PDA

View Full Version : Purgeing outer wear?

vivian fair
11-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Could it be that this week has proven that it is time for me to put away Vivian? I received word recently that I am at the start of Parkingsons,with its attendant trembleings. Even so I decided to attend the Get Away at ES. I was assured I could get "makeovers",and signed up for them. Bought several new outfits,wigs,etc.Attended the start meeting in drab. Several new and old timers at attendance. Very nice ladies I'd like to add. Tried several ways to connect for a make over,to no avail. Spent the better part of 2 days and nights alone, so I packed up and came home. No sour grapes,other than the lack of make overs. But unable to apply my own makeup, I sense my out time is at an end. But I have had 66 years of extreme out and about time ,traveled widely, and regret only RVN and agent orange.To those ladies and family members i met and spent time with I want to say it was great. Thank you for your help. I'll be here but not all gussied up!:love:

JenniferR771
11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Do not give up, Vivian. I am thinking you will have to be more resourceful, but it is possible to find a place for makeovers. such as a local dressing service. Also many salons will do makeovers. My haircutting girl has done me. Merle Norman makeup studio has also done a wonderful makeover for me. And department stores, if they have makeup counters, love to do makeovers. I dressed first--without makeup except lipstick, and went to the mall--I felt self-concious at first, but they treated me very well.