PDA

View Full Version : Kinda sad

Mya Summers
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I was going through some of my skirts today, cause my SO and I picked up a couple of new long skirts at a second hand store this past for me. I bought a size 10 which is what I wear or so I thought:sad:. I put one skirt on and I had to suck in my belly just to get the thing buttoned and zipped, tried the other one on and same thing happened :Angry3:. Well I got a bunch of my old skirts out and started looking at the tags, they ranged between size's 8-10. I tried them on as well and same thing happened w/all but 2 of them which have a stretch waist :).
At this point I am totally discussed w/the way my belly is getting in the way. So I'm trying to figure out the best way around this situation, do I take the one's that don't fit and get them altered? or do I put my fat butt on a diet and loose the weight? I'm thinking diet and more exercise, but can't motivate myself to exercise. Maybe I should get myself a cute little exercise outfit and get motivated..lol Just wanted to let my disappointment out a little bit. Sorry ladies.

Faith_G
11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Dieting is the cheapest solution - you just eat less. If you cut back enough then extra exercise is unneccessary...

sissystephanie
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I say get the cute exercise outfit, and then use it! But go to a gym where they will encourage you to exercise. I belong to the Y and go almost every day. Sometimes with my daughter so my outfit then is kind of drab! If she is not going, I am pretty much Stephanie. Of course my daughter did tell me one time that she could see my pink panties when I was on the leg machine. All my shorts are feminine so they have a very small inseam!!

kellycan27
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Dieting is the cheapest solution - you just eat less. If you cut back enough then extra exercise is unneccessary...

Unneccessary unless you want to stay healthy. Diet and exercise are the key.It doesn't sound like you have too much weight to lose,should be easy.
You don't have to become a gym rat, toning,stretching,walking.Exercise will give you energy and burn calories. If you just stop eating and don't exercise you will not lose weight but probably stay where you are.

NV Susan
11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm going thru the same thing so I put myself on a diet, mostly cutting down on portions. Also cutting out the few snacks I eat. Hope to drop a few dress sizes!!!
LOL Susan :doll:

jenny01
11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I can help you with that, I should fit me fine if you want to send it over.

DiannaRose
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Ah, the joys of getting older, when our metabolisms slow, and our appetites quicken. Well, in MY case, anyway. Middle age kinda stinks that way. :)

You can never go wrong with exercise (done properly, of course), and I'd say perhaps a diet is not necessarily what you need. If you're like me, you just need will power and portion control. (Lord help me, tomorrow is Mac N Cheese night, and my mac n cheese is phenomenal, so I think an extra mile or two of walking is on tap for me tomorrow.) :)

And yes, now you have an excuse to go buy a cute little exercise outfit!

sherri52
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I say both which is what I have to do as well. Eat a little less and walk. a couple of miles a day which is less than 1/2 hr and no straining on the muscles or building muscles you don't want. Now you have a reason for the cute outfit.

Karren H
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Home liposuction.... get out the shop vac!! :D

trannie T
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
There was a weight loss thread a couple years ago monitoring members' New Year's resolutions to lose weight. I lost quite a bit that year but have gained some back, it is well past the time to begin a weight loss plan again. The method of losing weight is very simple, burn more calories than you take in. The best way is with a combination of diet and exercise. Now for the motivation . . .

Persephone
11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Well, you could be temporarily bloated, it comes with being a woman.

I was not a big advocate of regular exercise or weight loss until a few years ago when I kept "outgrowing" my clothes and realized that my growth was all in a horizontal direction.

I joined Weight Watchers® and learned a new lifestyle, how to eat healthier without depriving myself or feeling that I was on a diet. I'm not usually one to endorse or rave about products or services, but I've become a believer in the Weight Watchers method and recommend it to everyone who wants to make the kinds of changes that you seem to want to make. My spouse and I and our son went and we all lost weight and we've all kept it off.

Buy the cute outfit! That's what motivates me to go running/walking every morning -- I get to wear fun exercise clothes! If you are in a cold climate (Illinios would seem to be) then consider doing a morning walk in a mall. Many of them open early and accomodate walkers (a gentle warning -- don't try it when the stores are open, you'll spend too much and not get a real workout!), some even give discount coupons to members of their walker's club.

I've gone from a size 12-14 that was on her way to 16 down to a size 6-8! You can do it!!!

Melissa in hose
11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I wish I had the problem of being a size 12. At least all the clothes are still cute. I am a size 20-22 and have trouble finding clothes that are not tents. My dieting goal is to get down to a comfortable size 16. my wife and I are working together on our weight loss.

