PDA

View Full Version : Got a comment today

Sherry-Stephanie
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I was at the lab today and having some blood drawn this morning...

I was talking to the tech who drew the blood and one of the other tech's had stepped into the room from the other end and while I was talking to the first tech said "Oh I like your jeans"....yeah they were girl jeans....

I said to her "Oh thanks" and turned back to the other tech who was talking to me...when she finished I turned back to the other tech to add a comment, but she had gone back out the door....so I told the first tech to tell her " her comment it's didn't go over my head"....and then I explained to the first tech that these jeans just fit and feel way better than guy jeans...and since I have really thin legs and a small butt...then I smiled and told her "Tell the other tech that these are a size 6...eat her heart out....and then I gave a chuckle at the end....

Funny thing, is I didn't feel the least bit embarressed ..plus I've been wearing girl jeans exclusively for about 3 months and she was the first one to make a comment to me...so it was all OK....

Anyway, you've got be able to accept comments if your going public so it's fine....I think she was just letting me know she realized I had woman's jeans on...she didin't seem like she was mocking me...just letting me know that she knew...so it's cool with me....

Lorileah
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
ouch. She gives you a compliment and you send back an insult? Maybe should have just left it at "thanks".

Better hope you draw her next time you go for blood. She might use a 10 gauge needle instead of the 14

janelle
11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Wait till SHE get to take your blood, you could be sorry.

Sherry-Stephanie
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL It was all said in jest....anyway they can use a razor blade to draw the blood and it wouldn't matter....I've had these so much in my time since I got ill 12 years ago it's no biggy anymore...even cathathers to the jugular vein for 5 days is no biggy anymore....

Teri Jean
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Sherry, it is always good when you get a compliment, congratulations. I had one yesterday at Walgreens when I had checked out I forgot to pick up the small bag of stuff when I grabbed the large one. The SA said "mam you forgot this one" and handed it to me. I smiled and said thanks and left. Her compliment was the mam and that is all I needed. Have fun and keep smiling, they will not know why and if nothing else it will drive them nuts.

Huggs Teri

Persephone
11-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyway, you've got be able to accept comments if your going public so it's fine....I think she was just letting me know she realized I had woman's jeans on...she didin't seem like she was mocking me...just letting me know that she knew...so it's cool with me....

Congratulations Sherry-Stephanie!

Clothing compliment etiquette can be a bit complex as it is part of the common woman-to-woman ritual. I tend to treat it a bit more seriously than you did, since, in girl world, how one looks is a matter of greater significance than it is in boy world.

The typical reply is to smile and say "Thank you," and then add some additional information.

Telling her where you got them is a common ingredient in a reply. If you really can't remember (or you don't want to say that they came from an inexpensive shop) you can say something like "Thanks! I've had these forever. I love them because they're so comfortable."

Another common ingredient is to compliment her on the same, or a different item, "(giggle) Thanks! I was just about to say that I liked yours!"

Sherry-Stephanie
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I think it was nothing more than she wanted me to know that she knew I was wearing female jeans...and that's fine with me if she does know...I don't feel embaressed or anything like that...and as I explained to the Tech I was wearing them because they fit me much better and was way more comfortable than guy jeans...and that is the case for wearing then all the time now and if someone wants to say OMG your wearing girl jeans my feelings is simply "glad your observant" and nothing more or nothing less...I was in guy mode other than that....so it wasn't a compliment from one girl to another....That said, I've gotten a few compliments on my jeans and slacks as far as "gee you've got legs to die for"....I am tall and have very thin legs and when I wear certain jeans or slacks I get a very elongated siloute look especially when I wear 4" or better heels....more often the "gee, you've got legs to die for" is fllowed by "bitch"!!!! but said in a nice way...and usually with the "girls would love to have those legs....and for me that is one great outstanding complimant....including "bitch" which I have been told means in girl talk "one who is control of herself and things around her"....

One of the best things I'm finding out as I go out and hang in clubs etc is the acceptance and inter-action from gg's....it has been amazing so far....

For those who aren't out, your really missing out on an experience that can't really be described....and for those who are out and have experienced the same thing(s) you know what I'm talking about....

have a great day ladies!!!!

PetiteDuality
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi sherry,

Congrats for the compliment!

However, I don't see the need for you explaining to the other lab tech that you are using girl's jeans and why. Maybe she just noticed that they fit right, and did not even notice that these were girl's jeans.

sherri52
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
And to rub in your size, that's a kick in the teeth.

Sherry-Stephanie
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
And to rub in your size, that's a kick in the teeth.

nah...especially when I weight about 175 and most of the girls are under 140 lbs....and I have no idea why that is....it's just one thing I guess I have that works for me....