PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo's

BarbraAnne
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Do you have tattoo's that show when dressed en-fem? Do you think that these tattoo's ruin your portrayal of the woman you wish to be seen as?
TTFN, Barb

cd_jamie
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I got 1 tattoo on my back and its far from fem I wanna get it removed..

kellycan27
11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I have a girly tatoo on my lower back. I like it and so does my b/f.

marisa
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
i have 3 tattoo's on my legs and 1 on each arm. the only problem i have with my tattoo's is the concern that some one i know will reconize them if i go out. tattoo's and cd'ing have one thing in common. we all have our own style, wich in turn lets us be just a bit different from everyone else.

MissyW
11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I do have a shark tattoo on one of my calves. Its from a Jimmy Buffett album cover. it doesn't seem to make a difference when dressed.

Teri Jean
11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I have my military unit insignia tattooed on my shoulder/upper arm and with a half sleeve it is covered. But there are so many women out there with full arm tats it really isn't something I think to much about. Even in a T shirt the tail of the cobra is all that shows.

Teri

Lorileah
11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
When I got my tattoo, like when I got my ears pierced, I considered my female side. So I have two kitty paw prints on my outside right ankle. My nephew did the work and he wanted them spiraling all the way up ..well all the way up. My next is going to be a pink breast cancer ribbon, just haven't decided where. My tattoo is visible when I wear skirts or shorts.

PrincessTia
11-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I have a tattoo on each bicep. Neither are feminine. But, my agreement with my wife is that I can't shave my chest (it's her pillow, and I would never take that away from her), so I wear tops that cover my upper arms and chest anyway.

Tia

Kinky with Ink
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
I have a traditional Japanese half sleeve on my right arm and a celtic tribal on my left. I think in the long run I'll get another half sleeve on my left arm to match the one on my right. As far as enfemme goes I try to incorporate my tatoos with my outfit. The good thing about traditional Japanese tatoos is they look good on both guys and girls. I do kinda wish I wasn't in the middle of a purge stage of my life when I got these done. But I guess they kind of fit my punk/beach bum personality. I've seen plenty of very feminine and beautiful females with rather large tatoos that were very visable. I think the key is good use of colors that compliment both you and the tatoo.

Kari Lynn Franks
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
i want to get a cute tinkerbell above my ankle i dont care who sees it

Jilmac
11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I have one small tat on my left forearm. It's the head and shoulders of a girl with a small banner underneath. The banner used to have a name in it but I had it blacked out when I married my ex wife. When I wear anything with less than a 3/4 length sleeve, it shows. I'm too old to have it removed or try to cover it with a more feminine one (not worth the cost at my age) so I just have to live with it.

Scotty
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I do have a shark tattoo on one of my calves. Its from a Jimmy Buffett album cover. it doesn't seem to make a difference when dressed.

Fins to the left, and Fins to the right....;)

I have a completely femme one on my left ankl/calf and a semi-femme one only because most people can't read the Kanji.

I plan on adding to them in the future, they will be 100% femme when I'm done, Tomboy femme but femme...

trannie T
11-04-2009, 07:16 PM
When I was younger I got a tattoo of a bulldog. As I have aged it looks more and more like a Shar Pei.

Heather_Marie
11-04-2009, 08:19 PM
i want to get a cute tinkerbell above my ankle i dont care who sees it

I'm with you Carrie I want a tink on my upper thigh I think that's very fem that why I want one. :heehee:

Karen__Starr
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I have two female tats and they usually are showing. One on the back of my shoulder and the other is on the small of my back.

AmandaM
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, I have two on my shoulders. I lasered off the two on my forearms. If I find more bucks, the rest will go.

sherri52
11-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I have one large tattoo on my left shoulder. Seeing as it is a tat of the first cavalry, a unit I was in in vietnam and no women were allowed in the unit. I guess it does take away from the femininity. There are too many memories that go with it so having it removed is never going to happen

Jackiefl
11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I have a rose left ankle and a purple dragon on my right shoulder,very girly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carly CD
11-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I have a large tat on my right upper arm, which is a tribute to my dad,an american flag,hueys flying in formation and his unit patches from Vietnam so yes it's manly but it's not going anywhere.The one on my left upper arm is lady luck with a 7,horseshoe and a 4 leaf clover,lots of color so it could be uni sex I guess.My left shoulder blade is a fairy so thats not a problem.

