PDA

View Full Version : Am I Sick?......I Feel Ok

Danielle Gee
11-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi Girls: I got a new skirt thru the mail Thursday.....It a blue,button front,A-line,mid calf......I spilled fingernail polish on thhe one I had that was similar (my favorite BTW).....When I opened the package I thought "Oh boy, Saturday I'll get dolled-up and spend the day with my honey. By Friday I was mentally picking out which bra and panties I would wear.....Which shoes and how I do my make-up....But guess what?

Saturday morning I took a bubble bath and shaved/tidied up a few spots....As I sat in my robe, waiting to dry off, I got to thinking. It's gonna be 68 degrees in Ohio today.....The windshield washers are inop suddenly on my truck....the leaves need raking.....the chimney needs swept before heating season.....Hmmmm, maybe Sunday would be a better day...."Yeah that's the ticket"

So, as I type this it's Sunday AM, and I sit here in Drab thinking I'm gonna go to town and get a newspaper........Maybe even take to dog on a walk.....But in the back of my mind I'm thinking "You're not gonna get Girly today either"

I seem to be getting to the point where "Thinking & Planning" about getting dressing Is becoming an acceptable substitute for "Actually" doing it!! I've spent so much time being dressed in my life that a lot of the luster (and sexual excitement) seems to have disappeared from doing it.

So my question for you girls is this:

1- Have (or do) any of you girls experianced similar feelings?

2- If so, do you think having an accepting wife take some of the element of danger out of it

3- Could it be my age creeping in?( I'm 59)

I woulld love to read comments and opinions from all of you girls , but especially the older ones

Love & Kisses:love:
Danielle

Karren H
11-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Well... Same temp here today and I'd love nothing more that to get pretty but.... The van brakes are making noise.... Snow tires need to be put on... Leaves also need to be raked... The son has the flu... And guess what I'm doing all day? So if your sick.. Count me in.. Sigh. Balancing what you want to do with what you have to do is just what you have to do to survive..

Were only a couple hours away... You come over and help me and then I'll come over and help you? Just rake leaves!! Lol.

Danielle Gee
11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm doubtful if anyone in your neighborhood would apppriciate my OSU jacket:eek:

Raychel
11-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Sounds pretty normal to me, Go outside and enjoy the nice day while you can, There will always be time to get all dolled up when winter arrives. It will be here soon enough.

PretzelGirl
11-08-2009, 09:12 AM
It sounds like prioritizing life is what you are doing. The planning part of dressing makes it sound like you do have the desire. The doing other things sounds like you feel they need to be done and you are giving them their proper attention. If it sounds abnormal, it is because I am sure we have all shirked chores to dress before (okay, I have anyway). But it does sound like putting things in their proper place.

Karren H
11-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm doubtful if anyone in your neighborhood would apppriciate my OSU jacket:eek:

I'll lend you my Steelers jersey!! :D

Danielle Gee
11-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll lend you my Steelers jersey!! :D

Now you're talkin!

anna kate
11-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes, Yes and no. I'm going to be 70 soon and I dress some part of every day (and lovin' it). Usually in the morning, have to wait for the dew (or frost) to lift anyway. Mostly start manly chores after lunch, but being retired, if it don't get done today, tomorrow is another day.

jennifer easton
11-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey girls count me in , same boat here, love Jennifer but some times, all the guy stuff gets in the way, Karren do have an extra steelers jacket, I'm here in KC but, get this,I'm a closeted steelers fan, tired of my home town team rebuilding every season!!!!!!!

JulieC
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I semi-merged things yesterday. Got underdressed and raked leaves :) Next up is cleaning the gutters. It would be fun to do in a skirt, but it's not gonna happen :/

Lorileah
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Life stinks. Just when you have all the answers they change the questions.

I did the outdoorsy stuff early in the day. Got half of what needed to be done, done. There will be other warm days for the rest. I have indoor things that needed done. Baking pumpkin bread, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry. So a nice shower and throw on a nice outfit (MIL doesn't like that I dress up to do house work, but I don't give a flying...huh? can't say that huh?). So the evening was...nice :)

But to answer the questions.
1 Yep, being a responsible adult really sucks. Why do we decide when we are older that doing the "right" thing is better than doing the "fun" thing when we have so little time left? (that just sent a dozen people here into a panic thinking, "Crap I still have to get that done before I go")

2. Nope. Danger? Like Will Robinson danger? or just "I might get caught by the guys at the bar" danger?

3. Yep like a thong panty. Actually, you are becoming you dad. There that will either ruin your day or make you very proud.

You know you are old when you hear Led Zepplin in the elevator played by John Tesh. I hear the Stones are on their Metamucil Tour. That will get he crowd going. Hold on a second

"Hey you kids!!! Get off my lawn!!! Don't you have a place to go?? don't make me call the sheriff. *mumbles* I worked all day to get that just right and they come along and walk on grass, now I'll have footprints all winter....."

Teri Jean
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Danielle, girl just put on some comfy girl clothes and a wig with lite makeup and get out there and do the chores. The neighbors need some excitement besides sports on the TV. This way your only priority is what to wear. LOL

I was out in my new garage with a tight Turtle neck and jeans putting up insulation. Did I say I had my "D" forms on, lol, and the neighbor came over to check how things were going with the new garage. They know I'm transgender female but he still comes over quite often anyway. He and his wife are such wonderful neighbors.

Here in sunny southern Minnesota we will be having fair weather for the most part all week. This will give me time to enjoy the outdoors before the snow and cold we should be having already.

MissyW
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Yep, sometimes life get in the way.

sherri
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Well there's always something that needs doing, right? But we manage to find the time for foofing when we really want to. I can't imagine planning being as much fun as doing, but I can tell when my heart's not in it, which happens. Who knows why? I've learned not to force it, and not to worry about it. The desire will return when it's ready -- with a vengeance. :)

Btw, all my leaves are raked, and my gutters are clean, and I'm going out Saturday night! :D

Persephone
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I seem to be getting to the point where "Thinking & Planning" about getting dressing Is becoming an acceptable substitute for "Actually" doing it!! I've spent so much time being dressed in my life that a lot of the luster (and sexual excitement) seems to have disappeared from doing it.

So my question for you girls is this:

1- Have (or do) any of you girls experianced similar feelings?

2- If so, do you think having an accepting wife take some of the element of danger out of it

3- Could it be my age creeping in?( I'm 59)

I woulld love to read comments and opinions from all of you girls , but especially the older ones

Love & Kisses:love:
Danielle

Well, I'm not sure about relative age, but I probably qualify as one of the ancient ones. :cry:

And I'm a frequent diver into the Pink Sea (© 2009 Persephone). But, like you, there are times when I find myself procrastinating or finding other things to do.

Yes, I do think that acceptance from your spouse makes it more comfortable to choose to dress or not. Her acceptance makes things a great deal more relaxed as you know that you can dress pretty much any time you want to.

For example, we were going to the theater Saturday night and I was a bit "torn" between going en femme or en drab. I know that my spouse will aceept either but that she tends to prefer evenings out with me en drab, so I decided to go that way.

Another factor may be an appropriate intuition about discovery if you aren't 100% out and about (I'm about 85%).

The theme of Saturday night's theater performance was such that I figured it would attract some people we know who don't know about my crossdressing and I was correct. We did find an entire group of such people at the theater.

You may have that same intuition.

On the other hand, like a lot of others here, I find there are days when I've just gotta make some genuine femme time. You probably do too.

I don't think age is a factor as you are a teeny bit younger than I am (although I am in the process of moving my age downward).

If anything, I enjoy my crossdressing more frequently (but less obsessively) now and only wish I'd been a more active out-and-about crossdresser when I was younger (and wasn't thinking about how I would someday loose my pretty).

Maybe you too are less obsessive, perhaps because you have become more comfortable with yourself?

Melinda G
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I had been planning to get dolled up and go out last night. But it was 69 here, and a nice warm day. My boat was dirty from sitting in the yard a while, and I decided it might be the last warm day to wash it, and get it ready to take to Florida this winter. Sooooo.....I spent the afternoon washing the boat. Then my back was sore from all the bending and stooping. After making dinner, I wound up on the couch for the evening. There's always another time.:D

sherri52
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
The grass still needs it's last mowing, garage needs to be straightened out, shelves need to be cleaned, christmas items have to come forward in the store. The heck with it I can do all of that latter. Pink nail polish, blush, mascara. black flowered dress, heels and lipstick overpower what was needed to be done.

Sarah Doepner
11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Honestly, there are few things so rare as a really nice day in November. Enjoy it, even if it's cleaning the yard.

As far as not being able to fit in the girl time because of "Life as we know it", it isn't a problem. One of the signs of addiction (regardless of the addictive agent), is to choose your pleasures over your responsibilities. If you manage to keep it in balance, it just lets you know your crossdressing is not unhealthy, but a part of your life that fits in with everything else. It sounds to me like you are pretty stable.

For me (just turned 60), even though I have an accepting spouse, we live next door to her parents (in their 80's) and we agree they really wouldn't benefit from knowing I'm a crossdresser. So there are times I would dress but don't because I believe either they will be over or I will be needed to help over there. That means I spend a lot of time looking at the stuff in the closet and planning the next outfit, looking for new combinations or just being wistful. Tonight we have the grandkids for the night, one more time that dressing is out of the question. Yeah, planning has to be a substitute at times for actual dressing, but it works, sort of.

Frédérique
11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I've spent so much time being dressed in my life that a lot of the luster (and sexual excitement) seems to have disappeared from doing it. So my question for you girls is this: Have (or do) any of you girls experianced similar feelings?

I usually have to get in the right mood to do anything, but I still seem to have no problem getting excited about dressing up – the wonderful feeling I know I will get from it propels me along and keeps me giddy with anticipation. :)

If so, do you think having an accepting wife take some of the element of danger out of it

Oh, definitely. I’m not married, but I live with my sister in an arrangement much like a marriage. I hide my crossdressing activity from her to retain the element of danger, the magic of secrecy, and the indescribable pleasure I get from doing things you aren’t supposed to do…:shush:

Could it be my age creeping in?( I'm 59)

Possibly, but crossdressing is ageless – many started later than others, but their membership package comes with full benefits, youthful appearance and perpetual joie de vivre…

I am (officially) an ageless wonder…:battingeyelashes: