PDA

View Full Version : shaving arm hair

crossdrezzer1
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I was a little hesitent when it was time to shave my arm hair for the halloween costume but I really liked the wifes comment-- she said You shave everything else so whats the big deal,,no one cares or will notice but if they do then use the costume halloween excuse and tell them that I wanted you to do it for the costume,,, well it has been what? 2 weeks since the great day of halloween and I have been wearing short sleeve shirts and it is right out there yelling---hey all,,,look how smooth I am,,, I am a social guy and met and remet many people and no one--and I mean No One has made any comment about the smooth arms,,, I am so surprised,,have they not noticed or have they and didnt know what or how to say or ask...or as the wife would say,,,no one cares nor will they notice,,, I notice everything,,a hair out of place,, a buldge where it shouldnt be---ect... so guess most are not like me,,, I just thought it was cool that honestly people dont give a damn if you have hair or not and if they do notice then most wont say anything because it really isnt worth mentioning I guess,, they dont put 2 and 2 together so for all that wants to shave the arms I would say go for it

reginaNJ1
11-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I have had shaved arm hair for about 6 years now and have had only a few comments, which i ignored. have had shaved underarms for almost 10 years as well besides other things. Even when I go to the beach nobody seems to notice not that I care. Go for it , do it for your self

Cheryl T
11-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I've been completely smooth for about 6 years and can't imagine being any other way.

No one has ever made a comment about it, except one lady at work who rubbed my leg one day and gave me a wink saying, "nice and smooth, yummm".

Veronica 1
11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
The only time I got a comment on my shaved arms was by a co-worker. When he asked I straight up admitted to him that I shaved my arms and asked if he needed any other questions about my personal habits answered. He declined.

AKAMichelle
11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I have shaved my arms and underarms for a little over a year. I go see clients and nobody cares. For that matter, I have pierced ears. Nobody cares.

Besides, what are they going to say? Why? Most people you meet for the first time, just figure you aren't a very hairy person.

DeniseNJ
11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I thinned out my arm hairs alot and my under arm hairs and very thin also not brave enough to shave arms completely but they are very very short I will shave my underarms completely soon:daydreaming:

kellycan27
11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I thinned out my arm hairs alot and my under arm hairs and very thin also not brave enough to shave arms completely but they are very very short I will shave my underarms completely soon:daydreaming:

How does one "thin" out their arm hair? Just curious as I have never heard of this before. Thanks

Kelly

NathalieX66
11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I keep my arms trimmmed about 1/4 inches (or half a cm), and the hands all the way, and bleach the rest. The bleach makes the hairs invisible. There ain't no red bumps or ingrowns this way. Besides, women have peach fuzz, so what's the difference? If need be, I can just dye it back to it's original color.

Plus one in a while I use moisturizer to help create the irridecent glow that makes the skin loook more feminine. The next step beyond trimming, bleaching, shaving is electro or laser.

S. Lisa Smith
11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I trim my arm hairs with an electric hair clipper with no guard. It cuts the hair down to about 1/8". No one has commented. I shaved my arms yesterday and today it was warm and I wore a tee shirt. I had brunch with the family and no one commented. My aunt would have had she noticed. I guess no one noticed or cared.

Ruth
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
It's change that people notice. So if you had really heavy arm hair and shaved it clean off in one go, you would probably get some comments. But any gradual change that you make will pass unremarked.
Basically, people are not that interested in your arms.

joandher
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I thinned my arm hair about 6 mths ago and not had a comment, not even by my wife, also have now thinned my eyebrows and keep them trimmed and plucked (they used to be like 2 hairy caterpillars ) and no one comments on them
think about it ,how hairy is your best friends arms and eyebrows you cant say you've even noticed can you ????

:hugs: J-JAY

trannie T
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Recently I carefully shaved my arms so they looked really good. Then I realised I would be wearing a dress with long sleeves.

Heather_Marie
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I have shaved my arm and legs for about two years now and no one said a word to me and I love it, it feel so fem.

sherri52
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I haven't shaved my arms as yet but I have been thinking of doing it now that winter is upon us and only my friends will see, and they aren't very observant.

Kristy 56
11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Get mine trimmed every 5 weeks or so with electric clippers when I get my haircut. Not as great as being completely smooth,but not bad. Also get my eyebrows thinned out by plucking & cutting. No comments yet,and I work with women.

MissyW
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I always shave my underarms and trim my arms. I might consider bleaching.

KateW
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
I imagine that arm hair isn't a thing that people spend a lot of time focusing on. i'd say that leg hair is more noticable and no one has ever mentioned mine.

victoriamwilliams1
11-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I have seen barelegged men in shorts! For the most part we notice those things because we are dressers. For the most part I keep myself relatively bare on my arms and legs 365 days a year.

Also some wives like bare men! they just wont tell you:)

Olivia
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I trim my arm hair with a Remington hair trimmer, set on its shortest setting. When they start to "man out", I give them a buzz with the trimmer. I just hate hairy arms...
O

EveMarie
11-08-2009, 10:58 PM
The only time I got a comment on my shaved arms was by a co-worker. When he asked I straight up admitted to him that I shaved my arms and asked if he needed any other questions about my personal habits answered. He declined.

Love that attitude girl…

I've been shaved from the neck down (except for my arms) for over 40 years. Just a couple of years ago I caved and shaved my arms. Will never let it come back again. I have been lucky in one respect though, in that my body hair is almost as thin or sparse as a woman's is anyway, not a single hair on my back and i ca probably count the hairs on my chest on one hand, so it wasn't much of a risk on my part:daydreaming:

Josey
11-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I have removed all hair from my body, neck down to toes. No one has said a word about it as I often swim and perform outdoor activities. My SO loves the look and feel. That being said, she helps with removal in areas that are most difficult to reach or see doing it for youself. Once again I'm lucky to have an SO who participates in my CDing.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I shave mine daily as part of my maintenance and up keep. I've only had one comment and that was the very first time I shaved them. Perhaps everyone I come in contact with knows that I shave my arms, and legs but they just choose not to say anything about it.

marny
11-09-2009, 01:03 AM
People don't notice the shaved arms. It is unnoticable next to a very hairy .. la..la.laa!

marny
11-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Think that was a little vague. i meant to say chimp and held back. just meant a hairy male . ok?

Tanya C
11-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I've been shaving my arms for several years and nobody has ever made a comment to me about it. Frankly, I don't think anyone has ever noticed, probably because my arms were not very hairy to begin with. Either way, I really could care less if anybody notices or comments.

Tanya

kimdresses
11-09-2009, 02:01 AM
I shave my entire body everyday during my shower. I have been completely smooth for most likely the last 10 years and I think I have received only one to two comments from the women I work around with. I remember one lady sitting close to me started to rub my arms and stated that she wished her husband was as smooth as I was. Got to say, no one cares. But, the feeling of the clothes against the body that is smooth is a whole lot different than with a body full of hair.

Electra
11-09-2009, 04:38 AM
I don't shave arm hair or legs; have never done it.