Fran Moore
11-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't have any tat's or piercings, and don't intend to get any. It's one less thing to worry about when "out and about". I know that is probably considered "old fashioned" in this day and age, but so be it.:battingeyelashes:

CherylFlint
11-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Bet you TEN to ONE that, if you asked an old person with a tattoo if they regretted getting it, their answer would be "Yes!".
I'd say no to any kind of tattoo.

Diane Smith
11-05-2009, 01:09 AM
I have both legs and my back fully tattooed, and did it fully intending to show them off only in girl mode. They are mostly floral, feminine designs, with themes of butterflies and famous artists' sketches of high heeled shoes woven in. They always get lots of attention and comments when I'm out and about, but are also easily hidden, if I want to wear long pants, high boots or opaque tights. Most comments are positive, and I like the way they look, so overall I wouldn't change anything. The negative would probably be if they were seen when I was in guy mode -- the images would be difficult to explain!

- Diane

Karen__Starr
11-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Bet you TEN to ONE that, if you asked an old person with a tattoo if they regretted getting it, their answer would be "Yes!".

I am sure many would indeed say they regretted getting one. For that reason I considered this for about six months before getting each one of mine along with selecting spots that would not be an issue. So those who are thinking about a tat should not do so on a whim but make sure it's right for them.

Jilmac
11-05-2009, 03:05 PM

The only regret I had with mine was the name of the hooker that my tat represented and I had it covered a long time ago. Since my coming out though, I do have some regret, if I had the dough I would have a girly tat cover over this one but concealing makeup is a lot cheaper.

JenniferRose
11-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I got 3 tatts, both arms and back, but I dont regret getting any of them how ever it makes me a bit nervious that someone might recognize me by them

StarrOfDelite
11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Got a girl in Boston Mass
Marine Corps Emblem on her Ass
Navy Anchor on her Chest
The Thing she sits on is the Best

My Eagle Globe and Anchor are on my forearm. Makeup helps a lot, and since I have muscular arms I usually wear long sleeves anyway.

Dutchess
11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
uhh ,, ummmm oh, oh :heehee:

Well we both love that art form in this household.. I am getting my old tramp stamp ( lower back piece ) in the photo album extended around my waist and down around the center of the lowest part of my belly ,, more hibiscus,, seahorses and centered with the Sacred Heart . I am in the middle of it now and will add pics as soon as it is through .....it all has meaning ,,in my life , my family ....

Aubrey Green
11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
I have 3 that show in sleeveless or tanks. Nothing outrageous, my sons initials on my left shoulder, a band of thorns around my right bicep, and my mood tattoo "WGAS" on my right shoulder. Depending upon my mood, it either stands for "with God along side" or "who gives a s$%t". I see girls everyday with multiple tats on their arms and such. Not unusual these days.

brittdoll
11-07-2009, 05:22 PM
One tattoo on each leg - I would like to get them removed but don't have the money or want to dea witha that pain - I just use tattoo cover before putting on my hose.

Alice Torn
11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I have never gotten one, because of the permanance of them. I really wish the tattoo business would come up with tattoos, which only last a year! That way, if people change their minds, the thing will just go away! I hear of people, with tattoos with their boyfriend, or girlfriend' name on, long after they have split up!!!

Alicia Grey
11-07-2009, 08:24 PM
no tats for me thank you

Kinky with Ink
11-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I have never gotten one, because of the permanance of them. I really wish the tattoo business would come up with tattoos, which only last a year! That way, if people change their minds, the thing will just go away! I hear of people, with tattoos with their boyfriend, or girlfriend' name on, long after they have split up!!!

Lol that's why my first rule with tattoos is no names or people. As much as we would like them to not every relationship will last a lifetime but the tattoo certainly will. My tattoos are more representations of my personality and where I've been in life.

AmberNation
11-08-2009, 02:08 AM
I've thought about getting one, but can't think of anything that I wouldn't eventually get sick of. And I would have to find a good tattoo artist.

Tracey Corset
11-08-2009, 02:51 AM
i have a unicorn on each breast,visible in all my pics, i love them, so does the wife, gives her something nice to look at !!!!! , they are not masculine but pretty, i think so anyway

Annie D
11-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I agree that anyone thinking about getting a tattoo should give it a lot of thought. Additionally, a tattoo should have some significance to you and represent something important in your life. I was in my late 50's when my parents fell ill with the cause of their death. Because I wanted to have something permanent to remember them and also to signify my feminine side, I had a red rose tattooed on the front side of my right and left hip. The top of each rose can be seen just above my panty line. I waited about another year and got a butterfly "tramp stamp" to signify that my life was changing and I would no longer be as "straight" as everyone perceived me to be. Another six months passed and I continued to make a statement about my feminine side.

I have found a young female artist who is quite accepting and together we have designed several more beautiful tattoos on my back, stretching from my original upper butt one to the bottom of my bra strap. The forest scene contains hummingbirds, more butterflies, lotus flowers and a series of flowers that extend from my lower back around to my original roses. The entire set of work has taken 6 years to be where I am today. We plan on some additional ones to complete the canvas, which I will start again around Thanksgiving.

Yes, they are addicting, just like the state of my crossdressing. Although many will see a tattoo as a vulgar and ugly permanent disfigurement of your boday, I see it as a way of expressing my feminine side without medically altering my gender.

Kendra08
11-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I have 2 large tats on each forearm and they aren't very feminine at all. I look back now and think I was so afraid of this side of me that I put these in visible places as a way of hiding from myself, if that makes sense. I have 10 in total and don't want to get rid of them just wish they fit all of me.

miss robyn
11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I have my last name and a flag that represents my name on my left shoulder. I haven't gone out in public well in enfem but if I did def would have to wear something to cover it up. Pry would get noticed or recognized for it.

I want to get another, cause they are addicting, but I'm not sure yet on what to get, and I am def a person who has to think about it for a long time before getting it.

Wanted to get 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' across my chest. Pry my favorite quote, but I feel as though it has no meaning in my life right now, so that got scratched. Wanted to get my favorite number '13' but decided not to.

Wanna Be Amanda
12-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I have a flower on my foot, and a pink bow tramp stamp. Should I get a butterfly on my other foot?

Samantha Girl
12-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I have one tattoo so far, on my left shoulder, which is visible in many of my pics, I am proud to show it off ;)

I am a giant music dork, it is the Pearl Jam "Alive" symbol. I plan on getting another on my right shoulder to symbolize my other favorite musician, Juliana Hatfield. I can' wait to get it. It'll be nice to have a beautiful woman's face who I admire right there forever! :D I've loved both of their music since I was 15, I need the tattooes! To each her own...

I agree, think long and hard before getting a tattoo. I had a lot of friends in high school and early 20's get some crappy tattoos. They kept trying to get me to do it. At the time I didn't have anything I found so meaningful to "stamp" my body with. Plus I saw people with all these terrible tattooes so I didn't ;)

Oh and me and my girl plan on getting the number 7550 on our bods somewhere at some point. It symbolizes this life changing amazing drive across the country we took in 06, it's the mileage we drove :D

Jessica Who
12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a really nice tattoo on my arm and I love it

Jilmac
12-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Yep, I have one smack dab in the middle of my left forearm and it shows when I wear anything shorter than a 3/4 length sleeve. Having it removed isn't an option I can afford. :sad:

Joanie_Shakti
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
When I was younger, I thought tattoos were cool. But as they gained popularity, I started to dislike them. Sort of like I felt about goatees before and after that fad. Recently, I've started thinking of getting a Hindu oriented tattoo. Either a Sri Yantra, which is a geometric representation of the god and goddess, or a Shiva Shakti tatoo, where they share one body, half man and half woman, with both male and female heads. (See attached images.) I want it on my hip as that's a more feminine place to me and I don't want it to show in every day life. And I don't want a very big one.

