PDA

View Full Version : Which Term Do You Prefer ????

mand
07-26-2005, 07:30 AM
Ok here's the question ...........................Knickers or panties, which term do you prefer?

Me I prefer "knickers".....................it just sounds so oohhhh :rolleyes:

Sorry Tristen, just an urge to do a pantie/knicker thread :lol:

love mand xxx

Tristen Cox
07-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Gawd here I was thinking you were doing a serious TG/CD/TS labels type thread, and you want to talk about panties :rolleyes:

I always liked the satin stretchy ones with the little lace filigree at the ...Dammit there I go :loser:

alise
07-26-2005, 07:37 AM
It's not that i prefer the term Panties, but it's the one easily in my mind. Probably cause of my english course .... but i do like knickers as well. Did it means the same thing exactly ?

Melissa Ryan
07-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I'll be on your side Mand, coz Tristen is always on about the others! :p
........Melissa.......... :love:

Wendy me
07-26-2005, 08:03 AM
i will go with panties i know you girls accross the puddle say knickers... ok cool look i had a veary busey year so far ..i learned (well almost) how to run a coumpter .....
found this place ....learned a bunch of them coumpter lingo thingys....words ...figgered out that yahoo thingy ....learned to get pictures up on the forum....chatted with girlfreinds all over the world learened some uk talk...(you got a lot of funny ways of talking english) look before i get tottaly confused leve my panties alone....btw...mand nice thread........

cdcheryl
07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I thought Knickers were the fan club of the New York Knicks

Clare
07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Isn't the term 'knickers' primariarly a UK one?

Mind you, us colonists usually follow the traditions of the mother country!

I don't hear the phrase much in Australia and usually only from the younger generation girls.

Christine

Jeanette H
07-26-2005, 08:57 AM
I voted "knickers," but I think we English girls are outnumbered here. I do think the word goes more nicely with various adjectives - "big", "frilly", "French" and "women's," for instance.

Stephenie
07-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Knickers brings up visins of white cotton, down to mid thigh, with a small white bow on each leg.

Panties, well the visions that it brings up belong on the adult site

Alison Anderson
07-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Panties! Ugh! I hate the word! It sounds so,,, sissy, like some sort of over compensation to make underwear sound more,,, girly! Ive heard GGs over hear laugh and say to guys We don`t call em panties, thats so gay! They`re undies, briefs, knickers even. G string, thongs as well but thats also a kind of rubber sandal for your feet. We do hear; panty liner, panty girdle etc.
I think of panties as the the things old ladies wear with their incontinence pads :D

Anyway, "Don`t get your knickers in a twist" over it! :D

Vivian Best
07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Ok here's the question ...........................Knickers or panties, which term do you prefer?

love mand xxx

Doesn't the preference depend on the country of your origin? English lasses would prefer nickers and Americans girls would prefer panties. Either way it's:Power: Just a thought.

Vivian

crispy
07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Isn't the term 'knickers' primariarly a UK one?

Christine
right. as a connoisseur of ebay womens' intimates I can confirm the ebay UK has a section for knickers, and ebay US has a section for panties.

so it's official.....................

girls do not wear panties in the UK.

Wendy me
07-26-2005, 10:02 AM
right. as a connoisseur of ebay womens' intimates I can confirm the ebay UK has a section for knickers, and ebay US has a section for panties.

so it's official.....................

girls do not wear panties in the UK.
is that like non lady like no undies???????

Krystal Lee
07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Mand, It appears at this point about 3 to 1 for panties. Yep, that seem about right. My average is go to buy one pair and end up with about three at least. :D Hugs Krystal.

P.S. sorry Tristen couldn't pass it up.

Rachel_740
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I always prefer knickers to panties, but then I'm a UK girl and as some have pointed out knickers is more a UK name.

Anne

Tamara Croft
07-26-2005, 10:52 AM

love mand xxx
I outta smack you for that..... grrrrrr.......... YET ANOTHER EFFIN PANTIE THREAD....... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..................

:evilbegon :evilbegon

Rachel_740
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Knickers brings up visins of white cotton, down to mid thigh, with a small white bow on each leg.

Stephanie,

You're describing bloomers :eek:

Anne

Stephanie Mancini
07-26-2005, 12:09 PM
According to the Concise English Oxford Dictionary knickers are described as womens or girl's undergarments whilst panties are descrbed as short trousers worn by children or short-legged or legless knickers worn by women and girls, so there you are girls proof positive its Knickers

Steph

Amelia Moxon
07-26-2005, 12:33 PM
I definatly prefer Knickers.

Michelle xxx

Imogen_Mann
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Knickers for me, a nice garment and a real old skool swear word too !

XX

Jayme.

Sweet Susan
07-26-2005, 01:13 PM
I thought knickers were those pants that came to the knees.

