PDA

View Full Version : No longer completely a secret

FireFoxAngel
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't normally pots on the general thread, mostly just a reader, but I wanted to share a story because we can all use a smile here or there right?

So like many other great stories that are shared on this board, I finally came out to my best friend this weekend when she came to visit me. I live alone, which at my age (26) is more common obviously and I do have a girlfriend, who I hope is still in the dark about it just because I'm still unsure how to approach it.

Anyways, we were watching "You are what you eat" on BBC and one of the people being put on the diet was an open crossdresser. He was also gay and his partner had put him up to it. Now I personally am not bi or gay, but obviously that can sometimes be the misconception with the "uninformed" :) So my best friends mouth drops when they announce he dresses. She immediately says "OMG, he's a crossdresser!". Not in a bad way, but in a super shocked way. I turned to her and said "what's wrong with that?" She said "nothing, just really surprised!" (being in the midwest, these things are a lot less common!).

So the show finishes up and I ask her "so how good are you at keeping secrets?" And the first thing out of her mouth is "what? are you a crossdresser or something?" I about crapped myself with her saying it so quickly! But I responeded "what if I was?" Of course she immediately said "haha, no you're not". So at this point, I was playing on my computer and not saying anything, I opened up some saved pictures and her jaw hit the floor and she smacked me on the arm. I said "what? sorry!" She said "no need to be sorry, I'm just......" "Shocked? Angry?" I didn't know what she meant. So she says "No, I'm actually kind of mad at you!" "Mad? Why are you mad at me?" I asked. "Because we've been best friends for 13 years and you're just now telling me this!?

:)

That's a feel good moment and a load off my shoulders. We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out as normal and actually picking some outfits out for us to work with. It was a lot of fun and a big shock/relief that friends are always there for you. So that's my feel good story for the day and I hope many others have similar luck when they decide to "drop the ball". :)

sherri52
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
That's what they mean when they say best friends. I'm behind you forever.