Dana Jones
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
exercise will cause you to eat less and your metabolism to rise. i started walking 20 minutes went to thirty and then an hour. Felt bad if I didn't. So got to the point that I actually started jogging some. I would walk or jog every day on lunch. I would do between 4 and 5 miles and lost over 25 pounds and 3 inches off my waste in less than 6 months. With my new life and move I hadn't walked in 6 or 8 weeks. Started back yesterday, 5 miles and today only 3. Man I feel it. I also started eating breakfast. See nothing major just doing something is better than nothing!

Tanya C
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I recently tried on one of my skirts that fit me very well last summer and much to my horror it was too tight!
It's time for Tanya to go on a diet. So naturally I.m having lasagna for dinner.

JenniferR771
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
There is a new easy way to lose weight--so easy you can do it in your sleep. Set your alarm for a half hour later--skip breakfast every day.

jody111
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Only two sizes away? It might be time to research a corset? :eek:

CherylFlint
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Diet. No excuses.

docrobbysherry
11-09-2009, 10:50 PM
:drink: I switched from beer to red wine a few years back. Dropped about 8 lbs. in a couple of weeks!:eek:

It only comes back if a go back to beer! Otherwise, it's STAYED OFF!:D

Lost another 8 by watching the junk food, and by NOT eating crap in the evenings!

In case u lost count, that's over 15 lbs perminantly GONE! And I still eat and drink the same amounts as before!:heehee:

DonnaT
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
For some of us, as we get older we get wider.

Don't fall into the trap of just buying a larger size, however, if you believe you can diet and exercise your way back. Falling into the trap might just lead to ever larger sizes.

Then when you do decide to do something about it, it becomes harder to reduce.

Sarah Doepner
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
It's not you.

They just make 10's and 12's smaller now than they used to. And the ones in you closet have all been shrinking.

And if you try Karren's home lipo idea, be sure you sterilize that smallest attachment on the shop vac and double check the duct tape connections too.

Otherwise, it's the other balance you need to try. Yep, diet AND exercise.

cd_jamie
11-10-2009, 12:14 AM
bicycle and lots of sit ups. I look at my waist line damn I feel (and look) like a cow. I need to listen to my own advice

Blaire
11-10-2009, 12:37 AM
There is a new easy way to lose weight--so easy you can do it in your sleep. Set your alarm for a half hour later--skip breakfast every day.

About the worst thing to do. Skipping meals like that forces the metabolism down, which makes the body store more of what you do eat.

East right, eat less, exersize. The only thing that works.

And if you try Karren's home lipo idea, be sure you sterilize that smallest attachment on the shop vac and double check the duct tape connections too.

Don't forget that you need to use the pressure washer to flush everything into the shop-vac.

erickka
11-10-2009, 07:39 AM
And light exercise ( even if it is just walking ) should help immensely. Also, If you like those 12 oz. barley sandwiches....cut waaaay back. I lost 6" off my waist in 1 year doing this.

Molly Wells
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I relate to the frustration of finding out that your clothes no longer fit! Over several years I had gone from a 12 dress to a 16-18. I finally decided to start a weight loss regimen. I have lost 28 pounds in the last six months. I expect to lose about 20 more to be at my ideal weight. I just bought two new dresses yesterday, a size 14. Actually they are a little loose int he fit, but fit my shoulders ok. I have dropped from a 12 skirt to an 8 and am loving it. My bra size is dropping too, but the forms are the same! lol Now I have to buy a smaller band but a bigger cup. I will wait until I lose more weight before buying new forms. What I have now make me 38D, and I do not want to be any bigger in the cup. What a problem. I am loving the weight loss and what it is does for me physically as well as for my dressing. Hugs,

Molly

suchacutie
11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I was about 40 pounds heavier than I wanted to be a few years ago (still about 10 pounds heavier now) and to be able to wean myself off high blood pressure meds my doc and I made a deal about how many meds vs weight. Good motivation, plus Tina appeared about the same time.

I did a lot of research so that I would lose and not gain it back. I also had an interesting experience: I was on pain killers for 10 days while passing kidney stones, and after that 10 days I found that a single large orange would make me completely full and satisfied!

To make a long story shorter: I eat smaller portions when I eat a meal. I didn't cut out any kind of food. If I want a greasy pizza, so be it, but I eat less of it. It takes a bit of time to shrink your portions, but if you make a goal of getting down to half-sized portions in 6 months, it's completely accomplishable. Just make sure each meal is interesting, varied, SMALL, and preceeded by a glass or two of liquid, preferably flavored water or club soda. I also found that not eating after 9pm was helpful, and exercise is always a plus!

I've lost 30 pounds so far and over 4 years not put back an ounce. I expect to lose another 10 slowly over the next year. At that point I should have a "normal" women's size 8 waist and hip measurements, or at least be close enough for a waist cincher or corset to finish the job!

Eat less, eat often, eat well, exercise....it does work for the long term!

tina

TiffanyTgirl
11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Diet and exercise for sure. But use this opportunity to get a corset. A great waist is just cinches away!