PDA

View Full Version : Defying my own stereotypes...

DinaMature
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Some may misconstrue parts of what I write here. Please be assured, I mean no ill will.
I'm kicking my own thoughts around and putting them here to see how others see my situation.

I don't post often here but I think some can see my trend that I don't wish to be a woman.
I enjoy dressing as one. If I could temporarily transform and be a GG for an hour or day, I'd do it but only with assurance I could fully revert to my masculine form. If "body modification" could be reasonably and genuinely available, I would like to have larger breasts but that's all the change I would hope for.

Having said all that, before I knew myself as well as I do now, I assumed that Crossdressers were men who were 'failures' as men and sought to redefine themselves as women, allegedly because in many ways a woman's life is easier, has lower expectations.
Now I struggle with that definition, that self perception. I'm really happy to be a guy... I just want to delve into some aspects of womanhood.

I don't have any caring nuturing aspect, though I imagine some might say "I'd love to be woman and Mother!!"
I don't have any desire for intimacy with a man, though clearly some CD's do.
I don't want to take on sewing, needlepoint or flower arranging.
I've been a salon and had a pedicure; and I found that personnal attention no more endearing than going to a barber for a haircut. I'm not one who wants a day at the spa or salon.
Just some time in full drag is all the 'pampering' I need.

I've attempted a feminine voice but that goes over as well as feminizing my face. Both will never "pass"; I can only hope for acceptance. I don't adopt feminine mannerisms without serious focus and it's such facade that I don't feel at all genuine when I do them.

My GG/SO is very accepting and supportive, and I indulge myself daily. I feel great with what I've learned to do with cosmetics and learning what clothes to choose for myself.

But it's all an excursion, a luxury.
I'm very happy to be a guy that does guy stuff, pursues prototypical masculine interests, and that works at a bluecollar macho occupation.

Having said that, I'm also happier than I've ever been since I've accepted Crossdressing into my life.

I know this is more of a rant but what do do the members think?

Kate Simmons
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
I think holding your head up and being proud of who you are as a person is the most important thing Hon, whether dressing is involved or not.:)

kellycan27
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Whatever melts your butter love.

Karren H
11-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Personally I think you should be expelled because you don't want to do needlepoint!! But if you promise to never ever bring it up again I supposed we could look the other way? What is needlepoint any way?

sherri52
11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I'll agree with most of what you said except for the fact that women have it easier. Do you honestly think if your gg doesn't put her makeup on right she won't be noticed? Women also have to try harder for the same job as men. Men are physically stronger generally and women are smarter. That is not my opinion it is a fact. For us cd'ers we have to work harder to look like a woman. How many women do you know that have to hide a 5 o'clock shadow or shave thier chest. We first have to love ourselves. Then and only then can we love others.

Rachel Morley
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Having said that, I'm also happier than I've ever been since I've accepted Crossdressing into my life. ..... I know this is more of a rant but what do do the members think?
Whatever "floats your boat" is cool with me :) Crossdressers (just like everyone else in the world) come in many shapes and sizes and we all have different likes and dislikes about this wonderful thing that we enjoy. Everyone here knows that wearing women's clothes feels nice. They grip you in different places than men's clothes, the textures of silk and lace feel different on your body and that strange different feeling is nice, and we like it .... and that's totally ok. In your own words you say you've never been happier since you've accepted Crossdressing in your life.

Don't think you have to "follow the pack" and copy or enjoy the same things as others. Crossdressing is for everyone, and we should all enjoy the differences between us while still recognizing that we all are sharing a common connection.

NathalieX66
11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Whatever "floats your boat" is cool with me :)
Don't think you have to "follow the pack" and copy or enjoy the same things as others. Crossdressing is for everyone, and we should all enjoy the differences between us while still recognizing that we all are sharing a common connection.

I second that.
Every single one of us is an idividual. You go where your heart desires the most. .... Be you.
and if I may go off topic here but this point I hope will insure that none of us fit a stereotype: I was watching a recent interview of early 80's glam rocker Gary Numan on youtube. Here is a man that wears eyemakeup and glitter nail polish, and whose hobby is being an aerobatic pilot, and owns several planes. A hobby like that would put any macho air force vet to shame.