PDA

View Full Version : As surprised as can be...

Melissa A.
07-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi, girls.

I'm a little hesitant to write this post because I don't want to be thought of as a copycat or want anyone to think I am just fishing for compliments. But I'm pretty awestruck by this. I read Mand's recent post a couple of weeks ago concerning her experiment as a "girl" on a dating site. I wasn't surprised by the response she got, I consider Mand absolutely beautiful and completely passable. So I was thinking about this while fooling around on the computer last week and thought, "hmmmm..." I didn't go onto a dating site, I simply went to my Melissa yahoo profile and changed the gender from male to female and deleted crossdresser. Just did it for fun and didn't expect much... Oh my gosh! I have recieved dozens of IMs from guys! several come in every day! And they do sound sincere. I really don't know what to make of this. I am somewhat content with how I look as a girl, ya work with what ya have, and try to improve. But I know, or at least was pretty darn sure that I am not nearly in the same class as the girls here who actually could pass in broad daylight, anywhere. I'm not even close to that, in my opinion. And I don't even consider that a really good picture of me.(same as my avatar). I know we are our own worst critic, but I've got to believe that almost all of these guys are desperate, or not very bright. But I must admit, although I am not going to reply to any of them, and am changing my profile back, It has been quite an amazing feeling. Even if they all must be blind, it was pretty cool. Not without a little guilt, though. I do feel kind of bad for being deceptive.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Jamie M
07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I think this just goes to show , as you already say , that we are our own worst enemies .

Melissa , there is nothing about your avatar that i would say is the least bit unbelievable and i can quite beliebe that you're being hit upon quite often .

I can understand you're feelings though . I don't at all consider myself gay . I love my wife dearly . I have no desire to be with a man , however , the idea that a man might find me attractive is a very nice form of flattery .

luv julia

mand
07-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh Thankyou Melissa, I really don't feel so guilty now ;)

Seriously Melissa, I'm not suprised at all, I look at you on you're avatar pic and see a very attractive woman and nothing less.
It is true we never see ourselves as others do, I look at my photo or myself in the mirror and all I see is a guy dressed as a woman, so when guys start writting to you and telling you they really quite fancy you it is one hell of an ego boost. Mind you as soon as I look in the mirror again reality kicks back in and it's "ah well never mind".

However Melissa it does confirm to you what I see "a seriously good looking girl".

lots of love, mand xxx :)

Wendy me
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Melissa only proves what we already know......your a babe.............

Stephanie Mancini
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
That's guy's in a nutshell for you Melissa though i can see why you got so many replies, out recently with friends we went into a bar and before i'd even reached the bar to order i was hit on, all in less than fifteen seconds of coming in the door, never even had time to get my coat off, no matter how often this happens you are never ever prepared for it but usually after Steph goes through her happily married routine they move onto someone else, yep that's guy's for you hun

Steph

Melissa A.
07-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Julia, Mand, Wendy, Stephanie, thank you for your kind words! Don't know if I'll ever believe it, kinda like the anorexic who looks in the mirror and still sees fat...We cd's not only want to look good, but also are scared to death of the one thing that may tip us off to people. In the meantime, i'll have adventures in my car, the occasional stroll at night, and the infrequent visit to friendly venues. Don't know if I'll ever have the confidence to just stroll down main st. or the mall in the middle of the day, but maybe...

Thank you again, girls, it really means alot to hear. And yes, Mand, and Julia, whether you are gay, straight, or whatever, getting hit on by guys is a rush for any cd, I imagine!

Hugs,

Melissa :)