Melissa A.
07-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Glad I'm not the only one.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

kymmieLorain
07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Gawd here I was thinking you were doing a serious TG/CD/TS labels type thread, and you want to talk about panties :rolleyes:

And what is wrong with that????

Kymmie

Ophelia D'Void
07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Hmm, if you go without undergarments in the US they call it "Going Commando". Wonder if it's called "Going Dragoon", or something along that nature in the commonwealth?

Deborah
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
When i used to live in England my friends would always talk about nicking (stealing) candy from the store.

So would they be referred to now as (k)nickers :confused: :D

I call them panties. Just because.

Melissa A.
07-26-2005, 01:56 PM
My freshman year in college, 3 girls, British foriegn exchange students, came into my dorm suite and asked if me and my buddies would knock them up in the morning.

Sorry to get off topic, but cultural and speaking differences make for some great moments...

Hugs,

Tristen Cox
07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
And what is wrong with that????

Kymmie
You're excused

FionaAlexis
07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I use both words but I have to say I use 'knickers' in a more derogatory, third person way like in - 'its not MY job to pick up YOUR dirty knickers!'. In my mind the words "I want to rip your......" seem to be followed by 'knickers off'. And when you find someone sexy - do you want to get into their knickers or panties? Then again 'knickers' seems to me to the new age 'bloomers' that is under garments worn by overweight aging spinisters with a passion for sucking mint humbugs that rattle around their false teeth.

I use the word 'panties' to describe what I wear though it does sound a touch childish at times. And quite Australian as we do tend to finish every noun with 'ie' or 'ee'. But then again there is something more feminine and quite genteel about panties.

Fiona xx

Stormgirl
07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
prefer panties over knickers

Stormgirl
07-26-2005, 05:34 PM
My freshman year in college, 3 girls, British foriegn exchange students, came into my dorm suite and asked if me and my buddies would knock them up in the morning.

Sorry to get off topic, but cultural and speaking differences make for some great moments...

Hugs,

:eek: lol oh dear :confused:

Natalie x
07-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Knickers are knee length under-shorts, the size of parachutes, made of cardboard or sacking. Panties are brief, lacey, feminine things. No contest!

Tamara Croft
07-26-2005, 05:38 PM
ROLLMY:censor:EYES NO PANTIES..... PANTIES ARE EVIL......

Have you heard of LINGERIE?????? OMFG....... :evilbegon :evilbegon

Tristen Cox
07-26-2005, 05:44 PM
ROLLMY:censor:EYES NO PANTIES..... PANTIES ARE EVIL......

Have you heard of LINGERIE?????? OMFG....... :evilbegon :evilbegon
I like panties....

Stormgirl
07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I like female clothes :eek:

ronna
07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Of course you UK girls like knickers, we don't even have them in the US!
I like 'Pantene' because it reminds me of panties, even though it's a shampoo.
Plus, they have really great TV commercials. Or should I say 'telly?'

Tamara Croft
07-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Pantene is EVIL..... if only you knew what it REALLY did to your hair.... you wouldn't use it :p

Khriss
07-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I figured "undies" was a pretty generic term made more specific by preface words like, lace, frilly, Victoria's Secret, or pink,lavender etc.
Did'nt "panties" come from the Victorian root of -"pantaloons"?

( I'm gigglin' so hard I've messed My,,,,,,, "shorts") :eek: :D

crispy
07-26-2005, 10:41 PM
those are knickerbockers

Ninacd
07-27-2005, 08:07 AM
for me, panties... i just love the word and of couse it's what i've always said. I love to say and wear them... painties painties panties. Good i got that out of my system.

emmacduk
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I prefer knickers over panties well it's a uk thing :D

must say like wearing french knickers :dance:

Natalie x
07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I prefer knickers over panties well it's a uk thing :D

:dance:

Don't you get hot wearing both? :D

Jamie M
07-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I prefer knicker's i think , but that's only because when i say knickers i think , knickerbocker glory , hmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum , sorry , i'll stop drooling now :whistle:

Natalie x
07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
How about drawers, that's a good old English name? :o

ronna
07-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, Tamara, I have never actually used it, I just like watching their TV ads.
Did you know that most spell-checker programs don't even know the word "underthings?"
How absurd!

MarinaTwelve200
07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
It HAS to be PANTIES as I live in the USA---Here "Knickers" are (or were) the short, just below the knee, pants worn by young boys, before and through the 1930's. They also wore long, dark socks to cover the rest of their leg.
But of course, 'Yall Brits have odd names for things. Over HERE most guys would not be caught dead in a "Jumper",(unless they CD) but its no big deal there.

From "bonnets", to "skips" to "dustbins"---A wise man once said that the Americans and English were "two peoples seperated by a common language" :D

crispy
07-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Don't you get hot wearing both? :D

never tried wearing more than one at a time, but yes, I guess you would get pretty hot down there ..... :rolleyes: