PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to think

bobi jean
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
This may get a tiny bit long. I spent all day (October 2) at work "dressed". I felt so comfortable, I decided to drive home with the same clothing on I had been in since 7 am. I leave work between 2 and 2;30 PM. Take the 5 north to my exit in north county (about 20 miles), the Rancho Sante Fe into San Marcos where I live. On a real good day with little traffic I can drive it in about 40 minutes. Yesturday was not a real good day, it took about 55 minutes to get home. Traffic back up before Manchester for 3 or 4 miles, down to a crawl for a mile or so. This is not the first time I have driven home with fem attire on, but it is the first time I had been dressed "ALL THE WAY", from the wig right down to the shoes, I am dressed. I intentionally stayed in the center lane, and drove just a little slower, to observe reactions to those that saw me.
this is where I am having trouble, and not sure what to think.
As I am driving the road, I am watching everyone pass me and those few that I passed. NOT ONE PERSON EVEN SO MUCH AS LOOKED MY WAY.
I have attached some still shots of what I had on. some shots of side views too. Don't get me wrong, I know that I do not pass and for the most part, could care less. I enjoy wearing this type of clothing and call myself a crossdresser, (whatever that is), well here are the pictures. You are more than welcome to 1. comment on my good looks and, my good taste in clothing but please hold all the negitive crap for later (just kidding). As always, all comments of any kind are welcome. As long as they can get by the administrators.
Oh!
Why is it no one looked. I sat threw several stop lights, two or three that had pedestrians (all but one were school age kids) walking across the road and only one boy even so much as glanced my way and even he didn't look at me. I don't know what he was looking at exactly but he never looked at my face or didn't appear to look at the windshield of the truck. Several semi's on the road and not a glance. untold number of vehicles passed me on both sides and I passed several.... not a glance...
IS EVERYONE THAT PREOCCUPIED????
I don't know if I should be pissed off or relieved.

I know the quality isn't very good but they are security video stills but totally able to show you how i was dressed and a good idea of what i looked like.

Nicole Erin
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Why did no one look at you? Well, part of it, they just thought it was some woman in the car and didn't give it a second thought, but mainly - You were in traffic. Come on, this is 2009, you know they were too busy playing on their cell phones to pay attention to the road.
Do you really think people pay attention to their surroundings now that everyone and their brother has a cell phone? Come on.:brolleyes:

Elsa Larson
11-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Be glad they were paying attention to their driving.

When stopped for traffic lights, you will notice that many men look around while most women look straight ahead.

Linda St. John
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Bobi Jean, you look pretty normal to me (and particularly attractive with your hair untucked ), I gotta agree with Nicole ...nobody is really looking at anyone else these days ...too involved with their own lives !:drink:

kellycan27
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
After pondering this question I thought about how I act while I am driving. I have to admit that I keep my focus on just that.. driving. I really don't pay attention to who's driving, just that they are staying clear of me. If you want people to notice you maybe yo could crank down the window and crank up the radio:heehee:
On the other hand if I am stuck in traffic I probably do look at he people in the cars around me,but I don't stare or make it obvious. Judging from your outfit and look, I'd probably just think you another girl going about her business. It is sort of odd that the truck drivers didn't pay special attention as they have a Birdseye view, and in my experience like to look down at us in hopes of getting a nice "leg shot" :lol2:

Kel

Jaquelyn
11-03-2009, 02:11 PM
The answer to one of your questions is.....yes, everyone is WAY too overoccupied to pay any attention....especially in CA!!! We move way too fast in life to slow down and enjoy it here. That said, looking at your photos, I, being a CD, might, have given you a second look, MAYBE. Quite honestly, would have just glanced to see what that lady was wearing or was doing or whatever, for that fleeting second in life. You look like half the working ladies of America, on their way home from work. LOL My first real public outing was earlier this year, at a resturant; it really blew me away, how many people dont really pay much attention at all, even in a venue where most of us people watch.....a few guys gave me a second glance, one older man I think noticed, but gave me a creepy smile, lol. Only one lady all night, other than the waitress actually gave any response that they caught on.....we met face to face at the door, and she hesitated, then smiled real big, and said.."hi sweetie, don't you look nice tonight" Thats it, thats all

Karren H
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I've found out no one cares... Everyones lives are so bust they don't have time to worry about what you are or aren't or aren't supposed to be wearing..

