PDA

View Full Version : Who are you ?

Zoiq
11-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Who are you?

This is an important question, because everyone needs to know for themselves who they really are.

It doesnt matter if your normal, abnormal, transgender, straight, gay or anything other possible thing you could imagine, everyone, and I do mean every single person, has a journey in their life of working out who they really are. And I might say this covers more than just your sexuality too, are you a sports persons or a couch potato, are you highly social or a private person. Knowing who you are completely takes a long long time, some might say it takes a lifetime.

I believe that no-one can be truly happy about themselves until they discover and understand who they really are, and then be honest with themselves about it, and live their lives knowing it.

I have come to the following conclusion, about my sexuality atleast... (after seeing a particular line in a film that I saw, ' All the Queens men ' with the line coming from Eddie Izzard ( who is a famous self proclaimed out of the closest transvestite ), who plays the role of (and I quote from the film), a ' Bi-sexual Lesbian in a male body '.

That I have worked out that I am a..... faithful, monogomous, hetrosexual, crossdressing man, in a male body.

That is,

I am a man, not a woman in a mans body.
I like women, ( but specifically only 1 at a time, and a particularly very special one at the moment, that I hope will be life long. )
I like to Crossdress, appear as female, though I'm male.
and I am in a male body, with no desire to have any real female 'bits', though I admit having different 'bits' would make the task of looking female a lot easier...

Maybe part of the task of life is to discover who you really are, it does not matter if you are or are not something you were taught as being 'normal', it only matters that you understand who you are, that your happy with who you are, and living your life in that happiness.

I am a Faithful, Monogomous, Hetrosexual, Crossdressing Man, in a male body, and I didnt really completely work this out until I was 35, and I was only really able to work this out, be open about it, and be happy about it with the help and support of my current partner and fiancee.

I love her and I thank her.

Though we gather here on this forum, many of us Transgender, others of us close to someone who is transgender, we are still many and varied people.

So I ask you the question, be it for your own benifit and/or to share it with us all,

Who are you?

Love,
Phil.

PS. Fairly new to this forum, it has a lot of good information, ideas, suggestions, things to read and support, I will endevour to pass by from time to time, look forward to getting to know you all.

meri
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, I like you have spent time thinking about this. My conclusion is, however, the minute I define myself with a word, is the minute I limit myself to the confines of that definition. This is especially true if you decide you are "X" and then try to live your life according to the rules inherent to being "X".

It is more liberating to me to leave the definition of who I am open and undefined. It is also much harder to do because our minds have a bias toward identification with something, belonging, joining something, anything. Standing alone is a very hard thing to do.

Hence, here's the best I can do "I am a spirit with a body". That too may be limiting, but for now it gives me enough elbow room.

Karren H
11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Personally I do not need to know who or what I am!! I'm me and like to do what I like to do... And their is no label for that... Who I am and my happiness is independent of what clothing I wear..

Marcie R.
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I know who I am, and it only me that has to live with my feelings of dressing as a woman.:love:

Alicia Grey
11-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Who am I, Now let me see
I once was you, and now I'm me

I share this body, all old and wrinkled
with a courious girl, with hair in sprinkles

a grumpy fellow, who growls and mutter
or a lady of grace, with heart a flutter

I live alone, how can that be
I live alone, as me and she

Trapped in a cell, of my own bidding
I venture out, while she stays hidden

Bless her heart, she got out last night
Now what will come of this, it is a fright

Sharon
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Who I am is not who I was yesterday, nor whom I will be tomorrow. I haven't yet figured out who I am at this moment..., oops, too late, that moment is gone. One thing you can be assured of, however: I am not the same as you nor anyone else.

Lorileah
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I am me. All that other stuff just makes a longer label.

MJ
11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm a happy go lucky person who loves life with good and dear friends. no labels just friends

suchacutie
11-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Up until a few years ago life was so simple. I was a guy and did guy things. I have a fantastic wife of many years and it all seemed so "normal". I liked being normal and didn't think that would change.

Change it did. Although the clothes do help the transition to Tina, there is an underlying thought process and emotional connection to being feminine. That piece of me seems very deeply seated, and only now do we recognise this. I need to know who this part of me is. It is the journey to understand Tina that I think will help me to know who I am.

Good question, good thread, and this is really the center of the adventure which is Tina!

mykhelee
11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I am a bi-sexual-crossdressing male. I like being a man but make a damn fine looking woman. I take my partners as I may.
Few and far between mind you. I make no apologies and expect none.
I LIKE ME! is that not what really matters?:2c:

Marcyme
11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I am just me. I could list many labels, but no matter the words, they always fall short of the true person.

