PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about today? Get to do it again tomorrow!

Shannen
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I love glue on nails... but they hurt after awhile, and typing is so much harder.

I have the weekend to myself, and also happen to be out of town. We all know what that means! I ended up going to see the movie Inglourious Basterds (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/)at a $2 theater. Not my first choice, but was running late of course! There were only about a dozen people in the theater. Another single lady, a couple of couples, 1 family, and 3 teen girls that couldn't keep quite. I guess Brad Pitt is sexy even when he's playing a backwoods hillbilly killer...

Afterwards I drove around 'till I decided on dinner at an Outback Steakhouse. What they heck, had to wait for about 10 minutes to be seated, but the waitress and everyone else was very kind to me.

Now I have to decide what to do tomorrow. Maybe go see the movie I wanted to today? (The Proposal) Lots of choices I guess, maybe I'll dream up something overnight.

Here are some pics of the outfit I wore. Had to have one "standing in the hotel doorway" for the scrapbook! Don't know if you can see, but I got a waxing kit from Ulta the other day and did my hands. I'm working my way up my forearms... it HURTS! :heehee: but the results are worth it!

Comments on the outfit are welcome, good or bad, and if you have any idea's of things to do near Raleigh, NC let me know!

:hugs:

Brooke Ashley
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
The Proposal is a very good movie btw :D

Plasibeau
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Your look is fantastic, casual comfortable. Half the art of passing is knowing what to wear and where and when to wear it. Your outfit is perfect for dinner and movie.

Persephone
11-08-2009, 05:07 AM
You look great, girl! The curls are cute, but I'm not sure they're working for you. Can you soften them a bit?

Depends upon what you like to do, but there are a couple of art museums, a couple of historic homes, and a couple of state parks with hiking trails nearby.

Misty G
11-08-2009, 05:39 AM
You Look Good. I use to live in Releigh never did find much for a crossdresser to do except to go shopping or out to dinner.

Shannen
11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments... I'm heading out again today!

S. Lisa Smith
11-08-2009, 09:51 AM
You look quite passable! Glad you had a good time yesterday, have a great one today!

Shannen
11-08-2009, 01:16 PM
You look quite passable! Glad you had a good time yesterday, have a great one today!

Well, so far today has been a really good day! I looked up UU churches last night, and this morning made up my mind it would happen! Sitting in a darkened theater for an hour is one thing, sitting in a well lit church for an hour? Got my heart racing for sure.

It was "OK" until the end. I had been greeting warmly, and the ladies sitting to either side of me smiled back... But on the way out I met Luke and Maddie! (Hi!) What a wonderful welcome they gave me. We didn't have enough time to chat for long, but hopefully next week I can re-introduce myself.

Here is a pic from the parking lot.... Now what's for lunch... maybe Cracker Barrell?

MaryAnn40c
11-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Nice relaxed look

Shannen
11-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I did manage to go out to Cracker Barrel for lunch. That place is always packed, but I made it through. I called my wife on the cell phone while waiting for my food... explaining that I was bored and that eating out alone was no fun. Of course I forgot to mention I was looking for something to distract myself with so I didn't feel like everyone in there was staring at me!

I changed into a different skirt for lunch. I figured Sunday is "dress up" day, so I should make the most of it.

Afterwards I stopped by the Dress Barn. Call me silly, but I've always been scared of that particular chain of stores. My visit could not have been better! All of the SA's were very kind to me, helping me set up a changing room, stopping by to ask if I needed other sizes, etc. Upon checking out I thanked the SA by name, and received a very warm smile and an invitation to stop back any time! I just may have to write corporate and tell them what a great team works there!

But the Dress Barn story does not end there... I had purchased two pairs of pants at 70% off. I was talking to my wife later in the day and mentioned the great bargains I had found, and asked if she would like a pair also... well, duh, of course... but the stretchy kind! I went back tonight and selected another two pairs... the stretchy kind... and checked out with an SA that had helped me with the fitting room just 2 days ago. She acted like she had no idea who I was. Treated me like the clueless husband. "Do you need these in gift boxes?" and "I'll put the receipt in the bag so you don't lose it". We even chatted about where I was from and why was I in town. Either she didn't connect the dots with that crossdresser from the other day, or she did a superb acting job of not recognizing me. There was no one else in the store, so she didn't have to be discrete, and I was actually worried about going BACK there without being dressed! (I worry about everything)

Well, back to Sunday. I relaxed in the hotel for a few hours, then redid my makeup and put together an outfit to go with my new slacks. Headed out for dinner, and enjoyed another eating adventure!
Now, what to do this weekend????

sherri52
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
You look very comfortable and ladylike. I'm glad you had a good day