PDA

View Full Version : Debs begins the next stage

Sheila
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
We went for our second appointment with the assessment Dr today, she had consulted with the in house psychologist since our last visit and after a few more questions and a much friendlier session than last time, offered Debs referral to Charring Cross Hospital Gender Clinic, she has accepted and the letter will be written and sent to them this Friday :):)

We have to drop some pictures taken of her over the last 10 months or so and she will send those in with the referral letter ( we meant to take them in today to show her, but guess who forgot to pick em up :doh: ........... well she is blonde :heehee:)

The first appointment will take between 6 and 9 months and ideally in that time Debs should be living full time as herself, so to that end we are on the move, looking for somewhere that we can move into as Debs and Sheila and family as opposed to Male Debs and Sheila and family ............ so if anyone knows of a reasonably priced 3 bed rental in south England feel free to PM us with details *sigh*:heehee::heehee:.

Thanks for all your support it is much appreciated :hugs::hugs:

Felix
11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Wowzer Debs thats fantastic news we are soooooooo happy for you :hugs: Sooooooo happy for you both :hugs: If ya need Helen and I for anything you know what to do just shout xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
We went for our second appointment with the assessment Dr today, she had consulted with the in house psychologist since our last visit and after a few more questions and a much friendlier session than last time, offered Debs referral to Charring Cross Hospital Gender Clinic, she has accepted and the letter will be written and sent to them this FridayCool, well happy for you both that things are moving on...

The first appointment will take between 6 and 9 monthsMy first appointment with Charing Cross took a little longer than that so be prepared to wait some, as thats really just a guestimate and with the way the waiting lists are who knows....but please let us know the date & who you are seeing when Debs gets it, never know we might even end up with an appointment on the same day :), if you need to chat to someone who has seen two of the psychs there already let me know :)

Teri Jean
11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Sheila and Debs, that is so good to hear and I wish you all the best.

Huggs Teri

MJ
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
wow i hope all works out for you both :hugs:

Deborah Jane
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone here for supporting both Sheila and I so far on our journey :hugs:

At the moment I'm feeling somewhat elated that I've got the go ahead for this but also sort of scared of what is to follow. I do know that Sheila will stand by me throughout all of this and I hope that in the months to follow I will start finding the inner peace that finally being myself will hopefully bring.

Thanks again ..... :hugs: Debs

Kieron Andrew
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone here for supporting both Sheila and I so far on our journey :hugs:

At the moment I'm feeling somewhat elated that I've got the go ahead for this but also sort of scared of what is to follow. I do know that Sheila will stand by me throughout all of this and I hope that in the months to follow I will start finding the inner peace that finally being myself will hopefully bring.

Thanks again ..... :hugs: Debs

Debs, as i said above if you want to talk about Charing Cross at anytime please don't hesitate to send me a message....that goes for both of you...Don't feel scared as it is going to a long old journey so things wont be rushed overnight, the charing cross team are a really nice bunch of people :)

Deborah Jane
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Kieron :hugs:

I'm sure I will be contacting you for help and advice [and even just a chat] once all this sinks in, at the moment my heads spinning from todays news [and it's not even alcohol related :heehee:]

GypsyKaren
11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
You both know that you have my support and best wishes, plus I'm always here if you ever need anything else.:hugs:

Karen :g1:

Sheila
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
You both know that you have my support and best wishes, plus I'm always here if you ever need anything else.:hugs: Karen :g1:

Money :D

Thanks, she is both excited, scared and nervous ........... she will settle in time I hope (mind being blonde may take a while :heehee::heehee:)

Kieron, appointments on the same Day that would be cool :D

Felix thanks mate :hugs: and thank that lovely lady of yours from us as well, you owe her a bunch of roses from us, well inter flora is so expensive :heehee::heehee:

MJ and Teri thanks :hugs:

GK :hugs: and thanks and please tell Kat I will get round to answering her PM one day soon, been a funny old month :D

Stephenie
11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Sounds like things are going to be a bit hectic for awhile. Best wishes to you both.

Shelly Preston
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't think I can add anything but my best wishes

Well maybe a few :bh: :bh: :bh:

jenna_woods
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
wow that's great wish you both the best.

sherri52
11-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Congats Deb. One foot out and the other already stepping in. Keep it going. Stay with her Sheila. You two are going to brighten up South England:hugs:

pamela_a
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
How much more can you take Debs? First catching a wonderful woman in Shelia and now this.

I hope things continue to go well for you and you find the peace and happiness within to go with the wonderful person you now have in your life.

I can't offer anything more than my best wishes and hugs. Good luck on your journey.

Hugs.

-Pam-

morgan51
11-02-2009, 11:46 PM
best of luck to you both I hope all goes smoothly for you. I sure understand being nervous and elated at the same time.

Eileen
11-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Sheila and Deborah it is so nice to hear of two people who communicate and have such love for each other. You have the foundation to make anything you wish to do successful!

Eileen

Angel.Marie76
11-04-2009, 10:05 AM
congrats on the next stages of your lives together! I wish you both the very best. :hugs:

NiCo
11-07-2009, 04:24 AM
OMG I was on ‘holiday’ I didn’t realise she was going full time! OMG OMG OMG CONGRATS!

I’ve heard the Charing Cross waiting times are a bit “lol” at the moment, that’s why I refused to go there. I had waited ONE MONTH for my first appointment at Glasgow GIC…apparently because everyone is going down south for their treatment, so the Scottish clinic has less of a waiting time…

But the 9 months might be better for you, because it gives her time to adjust and get settled before hurrying off to appointments and starting hormones or whatever she chooses to have done!

If she becomes impatient and more dysphoric, consider Glasgow GIC, the waiting times are unbelievably small…I was shocked after only a month wait getting a phone call! Also, you can refer yourself, no need for a GP! Yeah it’s a hell of a trek, but if you want something enough, nothing will stop you, that’s how I see it anyways!

:hugs: to you both! Well done! Good luck with it all!

Carole Cross
11-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Congrats Debs, I am on the waiting list for my first appointment at Charing Cross. It is a long wait and can be a bit frustrating at times but it has given me time to beciome more comfortable presenting as female.

good luck, hun. :hugs:

Samantha B L
11-07-2009, 08:40 AM
It sounds like things are really looking up for you,Debs. And you're very lucky to have Sheila. I send you all my best.

Samantha

KrazyKat
11-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Wonderful news for the two of you!!:love:

I know that love will find a way for you both!! Transitioning together is a journey of love, in so many ways!!:hugs:Anything I can do to help, please contact me.