PDA

View Full Version : Does crossdressing make you a better person?

emmicd
07-26-2005, 08:56 PM
How has crossdressing impacted your life as a person?

Has it made you a better person? If so, How?

Has the complexity of crossdressing made a mess of your life or made it more exhilirating and exciting?

How has crossdressing affected you in your relationships with family and people in general?

Would you trade crossdressing for another activity such as baseball card collecting if you could and what would that be?

Do you feel comfortable with crossdressing?

If you were out with your buddies in drab and you never revealed your crossdressing to them and you happened to see a crossdresser in the city looking good and your buddies started laughing how would you react?

Do you feel different about crossdressing when among girls and when among guys where your in drab in both instances?

Is crossdressing a hobby or a way of life?

Emmi

susandrea
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
It's made me a better person!

I've discovered something new that I never knew before.

I found a terrific topic to write about.

I've educated many of my friends about crossdressing.

I've "met" many kind people here.

I've really enjoyed the journey.

:love:

emmicd
07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
To me crossdressing has its ups and downs but the ups outway the downs. I do enjoy it but feel sometimes it makes life complicated.

I would certainly not want to trade it to do something else because it is a part of me.

I feel I am better as a person because I can have a sensitive and compassionate side. I don't always have to be rough exterior and emotionally unexpressive.

I do feel more comfortable talking with girls about it if I had to.

When I'm out with my buddies I never talk about it and if we happened upon a crossdresser I would feel connected to that person but could not admit that I do the same. If my buddies were laughing I don't think I would join in. I would probabaly say People are people and we should not judge!

Crossdressing is not a hobby to me it is a part of who I am.

Emmi

jo_ann
07-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Made me more sensitive to lifestyles.. I mean I'd probably go along with every other typical male and bash gays and transgendered if I wasn't one myself, so I'm glad of that.

Of course, crossdressers are the most balanced people in the world.. we see from the perspective of both sexes.

Has the complexity of crossdressing made a mess of your life or made it more exhilirating and exciting?
Mostly a mess, but it helps release stress sometimes too

How has crossdressing affected you in your relationships with family and people in general?
Have only told my wife and one friend about it

Would you trade crossdressing for another activity such as baseball card collecting if you could and what would that be?
I have plenty of hobbies, don't need another one

Yes, but not comfortable enough to reveal myself to people

If you were out with your buddies in drab and you never revealed your crossdressing to them and you happened to see a crossdresser in the city looking good and your buddies started laughing how would you react?
The one friend I told.. he once made fun of a commercial that had a CD theme to it, and I said "watch it", as in beware of who you're talking to.

FionaAlexis
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I looked at the title of this thread and I thought here we go again.

Sorry! - that is no reflection on your post Emmi which is excellent and they are very good questions you raise.

But I don't know what it is about TGs that we feel this need to justify ourselves and what we are and do - as somehow better - more humane, more sensitive, more caring, more understanding - more intelligent - warmer - fuzzier etc. etc. But then - we really understand women better and we are more sensitive to female issues - get real!

Truth is we are mostly self absorbed, selfish, clothes and appearance obsessed, gender confused and isolated - who will readily sacrifice other social and family commitments just so we can hang out in women's clothes.

Am I a better person because I am TG? You gotta be kidding! I wasted too much time on this thing and I still am. I have learned heaps about myself some of which I really like and some I'm not too thrilled about - and I suspect that is no different from any other human being.

Am I comfortable with myself? Yes, most of the time but I no longer have a rose tinted view of what i am.

Fiona xx

Tristen Cox
07-27-2005, 06:25 AM

Not really, but I don't remember anything before I dressed anyways

Neither, and can screw my life up all by myself :p

Only hiding from them

Uhm you're like kidding right, WTF has Baseball cards got in common with cding? Answer is no

YES

They way I am now? I would be looking for some new buddies me thinks

Do you feel different about crossdressing when among girls and when among guys where your in drab in both instances?

N/A

Part of expressing myself

Interesting questions;)

Lisa OZ
07-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Crossdressing has enabled me to invent a cure for the common cold & win a rather large fluffy duck at the country fair.

Also

I tend to agree with Fiona about the self obsessed bit we are all guilty of that to varying degrees. Perchance a tad more empathetic with females is probably a good thing with all the macho crap that is going on in the world. Women after all do run the world really, men just think they do.

Crossdressing can be a bind sometimes- for all the varied reasons so eloquently set out in these forums. More rounded I believe rather than better, taking you out of your normal set gender routine into behaviour that tests you in all sorts of manifestations & tribulations as well as pleasure.

