PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is a good idea or will even work but..

JamieOH
11-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I dont want to "transition".. I mean, as feminine as I feel I am, and as much as I would truly love to wake in the morning and be a woman, I have an idea of what that would do to my family, my friends, my career.. And I am not willing to take that risk.. BUT, I have been taking some herbals.. "Natural Relief for Women".. it has some plant estrogens in it, and I have heardlots of mixed results on these, but nothing really on this particualr pill, probably because it's so dang expensive.. but I digress.. I was wondering what other's thoughts/experiences are on this.. My reasoning is, I want to be a bit more feminine in appearance, and I want to see if this will enhance my breasts.. I actually already have about a b+/C cup, and they have a nice shape to them, but I want some of the rest of my body to fit the feeling inside, ya know? I dunno, grasping at straws.. I cant do much, my wife would freak if she knew... I gotta do something for me though.. I do all the housekeeping, cooking, taking care of the kid stuff, laundry, dishes, and I work 7am to 6pm every day.. I need to have something that is all for me, and makes me happy.. but will this crap work???

sissystephanie
11-03-2009, 11:38 PM
As a person who has been a CD for over 60 years, and tried virtually everything known to man, my answer would be Maybe! Not much help, is it?

First of all, if you are taking any kind of prescription medication for anything at all you should let your doctor know you are taking herbal hormones! Otherwise you may cause problems you really don't want.

Next, herbal hormones may help. But only if you take them on a regular basis for a very long period of time. I am talking about years!! Even then, depending on your body chemistry there may not be any change in breast size or anything else. I have had natural 40 B's for most of my life. I have taken Estroven, an Herbal hormone supplement, for many years, in an effort to not only keep my 40B's as I aged, but alo to try to make them larger. They are still the same size, and a little firmer than they were, but have not grown in size. My doctor, who knows about the Estroven and gave me the warning I gave you, said they probably will not grow. He said if I took real female hormones they might grow, but there would also be a strong chance of developing cancer! I won't take that risk!!

I guess my advice would be to save your money for pretty clothes, and be happy with what you have!!

Karren H
11-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Herbs will do nothing for you... Go to the Body Issues forum and read up on what you can and can't do...

Chloe Renee
11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Good idea? Probably not, for two reasons.
1 You're hiding something from your wife. That never ends well.

2 If you are self medicating you run a risk of damaging your liver, messing up you bp. See the body issue forum for details.

Viv
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I too wanted to do something about my body in subtle ways and tried herbal supplements. After much research and carefully following directions on the amounts to take everyday, I came to the conclusion after a year that it didn't do anything.

However, the herbs I took (researched at the Kloan Kettering site) did lower my bad cholesterol. The clinical studies all agreed.

So if nothing else, I got a bit healthier-but that was me. I'm not a doctor (but I wish I had their salary :D)