PDA

View Full Version : Skirt

Skirtboy
07-26-2005, 01:48 AM
While hitherto I cared less about apperance than comfort, I can not get away with this for what I have in mind. I intend to go to a public place dressed. The difficulty is that I do not want to look like the common misperception of CDs, namely either a gay male prostitute or a man who dresses to express a "trashy" side. The temperature is also a consideration. I want advice on forming an "outfit" rather than a collection of different articles of clothing.

I have at present:

1 mottled blue/black dress that reaches to my knees.
1 pair 3" black heels
1 khaki-colored skirt
sundry

I intend to add to this a denim skirt reaching to my knees that flares out.
I have not yet bought this.

DawnRodgers
07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
I think your best bet is to take a walk through a large shopping mall and check out the outfits that the stores put in their windows and on their manikins. Pick the business casual dress fashions and skip the "out for a night at the popular dance place" type things. Then buy a matching outfit in your size and you should look sharp and attractive when out for the night.
Dawn

HaleyPink2000
07-26-2005, 02:42 AM
I find that people actually don't care for the most part as long as you blend in. If you look at other women in a mall. Are they wearing loads of makeup and 5 in heels? No! So don't do that either, try to blend in with your clothing no matter where you go. Also hun, don't dress like a tramp while out. It's a very easy way to be beaten up or gang raped.

Dress in clothing that is nice but is not gaudy. Buying clothing to pass is diffrent than buying some little thing for yourself at home! Sure I'd buy a nice maid uniform to wear at parties with frillies etc. But not for the mall or a dinner out. I'd buy a nice set of angel pumps with a low heel that match my necklace. Then a skirt to the ankles that is of a design to be worn to a informal garden party. Something not gaudieeee.. A nice Top to match one of the colors in the skirt, and your about set. Ok, to add to that pick out some slacks to wear with the top and a nice coverup made from a nice lace. This could be worn to dinner or to a park with a lover. Shop, don't just random buy. Plan every piece for a few days before you actually buy it. Women graze when shopping in a store. Men don't!

So when in a store take the time to see how things are made. Even smell the item to see if it has been soiled. If so and you don't mind washing it when new. Ask the clerk for money off the item because it is soiled. If they won't, ask for the manager. He or She most likely will.

I have been out with my wife shopping, and we take time to shop for dresses, makeup etc. Your smart enough to know what people will allow on the street. Without staring at you. Blend in and buy clothing for away from home, and some things for home. Look at women more of how they wear their clothing. Don't over dress except at home. Women don't usually. They won't wear any makeup that looks frompy while away from home. Excuse me, MOST WOMEN WON'T.... Kids do that! Girls learing what it is to be 15. If your not 15 don't dress that way. Also don't waist money on clothing that don't blend in to where your going to. If your going to a BDSM thingy , well that might be another story. TEE Hee :)

Sorry I'm 54 and I'm way past those years of short mini skirts. Also I try to go out and be safe while out. So dressing properly and buying clothing with that in mind helps. Men are going to look at you no matter how you dress. But it is if you give them the idea your easy while out that matters. Also hun try to shop with anohther with you if you go out while in a dress. First thing is to be safe.

I'm sorry if you might already know this, but I thought I should say these things.

Have fun.
Big hint I use. Don't buy the first thing you see. Make yourself come back again the next day if you really want an item. Go to more than one store.

Haley:)

HaleyPink2000
07-26-2005, 03:11 AM
I find that going to an African American Wig and Makeup shop is better for the CD. It seems their facial features tend to make their wigs better serve the CD or TV. Also I have found that more African American shops seem to be more sensitive to our issues. In a word, Friendly.

For the most part, African American shops charge way less than High End
" Up Town " wig and makeup shops. You believe me I have seen the same wig in two diffrent shops one was $23 and the other $125.

I Like saving money so call around on the phone first and simply ask.
Is this shop CD friendly? If you get any bad vibe don't go there.

Get the part number of the wig you like and the manufacture name. Call around and find the best deal. It's the same wig no matter where you buy it.
Just be sure the shop will back what they sell. Other CD's in your area know the places to go.

These people want your money, they don't care what you wear or how you dress or what you like or dislike. They will tell you anything for your money.
Take another CD with you or a S.O. to help pick out a nice style.

Remember if the wig is a short style. You might have to keep your real hair trimmed in the back so it won't show. Practice putting on your clothing, makeup and wig before the outings.

Tip: Don't put on your makeup after you put on your wig. It's the little things that matter, really. Don't wear a long wig in the summer. It's way to hot hun.
Unless it's a style that can be worn up.

Haley:)

DonnaT
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM
One thing for sure you'll need is a sensible pair of shoes. Flats or 1" heel, no more, if you want to blend in in a non-dressy location.

Rachel_740
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I want advice on forming an "outfit" rather than a collection of different articles of clothing.

If you want an outfit, look at what GG's your age are wearing, see what you like, what you feel suits you. Look through mail order catalogues, look at femme clothing websites. See what they are putting with what.

Think about the image you want to portray and buy a complete outfit as is shown in the catalogue/website.

You come across that you want a more sophisticated image, rather than mini skirt and cleavage hanging out.

Remember though, accessories are as important as the outfit and if you have the wrong colour purse for your shoes it will destroy the entire image.

Anne

MichelleGray502
07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Hello Skirtboy: as you can tell with my nickname I am skirt lover as well and it is what i wear most of th' time with of course a nice blouse or sweater. yes it is very important to find th' right skirt that will fit and suit th' best. just like what th' other girls here in th' forum has been saying as well don't buy th' first thing you see shop around and ask th' salesgirls in th' clothesshops most of th' them are more than willing to help cd's there is th' odd one that wont but if you get a bad vibe from someone just leave th' shop. If you can try and ring a few places up before you go out and ask if th' shop is cd friendly or not and then decide where th' best is to go, also if you can get a female counterpart to go with you it will help a great deal as well. me' wife goes with me 90% of th' time.

Anyhow i know you already been told all of these so i will get of it now.just to trying to help 'lov. one last thing through i wear me' skirts no shorter then 2 inches above me' knee. me days of wearing mini skirts are over for me at (41) they just don't suit me anymore so i made me length a little longer like i' said 'bout 2" above me knee and of 'course th' right top' to go with it

Good luck Skirtboy and let us 'now how you do lov'