PDA

View Full Version : Short Skirt

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I am a 63 year retired t girl living full time at home. I have many nice girl things but since I am enfemme all day long now I prefer jean skirts, as does my wife.

Most of my jean skirts hang 3 inches above the knee but I was telling my wife I would love to get something shorter. In the teen section at Wal Mart my wife found a skirt in my size that is 8 1/2 inches above the knee. I really like it but I was wondering if it is too short for a 63 year old t girl. Btw I have nice smooth girly legs, a slim build, and good makeup skills.

I don't have a pic of me in my new skirt yet but here are some other pics showing some of my other outfits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14128460@N07/

Tell me what you think.

DLCarter
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM
No, it's not too short. You look really cute. I wear a short dress and I am 74 with good legs too. I wish I could dress for my wife but that is not possible.

kellycan27
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
if you are comfortable with wearing something that short why not? I am 5'7" and I think that wearing a skirt that was 8.5" inches above my knee would not be comfortable as even the slightest bend over would expose my bum. And don't forget that when you sit they ride up even higher, so be sure and wear some sexy panties :heehee:

Kel

sherri
11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
my wife found a skirt in my size that is 8 1/2 inches above the knee ... I was wondering if it is too short for a 63 year old t girl.Some older ladies (of both genders) can pull it off and some can't. I guess that goes for any age, huh? Anyway, I hate arbitrary rules that say we older gals can't do this or that. I see stylish older ladies every once in awhile who look absolutely fabulous in short skirts and form-fitting outfits. If that's who you are, go for it. Just keep in mind that 8 inches of thigh might not be appropriate everywhere -- what might be great for clubbing or hanging with friends or chilling at home isn't necessarily the smart choice for the mall.

Temptation
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
In the teen section at Wal Mart my wife found a skirt in my size that is 8 1/2 inches above the knee. I really like it but I was wondering if it is too short for a 63 year old t girl.
You're 63 and shopping in the teen section?
What's wrong with this picture?
Sorry, but you need to dress your age.

JamieOH
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM

WOW.. I wouldnt even think to go there... What is age but a number, We are already pushing the "natural" order of things, by not being the male form to which we are told to conform to. If we dont allow the fact that we are "Male" dictate what type of clothes we wear, why allow age to dictate it? It should be about what you feel good in. You go girl!

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Let me clarify something. I wasn't shopping in the teen section. I found a mini jean skirt on a tg site. My wife found something similar for 1/7 the cost.

sherri
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Let me clarify something. I wasn't shopping in the teen section.Don't let that comment bother you. Just one person's opinion, not a law for all of us. I shop juniors all the time because 1) I can wear junior sizes; and 2) I like youthful styles - not exclusively, but that's where to find cute skirts, shorts and jeans. I see middle-aged women wearing short denim and khaki skirts all the time during the summer -- do you think they find them in the grandma section? I don't think so. :)

And just for the record, juniors sections aren't limited to teens. In fact, as best I can tell, the sizes carried by stores like Liz&Co and NY&Co are basically juniors, but you don't see any teenagers in there. So there are lots of ways for you to be youthfully stylish and accentuate your pretty legs without thinking microskirts are your only option. Just saying.

Rogina B
11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
It is in your own world!! Enjoy what you want ! If your bum shows[as Kelly puts it,lol]It is your wife seeing it,Right??Please say yes on that one!!:2c:

cd_jamie
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
if the item you want is mixed in with the teen stuff who cares what section its in if its the item you are looking for.

Sarah Summerfield
11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Go for it your never to old.
I hope i look that good at your age.

Kimmy55
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Excuse me.I'm 55 and buy all my clothes in the teen/juniors section.If it looks good on you and you like it wear it

CherylFlint
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
If you've the legs (and the ass) of course the answer is "Yes!". You gotta have the good legs, though. Have fun, I do.

AmiFL
11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
You are dressing to please yourself and your wife. (who approves of your dressing, lucky you) I looked at your photos and look wonderful. You have great legs and put forward a very feminine shape. Go for it and post a picture soon.

Temptation
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Excuse me.I'm 55 and buy all my clothes in the teen/juniors section.If it looks good on you and you like it wear it
Are you dressing like this only at home or in public?
If it's in the privacy of your home, sure, do whatever floats your boat.
If an older cd dresses like this in public, you won't blend in, and it will only draw attention to you and you'll look like a total fool. But hey, it's your life.

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't go out in public and if i did i would never wear that skirt.

jenna_woods
11-04-2009, 07:24 PM
go for it girl and enjoy it,

trannie T
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Judging by your photos you have the legs of a 17 year old, you are dressing your age.

Thalia
11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I think you should dress age appropriate. Would you admire a 63 year old (in any shape) dressing like a teenager? I wouldn't....but if you're comfortable with it, go for it.

AmandaM
11-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Dress how you want in your own home or at some "event", in the general public, have restraint.

erickka
11-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Girl, with legs as nice as yours, the shorter the better. If you are comfortable with it, (nice short skirts) then that is all that matters.

DaisyG
11-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Go for it, Sasha Anne. With your figure and really great legs you'll look and feel just fine. :)

I turn 70 this month, and wear denim skirts while doing much of the housework. None of mine are that short, but I have been looking for an affordable one about that length. Every one I've found so far is tagged with an exorbitant price. Thank you for suggesting Wal-Mart. Our local one is out of the way for me so I rarely go there, but I'll be stopping there tonight.

Daisy

sissystephanie
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Are you dressing like this only at home or in public?
If it's in the privacy of your home, sure, do whatever floats your boat.
If an older cd dresses like this in public, you won't blend in, and it will only draw attention to you and you'll look like a total fool. But hey, it's your life.

I disagree! I am 77 and dress in short skirts or dresses frequently. My late wife preferred me to dress that way and I still do. I don't buy my clothing in the Teen or Junior section because, unfortunately for me, they don't fit! But I live by the mantra that you are only as old as you think you are. Biologically I am 77, but I look and act much younger. Yes, my mini skirts show off my "bum" if I bend over, but I always wear pretty panties so who cares!:D

As far as drawing attention, I go out dressed like that almost every day! But I do it differently than most of the ladies here on the Forum. Since my wife is no longer here to help me, I don't wear a wig or makeup. Just a guy in a short skirt! That will draw attention, right? Not at all!! I have found if you walk around like you own the place (in other words with confidence!) nobody pays much attention to you.Oh yes, once in a while someone will do a double take and maybe laugh or giggle, but do I care? Not at all! I know who and what I am, and the rest of the world can think what they want!

I went out to breakfast this morning dressed. I wore a skirt which was eight inches above my knee, but because the temperature is only about 50 F, I did wear tights. My skirt is gray and the tights are black. My Tee is pink and my bra shows through the Tee. The J. Chistophers I went to was almost full, mostly ladies! Several of them took second looks at me, but that is all that happened. Of course the waitresses are used to seeing me enfemme, so all they do is greet me and often tell me they like my outfit!

So, Sasha, wear what you comfortable with and don't worry about other people. It is your body and you can do with as you please! As long as you don't offend your lovely wife!!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM
In fact I go to the gym to work out that way, but I do wear short Bike shorts underneath them so as not to over expose myself. At home don't need the bike shorts underneath. But I love the shorter skirts and I'm 53. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Rachel Morley
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi Sasha Anne,

As you know by our emails, I think you have a great figure for short skirts and dresses. You're a full time t-girl .... but you spend almost all of it in the house, so it doesn't matter what you wear or what section of the store it comes from. Just enjoy your cute outfits and wear what you like. :)

Hugs
Rachel

jacques
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
hi,
I started off cross dressing by wearing tights - so I love short skirts that show off my 'fashion' tights. It may not be 'age appropriate' but then I dress in private so the only person who sees me is my adorable wife.
luv to you all
Jacques