As dear old Oscar Wilde once put it ''We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars''

Elinor
07-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Well I have met [online only] many people who share my passion for crossdressing. I love women even more and appreciate the problems they may have walking in high heels or tight skirt so going on a hike may not be a good idea, depends on what the lady is wearing. So I would be checking on what she was wearing and decide on what we are going to do.

Yes I belive so I have a softer side when in a dress.
I really think to some extent Elinor is more feminine than I. A nicer person know what I mean?

Fun Fun Fun and a little daring + exciting! It has never impacted on my life at all. [Meaning my male side] Its exhilarating being a Janegirl shopping for clothes doing housework dressed as a maid. I love it!

None at all its my secret. I do appreciate women far more.

God no! I love being a Janegirl its lovely who in their right mind would wish to give it up? I don't. I collect pocket watches.

Yes very comfortable but sadly in the closet as yet I have never gone out to a trannie event. Or had the courage to go into Hide and Sleek the trannie shop in Fife Scotland.

Well I would feel sorry for the guy and think he was brave to go out enfemme.
I would not laugh with them anymore than I would at a gay guy.
I would NOT dare to have them know that I too was a crossdresser.
If they looked feminine I would/could mention that they looked cool.
Have you ever seen the Ladyboys of Bankok? Wow sexy! But then we men are turned on visionaly.

Well I have never given it much thought really. Yes I would say if I were among females who looked cool and who wore lovely dresses I would envy them and would be watching them also but that would be okay as a hetrosexual male they would expect me to. Ha Ha. Not to sure I would mention how well their clothes matched ect.
Has anyone else told a woman that you liked her dress? For her to reply.
"I'll let you borrow it some time" If only ! :love:

A most important hobby
A way of life.
Half way between I think. :)

Clare
07-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Truth is we are mostly self absorbed, selfish, clothes and appearance obsessed, gender confused and isolated ......
Yep, I can see that, but it is also Humanities way. Every other minority group whether social, ethnic, religious or poliitcal, exhibits the same tendancies. They just aren't so noticable when absorbed into the large scale masses we call society.

That's a biggie! Lets see - emotionally confused, physically confused and socially confused. How do you integrate crossdressing into your life without impact?

Yes, because i've had to deal with many issues that most (either men or ladies) do not have to experience. That makes me a more understanding and accepting person.

Both. When i was younger (15-30yrs), it was hell while i tried to be the typical guy within my social group. Since those days, i have matured a bit and have a better understanding and acceptance of why i crossdress, which brings me some internal peace, but not necessarily excitment.

I've felt guilty about keeping a secret that would cause distress to my family if discovered. As for people in general, not a problem really.

Doubtful. As they say, too much of a good thing is bad for you - hobbies, sport, etc. On the other hand, i can't get enough of crossdressing!

I do now as i have come to terms with XDR as a person. In the past, i thought i was a mental case for having a desire that was socially taboo.

Tell 'em to leave the person alone as they're doing no harm to anyone. Most of my friends wouldn't think it strange for me to say that as they know i'm basically accepting of most things in life.

Nope, but i feel more relaxed as person when in the company of women.

It's always been a way of life - its just i never understood my life was unique until recently (last 10 years or so).

Christine

eleventhdr
07-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Well I!. Suzy!.

windycissy
07-29-2005, 12:28 PM

It's motivated me to get in the best shape of my life - I weigh less now than I did in high school, so I can fit into those cute outfits.

I'm much more empathetic towards women. Who can blame them for wanting to chuck heels and stockings whenever they can? I get a rush out of wearing them, but they would be a real hassle 24/7.

It's a huge rush.

Nobody knows but me.

I like to do a lot of different things, but nothing comes close.

Not entirely, but I love to do it.

Probably ignore them, unless they got in her face about it.

No.

Closer to a hobby for me, because I only do it once or twice a month. But if I had the opportunity to do it full time, I can see where it might become a way of life, I enjoy it so much.

Rainbow6562005
07-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Not sure what better means in this context.
I think I treat people a lot more lovingly and empathetically now that I've finally acknowledged my passion to myself, my SO, folks here, and to my therapists. Simply allowing myself to know what's true about me is a wonderful relief. Since I'm less at war with myself suppressing "undesirable" parts of myself, now, I am less at war with the folks around me.
One of our members sees us as self-centered. I think that that's true for any group that has had its existence threatened and denied. A new cross-dresser focusing on "what do I do now that it's safe?" is very human and very understandable. I think that for most of us once this question is answered, we begin paying more attention to the world outside ourselves.

Rainbow