A couple of problems with this is that for the size I want, the detail won't be that great, and probably can't be done. The other thing is that the Hindus frown on meat eaters wearing their images and feel that wearing them below the waist is disrespectful.

This is something I'm just thinking about and due to the permanence, will have to think about it for several months. Though I am impulsive, this isn't something to do on impulse. I have started to research local parlors and bought some paper where you can use your inkjet printer to print up transfers so you can "try before you buy." They don't last through a tub soaking though.

I thought it was interesting of the timing of my seeing this thread since it's been around for a while. I just started sporting the Yantra image on my hip this week. I feel like Goldilocks, I think the first one was too small to have the artist tattoo it well (too bad as it was my prefered size), and the one I just removed tonight was bigger than I want.

About twenty years, I befriended a guy in my college English class. When he found I used to frequent a certain strip bar he asked me if I knew that barmaid, Loretta. He told me he watched her breasts get tattoos. they were practice tattoos for his tattoos! :eek:

My thought was, what kind of a person would get a practice tattoo?

Spacey
12-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I have both legs and my back fully tattooed, and did it fully intending to show them off only in girl mode. They are mostly floral, feminine designs, with themes of butterflies and famous artists' sketches of high heeled shoes woven in. They always get lots of attention and comments when I'm out and about, but are also easily hidden, if I want to wear long pants, high boots or opaque tights. Most comments are positive, and I like the way they look, so overall I wouldn't change anything. The negative would probably be if they were seen when I was in guy mode -- the images would be difficult to explain!

- Diane

I think tattoos are wonderful. I won't stop with just one. I'd have more but I'm too picky...er...uhm...poor. They are a beautiful expressive form of art. I know many pretty genetic girls with full sleeve work.

SarahLynn
12-11-2009, 01:22 AM
I considered tats twice in my life. When I first went into the service I thought about getting a nautical design on one arm. When I went overseas I thought about having my name tat on my other arm.

I have neither and am glad I only thought about them. Why don't I have any? Because there are somethings that just are not worth destroying. And in my view a tat on your body is distruction of what is suppose to be a perfect canvas already.

Just my .02 and if you have one good for you. I admit i have seen several on more than one GG which i thought to be very beautiful but they are just not my style.

SarahLynn

Marissa
12-11-2009, 01:35 AM
It took me almost 13 years after i saw what I wanted on my arm for a tattoo..so yes i wanted it and i wouldn't regret it if i'm 70+..as a guy :) dressed??? ... well yes i don't mind it, but like others said, it could give me away if enough dick tracey was applied.. its one of a kind.. sort of.. its masculine.. so yes it takes away, but i love it. no butterflies, etc for me..too much and it would give me away to close friends and family..not that i wouldn't mind it.. but not the time for it.

in reference to tattoos.. I want to portray good and evil..half way there.. just missing the good.. :)

funny thing is, my daughter kept hearing me talking about it so she went out and got two tattoos while spending the summer with her mom..(yes she knew better then to try that around me..lol) anyway..she got two Hello Kitties..one with angel wings and the other with horns.. too cute.. both on her upper back..

Hugs,

Vicki-Z
12-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Don't have a tat. But, would love a girly one. Probably a butterfly on my lower back.

Vicki :hugs:

Samantha Girl
12-11-2009, 03:49 AM
I have neither and am glad I only thought about them. Why don't I have any? Because there are somethings that just are not worth destroying. And in my view a tat on your body is distruction of what is suppose to be a perfect canvas already.

Just my .02 and if you have one good for you. I admit i have seen several on more than one GG which i thought to be very beautiful but they are just not my style.

SarahLynn

I understand your opinion, though the sentence about your body being a perfect canvas is kinda ironic. Canvases are for paintin! :p Just saying

Joanie, that's a really cool idea! Hope you figure it out ;)