PDA

View Full Version : Close calls and it didn't phase me

Sally2005
11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
As the temperature reached a nice high today I managed to get out for what will probably be my last bike ride of the season before the snow arrives. I dressed in my usual spandex biking outfit. I wore a cheap wig under my helmet. The outting was uneventful except for a couple close calls.

In the first case, I took a detour off the main path to be near the water. On the way back I passed two middle aged guys on the overgrown path who were going fishing. I smiled as I passed by the first and the second who both returned smiles, except the second guy tried to position his fishing rod so it was not sticking out sideways in my way and in doing so he swerved his bike and almost ran in to me head-on! He was pretty scared, as was I. No time to react.

Then, while crossing a bridge I was looking down and adjusting hands on the handlebar and thinking, wouldn't that be something if I crashed and fell in the water...well, wouldn't you know, just then when I looked up I was heading to the railing and I corrected myself just in time. Phew.

Also, I came riding up behind an elderly man who was walking on the bike path. He turned to look at me as I was approaching. After I passed him I could hear a long whistle... not too loud, but it was a complement for sure. Made me smile.

I'm glad I went out, I needed the fresh air. The odd part is normally I would be in a state of panic for quite a while after these situations being enfem and all, but today it just happened and I almost ignored it. I guess my mind is on something else... I was in a daze all day.

Anyone else have some close calls like that, when you are just going through the motions?...

Persephone
11-10-2009, 02:20 AM
the second guy tried to position his fishing rod so it was not sticking out sideways in my way and in doing so he swerved his bike and almost ran in to me head-on! He was pretty scared, as was I. No time to react.

. . . just then when I looked up I was heading to the railing and I corrected myself just in time. Phew.

. . . I came riding up behind an elderly man who was walking on the bike path.

Anyone else have some close calls like that, when you are just going through the motions?...

:eek: I don't know, Sally, you sound like a one woman traffic hazard to me! Might be safer for you and for all of us if you disposed of the bike and took up walking!

Kinky with Ink
11-10-2009, 04:54 AM
The bike lady of doom:eek: lol sounds like you had a good time at least. Start watching where you ride though.

Mendona
11-10-2009, 08:16 AM
I have been in so many close calls that I don't care them anymore and the scariest one was two years ago when I was going to school. I was riding in side of road and then I was trying to look behind to see was there any cars behind my back and same time my bike started to go in middle of road and there was car coming front I quickly try to evade and I pass so close the car that I had to lift my leg so car side mirror won't hit me.
In school yard my face was like this :eek: few minutes later it was this :D

PretzelGirl
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Make sure you are wearing your air bags next time in case you do crash! :heehee:

Amy Lynn3
11-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Is that what you call an accident looking for a place to happen ?hehe. Glad all went well !!!

SusanMarie
11-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Being whistled at can be so satisfying...It sounds like you have the femme part under control, it's your bike riding that needs more practice!

PantyhoseNPumps
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I think I'm going to buy a bike!

Teri Jean
11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Sally that must have been fun. The thing I noticed is your ability to get into and out of close calls. Be careful, you don't want to skin yourself. The whistle is always good to hear.

Teri

sherri52
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Sally remind me to ride in front of you. I may not get run over and won't be distracted from the beauty on the other bike. Take the wolf call again and again.