PDA

View Full Version : Best Compliment

weekend woman
11-03-2009, 01:23 AM
What is the best compliment you ever recieved while dressed?
Saturday night on my way to a Halloween party I stopped by a once favorite watering hole because I saw a friends vehicle parked in their lot. I went in and went over to where she was sitting with a couple of friends and said "hello ladies" she finally recognized me and nearly fell off her bar stool. Was wearing my LBD, pearls, high heeled sandles, a curly RED wig, fem glasses etc. She told me to backup and take a twirl, looked me up and down and said "you got it goin' on girl" Definately made my night. The only problem is I think I may have outed myself. Oh well!

Amy Lynn3
11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
What a great way to be outed !!!

boardpuppy
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Not only great but I think subconsciously you wanted to "out" yourself in a public place to a friend. After a couple of days, if no negative vipes have set in you may have a GG shopping buddy. Oh, love those shopping sprees, especially when you get "mammed" and get to try on all those cute clothes.

Hugs,
Alice

mykhelee
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Way Cool!!!
My best compliment I guess was getting propped at a party, guess I passed.

joank
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Go girl. My best lately was being called 'My lady' by the greeter at Applebees the Friday before Halloween. (I was in full Mrs. USA, red, white and blue dress.)

Rachel Morley
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I think perhaps you maybe right about outing yourself ... you probably looked "just a little bit too good" to only have done this for a costume. I had a problem like this too in the past. People did kind of think slightly differently about me. They said things to me like: "you even move different in women's clothes".

Time will tell if you have outed yourself but even if you have, going on your friends reaction I think they are going to be just fine with it. You never know, it could be the beginning of something wonderful! :)

Alana Lucerne
11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
ya think? :)

bobi jean
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
The best compliment I ever recieved was shortly after the girls took me out and while I was NOT dressed. One of the girls, and I were talking one day about going out again. I made a comment about my makeup skills and that they needed a LOT of work before I'd attempt that again and she said "BUT YOU LOOKED LIKE A WOMAN".
I asked her if she'd liKe for me to schedule an eye exam for her,, we laughed, but she said she was serious, and I said, Yep from a mile away.