri52
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
In the past, emptyness such as no job or not enough money to go out would keep me home and idle minds dress at least this one does. Now I dress everyday all day at least in part such as underdressing

Teri Jean
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
For me the desire to experiment with panties, nylons, and dresses were the rule throughout my life but it wasn't until my wife passed in an accident did this manifest itself as it is today. It didn't happen right away but in time the door was opened and the flood of pent up emotions and desires spilled out.

Teri

Jeanne Hamilton
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Crossdressing is a very effective way to deal with stress. Slip on lingerie, breast forms, a wig, and complete the transformation with makeup, heels, and earrings, and you are another person, away from whatever was stressful. In long term stressful situations, shave your legs and body, and you can come home and quickly become your female self in a world different from the stressful world.

Crossdresing has carried me through both long term and short stressful situations. It is carrying me now.

Karren H
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Well one main even brought crossdressing crashing back into my life after a 10 year absence... Don't know if it was the relief from finding out that my brain tumor was non-cancerous and was treatable especially after the days of deep dispare prior to that... Or the actual medical treatment.. Or both all I know is I probably would never have crossdressed again... And really didn't care if I ever did... Of coarse on the other hand I probably would have been dead and gone by now if I handnt received treatment... Kind of permanently way to stop crossdressing! Lol.

PetiteTonya
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
One (and the most important) was a woman. We met while I was on a business trip. She somehow saw something in me(even though she herself had no idea what that was) that I also had no inkling of. Her involvement was a key factor. The other again involved her in that she drove the process, but the first time I was fully transformed into a female was also the first time I went out in public. I have never known the "closet". That was 15 months ago.
:daydreaming:

Jacky Aikou
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
One of my earliest memories is me playing under the table and admiring the legs of my mom and her guest. I must've been 3 or 4 years old, and was drawn to women's hosiery ever since. I would underdress with nylons and on the rare occasion when I was home alone would play with Mom's shoes, dresses, and makeup, at least until I outgrew her things. Never her underwear, I guess because I thought it was gross to wear somebody else's undies. :straightface:

In my late twenties, a girlfriend puzzled why I would own and wear nylons but not panties leant me a pair of hers. I guess once I slipped those on, some kind of "taboo" in my head was somehow lifted. It wasn't long after that I was dressed head to toe, and enjoyed it, but was still conflicted and thought it was just a fetish.

I'd say a bigger "event," though, was a couple years after that (when I realized that gosh, I might be a crossdresser! :eek:) I googled CDing and transgenderism and so much rang true for me (the part that it never leaves you, especially). When I realized that I wasn't a monster, the shame started to fade and occasional pink fog was in the forecast. :c9:

Kiera79
11-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Of course, a very supportive spouse helped a lot too. There was a time in my life where I didn't work for nearly two years.
Lacy PJs

Same thing happened to me. I had a time from Oct 08 to pretty much a month ago with no work. In that time I dressed more than I ever had. It was like a caged bird had been released and was ready to fly. It was wonderful yet depressing at the same time. I say that because as a man I wanted to provide for my family, but as a CDer I couldn't let my fetish be found out by my close friends. Only my SO and a CLOSE friend in another city knew about my closet experiences. When I got work this month and also Halloween came around it was like my life was whole again, but I wonder now that Halloween is gone and the work in temporary will I go back to my closet experience? As for the Halloween outing that opened a door that needed to be broken a long time ago. We will see what happens.

Laura_Stephens
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Stress is definately a big part of heightened desire to dress for me.

Kate Simmons
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Interesting. While I understand using it as a stress reliever, the curious thought popped into my mind that genetic women have no such stress reliever. I don't see very many of them dressing like guys to relieve stress. It's really all about mindset and what we have convinced ourselves that calms us down and relieves stress. It's an individual psychological dynamic and genetic quirk and as my therapist used to say "drug of choice". :)

Karen7cd
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I am out of work for the first time in 20 years. I love the escape, the out of body and becoming a new one. Being a different person.

Lorileah
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't think of any event or events that have encouraged me but I know there have been many that have discouraged me.

LaurenB
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
With me it's not huge life changing events but more so the cycles of anxiety undercurrent. When life is stressful due to having lot's of things in motion. When I feel like I'm giving alot, maybe too much sometimes. My feminine side seems to come in and throw me a life line.

It recharges me. It also usually sets up a new burst of creativity -whether problem solving or inventiveness. It's very much a part of my internal cycles (is it that time of the month? can't be, I'm a man). It's not just CDing either- I'm closeted, but my interactions with others get softer and more submissive, more care tending and less aggresive go-ness. But I can snap back to male mode on demand of there's an emergency or crisis or just some ugliness to be dealt with.

Someone should be writing PhD thesis's on this stuff. It's the most complex thing I've ever seen. I was getting ready for a meeting a couple hours ago. As I thought through how I would present things, I subconciously picked up a file (on a multitool sitting on my desk) and began filing my nails. I had let them grow a bit long and was thinking how nice it'd be to have beautifully sculpted and painted nails. All going on in parallel.

Lauren

ginafaye
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
mostly my loving wife helped me find my girly side,and yes just being able to slip on a bra , panties and nitie would take all the days stress away. just getting agood nites rest dresseed always seemed to make me have wonderful dreams

NathalieX66
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Last year the ecomomy tanked, my company laid off half my office & I took a pay cut (...which fortunately I got back), and my car died. I just decided to revert back exactly what I used to do 10 yeas ago, except now there's no guilt.

sandra-leigh
11-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Anti-depressants. :straightface:

Seriously. I had no idea that I was a cross-dresser until I'd been on anti-depressants for about 7 months. In retrospect, there were definite clues, but when the anti-depressants started repairing my brain chemistry (that had slowly been going wrong for at least a decade before it went badly haywire), one of the signal pathways that got fixed was the ability to recognize and deal with my cross-dressing / transgendered nature (which had probably been there from birth, causing me problems all along without my having a clue why.) And cross-dressing turned out to be one of the best anti-depressants ever. :)

Brenda's Friend
11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
As a young child, a teenage sister would occasionally dress me up. Over the years, I would obsess about dressing, never wanting to be a girl, but having a strong desire to dress. As a teenager, when my parents would leave me at home alone, I would hurry in to dress in my moms clothes and makeup. But the dressing was an occasional thing.

After marriage, I dressed a couple times in my wife's clothes. I had such huge guilt, that I outed myself to her. (On our honeymoon I did tell her, but she blew it off) When I outed my self we had the long and tearful talks. The conclusion was that I was never to dress again. Which for the most part (it is impossible to completely stop!) I complied.

About 2 1/2 years ago, my family were away for spring break. My boss came into town and did not talk to me the whole day, this was strange I should have figured it out then and there. But when I got empty home, I had a need to dress. Since my wife took most of her makeup with her, that night I bought my first fem items, foundation and mascara. At this point, the cat is out of the bag. As I write this I am sitting in a hotel room dressed head to toe as a woman. Real soon I will need to take it all off to do my presentation at the conference I am attending.

I still have an extremely hard time shopping, and I am very very closeted. My wife would freak if she could see me now. With the lifestyle that I have chosen, life would be so much easier if I didn't have this strong desire to dress.

BF