Kate Simmons
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
A person basically. Others seem to be obsessed with labeling . Let them knock themselves out I say.:)

AllieSF
11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I agree with Karren Hutton. I am me, and I really do not want to burden my life looking for that one definition that defines me as me. As others have said, who we are is a continually developing and changing process. I just love being me and refuse to let the rest of the lables, definitions and others' opinions weigh me down.

ginafaye
11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
husband,father ,honest, hard working,loyal ,forgiving,tolerent,curious, just a friend of man spending my time hear doing the best ican learing always about who i am and whats around the next turn

Miranda09
11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I am me...I am her...I am both of us. I'm glad we finally met!! :)

Granny Gray
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I am I just as You are you and we are both WORKS IN PROGRESS defying definitions which imply one stereotype or another. Granny

Karen__Starr
11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I am continually evolving :o

Shari
11-03-2009, 06:35 AM
I am an 18 year old combined coed and jock trapped in a 61 year old body.

Blaire
11-03-2009, 06:49 AM
The bottom line says it all.

noeleena
11-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi..
.It took so long to find the truth.
It took so long .to correct the myth
as to who am i
& now to know .
it is I . the one that hid .
& now . that.
no longer applyes.

There are many parts that make us who we are . what label do you employ to say who we are .
Is it what i do where i go what i work at . who i stay with . familys .
There is no one label that discribes who we are .

Im a builder . i marriied Jos 36 years ago . we have 3 grown up kids & 7 grand kids we live in our own house in a small village of 3500 people here in nz . we have many friends. i m involved with womens groups i do camara work . i like doing cabinat making . & have one of our grand kids with us lots . i m a 62 year old woman . who is active whos allways been a andro , a transfemale woman . & yes there are many other details that discribe more about who i am . & to love life & live life .. & be who i am .
...noeleena...

PetiteTonya
11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
If I had been asked that question a year and a half ago, my answer would have been clear, concise, accurate and very practiced.

My "story" for want of a better term is very different from many I've read here. Huge changes have occurred in my life and my persona.

Perhaps my best answer to this question now is that these days, I am a Person. A Person who tries very hard each day to just be a Real Human Being in the positive sense of that term.

Everything else to come will unfold.

sherib
11-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I am a Faithful, Monogomous, Hetrosexual, Closeted, Crossdressing Man, in a male body. I LOVE to dress in womens clothes and using make up. I wished that my wife would understand that.

melissacd
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
That changes with the time of day ;)

Crysten
11-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Only one real comment. I find people who over self-analyze themselves to be boring in the extreme. I'm more interested in root causes - and trying to find a root cause with crossdressing is an impossible task.

Who am I? I'm a husband, father, and crossdresser. And that in no particular order.

joandher
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I am who I am, I do what I want when I want,if I don't like doing it ,I don't do it,life is too short, enjoy it while you can

what you see is what you get

:hugs: J-JAY

Jessica Who
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I am Jessica Who?:heehee:

JeniferMN
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I am who I am, I do what I want when I want,if I don't like doing it ,I don't do it,life is too short, enjoy it while you can

what you see is what you get

:hugs: J-JAY

RIGHT ON GF! Love your outlook. xoxo Jenifer

Celeste
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I am a mellow person, pleasant to have as a friend,I only search for contentment and happiness for everyone.

cd_jamie
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I am me and I am content being me.

sissystephanie
11-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Phil, I am exactly the same as you, a Man who crossdresses! I do have some feminine "bits" as you put it. I have natural 40 B breasts. Have had breasts all my life. The doctors have told me it is not gyneomastica (sp!), they just have grown that way. I have worn a bra most of the time since I was about 10 years old, except when I was in the Navy. MY avatar is just me and a bra, No forms at all! I dress because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing! Nothing more or less! My tag line says it all!

Frédérique
11-04-2009, 08:49 PM
So I ask you the question, be it for your own benifit and/or to share it with us all, Who are you?

I am a boy.
I am the boy who wears a dress.
I am a boy who looks like a girl.
I am a girl who looks like a boy.
I am your boyfriend, and I am your girlfriend.
I am my own girlfriend, and I am my own boyfriend.
I love who I am, I love who we are.
I am without guilt, shame, or fear.
I walk through life unconcerned.
I reach out to you – how will you respond?

Well, you asked…:battingeyelashes:

sherri52
11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I have been a heterosexual crossdressing male for 50 yrs. Where this is going or how far the road leads, I don't know. I have no urge to change but should the road change before me, I'll follow.