PDA

View Full Version : should I worry?

Lorileah
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I check my mail (yes the real one mail, remember rain sleet gloom of night?) and there is a hand printed letter from a local shopping center (one of those outdoor things we used to call downtown but was replaced by, of all the logical things a climate controlled indoor out of the weather but now everyone thinks we should shop in the snow and wind and go from store to store). Thinking "how nice, a client mailed me something from their workplace" I opened it and there was 8 40% off coupons for a clothing store size 14 and up. Should I be concerned that someone knows that I dress?

Oh! 40% off though...who cares?!?! ;)

Miranda09
11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes.....be afraid...be VERY afraid!!!!! Or not......go for the gold sis. ;)

az_azeel
11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Lori i would be more annoyed at there cheek... offering you larger sizes only... :heehee: but what the heck.. go for it.. you cant beat retail therapy.. ;)

janelle
11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Don't wory sweetie, be yourself. Have fun & buy things if you need them. Life is to short to keep worrying about other people. If your happy the "H" with them. That was the lesson I had to learn, make myself happy b4 I could make anyone else happy. Just relax & enjoy.

Good luck dear, HUGS,
Janelle

Lorileah
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Don't wory sweetie, be yourself. Have fun & buy things if you need them. Life is to short to keep worrying about other people. If your happy the "H" with them. That was the lesson I had to learn, make myself happy b4 I could make anyone else happy. Just relax & enjoy.

Good luck dear, HUGS,
Janelle

But ...but...how did they know I liked women's clothes? There must be a camera hidden here somewhere...yeah that's it they are all out to get me. I wouldn't be paranoid if they weren't out to get me

PS I am a 10-12 thank you very much...but I can make a 14 work :D

TGMarla
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Since they obviously want your business, I'd say it's really a positive thing.

sherri52
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I was at an auction last month and the auctioneer made it a point to let me know of a wig he was going to auction. Must know something. We leave suttle hints everywhere without evne realizing it.

kimmy p
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Don't worry. I get things from shops I don't know all the time. And if they do know who cares what some strangers know? They still want your business. That's what counts to them. Not how you dress.

Barbara Jo
11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Everyone is on some sort of mailing list and you are most likely on one for larger size womans clothing for whatever reason.

The fact that it was hand written should not alarm you. In these difficult economic times, merchants are trying all sorts of tatics to draw in customers.

SuzanneS
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
There must be a camera hidden here somewhere...yeah that's it they are all out to get me. I wouldn't be paranoid if they weren't out to get me

Don't know how many of us have ever seen the Truman Show with Jim Carrey, but sometimes I swear my life is like that.....I keep looking for the cameras,but haven't found them yet! :tongueout

Suzanne

cd_jamie
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
big brother is watching... take the coupons and run.

janelle
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I am not sure how they now, but some that I worked with said to me u seem different what happened. I said nothing, & when I was ready I let them know. For me I had to be sure of myself & than the rest really didn't matter. Look deep inside urself. Trust urself cause one will never do anything to hurt themselves. It is not easy sweetie but if ur honest with urself that is all that matters.

Good luck sweetie,

even more hugs 4 u,
Janelle

Jennifer in CO
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
if you paid with a credit card your purchase was recorded...and tracked...indicating your manor for each purchase (which card), what you purchased (within that barcode is the item - description/size/color), when (day/date) and other inter-company information (who rang it up, register number, etc). If you have a "history" of purchasing a specific size or what ever, they can "target market" you...

Jenn

ShannonIL
11-03-2009, 09:36 PM
maybe worry about your bank account :)

then again, at 40% off.. not much to worry about there either!

Karren H
11-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Personally, I'd be more insulted that they thought I was gravitationally challenged than worried they knew I crossdressed... By default I assume every store owner in the greater Pittsburgh area knows I crossdress... Those that don't just haven't been paying attention..

SuzanneS
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
"gravitationally challenged"

I thought that I had heard them all! hahaha!:D

Suzanne

PretzelGirl
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
And who did you meet and talk to at the Halloween party? Secret Admirer? :heehee:

kellycan27
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Everyone is on some sort of mailing list and you are most likely on one for larger size womans clothing for whatever reason.

The fact that it was hand written should not alarm you. In these difficult economic times, merchants are trying all sorts of tatics to draw in customers.

:heehee:

donnatracey
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Very interesting!

Along the same lines, yesterday I got an unsolicited e-mail, my address only, from Lane Bryant! Have never bought anything from them (though had a quick bra measurement there 2 weeks ago...:heehee:)

Am I worried?....not really.....though would have preferred a 40% discount to entice me to go shopping there....:)

sissystephanie
11-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Lorileah, stores and other companies buy mail lists based on many demographics. The fact that you are a CD (darn good looking one!!) probably had nothing to do with you getting the mailer. Especially since you wear a smaller size! I am so jealous!!:tongueout

Oh, BTW, I am an Insurance agent and over the years have done a great deal of bulk mailings, so I do know quite a bit about it.

Teri Jean
11-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Lori it could be there is a SA has offered these to you as a way to say thanks for your business. besides if they get you in the store you probably spend more because of the savings. Be verwy verwy careful..................................they want you to go broke saving money. LOL

Teri

Fab Karen
11-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, go look. If they're laid out on a giant mouse-trap, I'd say not a good idea.

erickka
11-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I have never ordered anything from Frederick's of Hollywood, and somehow started getting catalogs on a regular basis. This proves the fact that anyone can get a "mailing list" to promulgate this form of advertising. So, IMO fear not, and if it is something you want or need, go for it!

leia
11-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I guess I might be to blame for leia getting so much mail . As I had her 4 credit cards made one for Roman's, Dillards, one for Pacsun and one for all of us girls favorite stores Victoria Secrets. now I get 8 or 9 different catalogs from lane Briant and others. Thank goodness I can stay a brest of the sales. But I mainly shop at Dot;s and Rainbow's younger styles for bigger girls.

Nicole Erin
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
PS I am a 10-12 thank you very much...but I can make a 14 work :D

Size 10-12?

You bitch :Angry3:

AmberLynn
11-04-2009, 11:33 AM
10 to 1 says they got your email from an unsuspected source. alot of time's ill buy thing's from ebay with paypal then i start getting mail from varius place's telling me they have speicals on things i have bought recently. rarely i get thing's in the mail but my wife and i are ruffly the same size so meh.... the fact is a deal is a deal :daydreaming: Id be all over it,and if it worries you that it's a set up of somesort take a few girl freinds with you:thumbsup: strengh in number's girlfriend

Lorileah
11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Last week "Lori" got an email from Bank of America with an attached mortgage application.Honestly addressed to "Lori" (the email addy isn't "lori"). I didn't even know Lori was looking for a new home.

Please read and sign the attached pdf file and fax it back. I would check Lori's credit rating but I know how she handles money (I have been shopping with her and she spends like crazy) so it can't be all that great. Besides she is never home. The little hussy doesn't even have a job! Wait maybe she has a rich boyfriend....hmmm....with a big life insurance policy:heehee:

Maybe this personality is getting too strong for me to control?

keena
11-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I agree. They are in business to make money and our bucks are as good as anyone's; especially nowadays.

Sometimes strange things do happen. Some time ago I purchased some stockings at a big chain store. As I paid for them the clerk a very attractive middle age lady, asked with a big smile, "Are these for You?" Was I angry? Heck no. Surprised ? Yes. Stupid? Yes. I SAID NO.