PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of trying

johnboy23
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I am so tired of trying to meet other crossdressers like me in my age (23). No one in my age group seems to really want a friend they can talk to. A lot of them I dont believe are even truly out and the ones that are could be my dad.

Karren H
11-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Or mother... Or grand mother... Even at my advanced age it was hard to find local crossdressers that I liked and want to just be friends.. But I was lucky and found a couple..

Angelofsomekind
11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
My wife and I have been looking for another couple like us for years. We did finally meet one, but they just moved to another state.

DiannaRose
11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
JohnBoy, never give up hope. If you haven't met the right people yet, it just means you haven't met the right people yet. Friends just happen...you can't make them happen by wanting them to.

Go places, be friendly, join conversations. Find a local CD support group (they're everywhere, it seems). Don't *look* for a friend, just keep your eyes open for them. I bet as soon as you stop making it your end-goal, you'll find some. :)

If you're religious, that's just another way of saying "Leave it in the Big Guy's hands." :)

Daintre
11-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi JohnBoy, we do have a" Young Members - 18 - 25 " section on the board where you can at least correspond with CDs your age. It might help....just a thought.

Teri Jean
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Johnboy, the best friends are the ones you were not looking for and sometimes it slaps you on the butt pretty hard. Be vewry vewry careful cuz she's just around the corner from you. Yep, I'm older than your dad. Sooooooorrry LOL

Huggs and don't worry it will happen. Teri

sherri
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Where have you been looking? I see people your age experimenting with gender-bending pretty frequently at the clubs, and in the occasional conversations I have with them they seem to be very open to the whole idea of TG. As for making close friends, why would you expect it to be any easier than it is for anyone? Sometimes the luckiest people are those who put themselves in a position to be lucky. Know what I mean?

johnboy23
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks everyone. You all are right.

Syndi
11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi! I too have trouble finding my own age.

Rebecca Jayne
11-06-2009, 06:12 PM
R U sic n tire d of be ing sick and tired.

Me to, trouble is no one wants to admit to being a cd, not glamours enough. What we need is a spokeswoman like _____________________________ to make it happen to be OKAY to be cd.
Till then................

trannie T
11-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Be patient, I know many crossdressers my age. There are lots of geezers in dresses.

Stephanie Miller
11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
JohnBoy23 (age 23) I'd like you to meet Syndi (age 24)

Syndi (age 24) I'd like you to meet JohnBoy23 (age 23)

See how easy that was?
Boy, I'm good. :)

Now get on with life and stop sulking. (This is your mother speaking :heehee: )

sherri52
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Johnboy don't give up. Think of it as picking up someone at the bar. It usually takes a few times to get the right one.

Karren H
11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
If first you don't suceed..... try try..... try.... try .... try try try again!

Kara Connor
11-06-2009, 08:39 PM
R U sic n tire d of be ing sick and tired.

Me to, trouble is no one wants to admit to being a cd, not glamours enough. What we need is a spokeswoman like _____________________________ to make it happen to be OKAY to be cd.
Till then................

Eddie Izzard?

Daphne Renee
11-06-2009, 11:06 PM
I wish I could help you JohnBoy. I however am older than you also. I would be happy to chat with you on occasion though if it would help.

Nicole Erin
11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Just be kind of careful though. A lot of the TG who are younger tend to be more wild and permiscuous.

I mean if you are into a wild party lifestyle, that is perfect but me, I never was and when I was early 20's and meeting other girls my age, it wasn't a very pretty situation.

Me, I am mid 30's, so most of us have calmed down. Maybe to you, a 30 something seems old. However, unlike the ones who could be your parents age, we 30 somethings will not hound you about how to live your life. Geeze, I get that from a few of the older CD's I know. Yeah they mean well but it is like "give it up already, let me make my own mistakes".

SarahLynn
11-07-2009, 12:42 AM
JB might it be a bit easier if you were to change your "handle" to something a bit more fem. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with JB but cripes lass, try a little tenderness.

Ooooh, i think i just dated myself. :o

SarahLynn

busker
11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Johnboy, you say "like me" as though you had some terrible deformity. Could be that being a CD is enough to deal with at the moment. Don't agonize about not finding a person with a similar persuasion. There are lots of people here to "talk to" so perhaps you should just try to find a person willing to befriend you that you can talk to about anything but being a CD. The other person will happen. Friends are not found like dimes on the sidewalk. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day, so don't expect things to happen over night.
Mandrake

docrobbysherry
11-07-2009, 01:46 AM
When u get to be MY age, over 60, and u have even 5 people who u KNOW r really you're friends, you're a lucky girl!:D

Don't be in such a hurry, or so needy! Desperation scares a lot of folks!:eek:

amanda w
11-07-2009, 02:21 AM
It is nice to have some one your age but you can lurn alot from a old geezer

johnboy23
11-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks again. I dont think its desperation I have. Its deeper than that, more like frustration. Everywhere I look I see crossdressers in drab and its frustrating knowing that not everyone will come out even if we are alone.