Sally2005
11-03-2009, 04:07 PM
You look like a lot of women. I doubt I would notice you in a car unless you started to wave at me.

bobi jean
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I still can't believe NO-ONE looked. My only hope is the "truckers". As I am unable to see most of them (their faces), then I must assume they cannot see mine either. If any of them did look they pretty much saw what they were looking for. My skirt was hiked up as far as it can go without showing panties. the windows were down, the radio was up, but not blasting loud, and my hair was blowing in the wind. the pictures shown were intentional, side views to show that I am not very pretty as a woman, a sitting view to show what truckers MAY have been looking at and by the way, none of them spent much time getting past me but that may have been the traffic situation. No matter, I had fun doing at and will do it again "SOON". I might even make this a weekly thing so I can start my own survey type thing.
I do know that this was the first time that no one looked. I drive this same route 5 times a week and have never, until yesturday, failed to be looked at by other drivers. I will admit that it is very few who look but always someone does and mostly women. I'll check again on the way home this afternoon and get back with numbers tomorrow.
Ya all have a good night and enjoy yourselves..
for now
Bobi

bobi jean
11-04-2009, 02:01 PM
trip home last night

ya all are right (i already knew that)

ONE PERSON LOOKED AT ME on the way home. At a stop light on Rancho Sante Fe, Real nice looking lady, about 40 I think, driving a BMW. From left to right is a left turn only lane, thru lane, thru lane and a right turn only lane (no turn on red). No one was in the right turn lane at the moment, I am first in line in the right thru lane, she is next to me in the left thru lane, and a 2 ton flat bed is in the left turn lane. she is talking on the cell phone and starts waving her arm to get my attention, when I look at her she says she was in the wrong lane and wanted to know if I'd wait a second at the green for her to pull in front. I let her because I thought she was wanting to get into the parking lot drive about 50 feet from the light, but I hate to think about what would have happened if there had been a vehicle coming up to turn right. I couldn't believe it,, she did not even look. the light turned green and she shot out in front of me and across the lane i am in and turns right. If i ever tried anything like that, a cop would be watching for sure, and short about 20 tickets from quota.......

StarrOfDelite
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
The good thing is that apparently everyone just viewed you as another middle-aged woman motorist. The bad thing is that you discovered what every middle-aged woman in America knows: People aren't interested in middle-aged women. Just ask my ex-wive(s).

melissacd
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I have walked in to a restaurant in my pseudo male mode (bright colored pants and T shirt, earrings, necklace, watch, long hair tied back in a pony tail and no make up on) and they still refer to me as m'am. I went to an antique market and went right up to a booth attendant and asked her (in my normal voice) if she was looking after a booth that had something I was interested in and she said no and then called the right attendant to say that the lady in the red jacket (me) needed some help.

The point is that a) people do not look very closely for the most part b) people generally do not care and if you have enough of the right femme signals in what you are wearing they will err on the side of caution and assume that you are female.

The fact of the matter is that the women can and do wear a lot less now that distinctively identifies them as women and so it does not take much to get the world around you to think that you are female. So when you are dressed the way that you were and you are travelling in a car either moving or stopped in traffic, there is little chance that anyone will notice, because it is traffic, because they are lost in their own thoughts, because you have enough femme signals that you get by even if they do look.

I have found this lack of observation on the part of most people to be a great Allie in the objective of getting around in public without any problems at all. I am amused by this confusion on people's part but I also love that they do not notice because it means that I can get on with my life and do what I want to do without bother.

You should be happy that you went unnoticed, it is a marker that you are doing enough to pass and that is a good thing :)

Melissa

charlie
11-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Hello Bobbi Jean!
Wow, you make it sound like you should have been busted and pointed at. You look fine. You look like a middle aged lady period. If close up you do not hold up as well...then people just fill in the dots and see what they expect to see...a woman. That, thankfully, is why any of us can go out and about. Keep packing that purse and hustling out the door!

Stephenie S
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Jiminy Cricket, BJ, what's your problem?

You WANT negative attention?

If you do, you are going to have to do a lot more than just drive home lookiing like a normal person. Why don't you try running down a few pedestrians? THAT should get you some negative attention.

You drive home in your car and wonder why nobody pays you any mind? Why do you think you are that important? Get over yourself girl. It ain't gonna happen.

BTW sweetie, you look just fine to me.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Andy66
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
You just look like a regular lady. If you really want to get noticed on the road in California, you're going to have to look a lot weirder than that. Next time wear a gorilla costume and tell us how many people notice. :lol: